Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnme12 View Post
It has been almost every weekend. More holidays than I can count....and always last minute changes the morning of visiting. Not to mention the riff raff of the visiting policies. No form fitting....well not all women are skinny....I think it's very wrong to have to dress like a nun or with clothes that are falling off. They don't start on time. All do things different. No one is consistent. Than every other day the computers are down or the phone system is.....the excuse they get is its being upgraded....HOW! It's BOGUS and all of the ladies that have complaints should do just that
Ok these are legitimate complaints but what are you going to do to address these issues?? Private message me if you want to join our group ...otherwise they will do what they do because noone stands up for what is right and humane.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
julzb (05-22-2016), Lytebryte (05-23-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2016, 07:25 PM

I cant find the victorille 2 thread? They have been on lockdown it seems for weeks now. My mom passed away 4 days ago and I am wondering how much longer it will be so I can tell my husband. I know they dont care about the family of the inmate in their eyes. My husband is human. Not someone just to stuff in a box and forget and life does go on out here and he still should be considered part of a family. It seems they are doing so little to keep hope up. This is bull that the lock downs are indefinate.
The Following User Says Thank You to julzb For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (05-23-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzb View Post
I cant find the victorille 2 thread? They have been on lockdown it seems for weeks now. My mom passed away 4 days ago and I am wondering how much longer it will be so I can tell my husband. I know they dont care about the family of the inmate in their eyes. My husband is human. Not someone just to stuff in a box and forget and life does go on out here and he still should be considered part of a family. It seems they are doing so little to keep hope up. This is bull that the lock downs are indefinate.
My husband is in Victorville 2. I got a letter from him last week that said they told them the lockdown would probably last for a month. So... Hopefully it will be over soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to Missmckenzie For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 11:53 AM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmckenzie View Post
My husband is in Victorville 2. I got a letter from him last week that said they told them the lockdown would probably last for a month. So... Hopefully it will be over soon!
This is the USP Victorville thread... just don't want anyone to be confused about the information that's being received by L.O.s. The USP lockdown just started last Thursday, so we can only wait till someone gets mail and can say what's going on.

I have heard nothing from USP about the current lockdown, but am thinking this one is gonna last for quite a while... and that makes me sad and angry. I understand the lockdown needs for "safety for the staff and inmates" but to continually lock down EVERYONE for the actions of a few is wearing us all down, those inside and out. Send the troublesome ones to a separate wing and/or SHU and dole out the punishment.. but leave the ones that are just trying to do their time and get the hell out of there to do just that. Otherwise, more will just lose it and snap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-23-2016), Lytebryte (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmckenzie View Post
I believe two inmates beat up a C/O in Meduim II so if this is the case they will be on for 30 days if not more. That is what happened about a year ago when an inmate attempted to stab a C/O at USP and they went on lockdown for a month. Not sure what happened at USP but if it is an attack on a C/O then it is gonna be
a very long 30 plus day lockdown.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 01:24 PM

Default Lockdown again

Okay I just got a letter from my man and he says there was a race riot in 4A he thinks that the unit...not a 100 percent positive so they are on LOCKDOWN for a long time...he thinks it was the blacks against the southsiders. Has anyone else heard anything?? I do not want anyone worrying about their loved ones I would think everyone is ok but maybe bruised up. He also said the Region was there for an annual inspection when this went down...so not a good impression of the new captain and warden...maybe changes are gonna happen.?? Because it seems so much worse under their watch .
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 11:38 PM
I’m impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:
Ladies I am new to this forum....but I visit often. I was advised that it is best to take any complaints to Senator Barbara Boxer. She is the one who can help look into this and possibly do more.
Have you sent anything yet? If so please share the contact info..

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Old 05-23-2016, 11:43 PM

Quote:
It has been almost every weekend. More holidays than I can count....and always last minute changes the morning of visiting. Not to mention the riff raff of the visiting policies. No form fitting....well not all women are skinny....I think it's very wrong to have to dress like a nun or with clothes that are falling off. They don't start on time. All do things different. No one is consistent. Than every other day the computers are down or the phone system is.....the excuse they get is its being upgraded....HOW! It's BOGUS and all of the ladies that have complaints should do just that
Straight Bullsh**! Come on ladies lets come together and write letters.. We deserve answers.... This is wrong, but if we don't take the complaints to the right people. Nothing will ever change!

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
801Melody (05-24-2016), Ladydae (05-24-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
This is the USP Victorville thread... just don't want anyone to be confused about the information that's being received by L.O.s. The USP lockdown just started last Thursday, so we can only wait till someone gets mail and can say what's going on.

I have heard nothing from USP about the current lockdown, but am thinking this one is gonna last for quite a while... and that makes me sad and angry. I understand the lockdown needs for "safety for the staff and inmates" but to continually lock down EVERYONE for the actions of a few is wearing us all down, those inside and out. Send the troublesome ones to a separate wing and/or SHU and dole out the punishment.. but leave the ones that are just trying to do their time and get the hell out of there to do just that. Otherwise, more will just lose it and snap.
I agree!.. They shouldn't be allowed to keep those grown man caged in for 23 hrs, feeding them box/bag meals... They are supposed to receive at less one hot meal per day. This is AWEFUL!I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy!

801Melody (05-24-2016), Ladydae (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 01:26 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
Ok these are legitimate complaints but what are you going to do to address these issues?? Private message me if you want to join our group ...otherwise they will do what they do because noone stands up for what is right and humane.
I think its time to write Loretta Lynch, Attorney General or
Sally Quillian Yates, Deputy Attorney General....

Correspondence to the Department, including the Attorney General, may be sent to:

U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

The Department may be contacted by phone at the following:

Department Comment Line: 202-353-1555
Department of Justice Main Switchboard: 202-514-2000

justice.gov

THIS IS WHERE I'M GOING TO START.. IT'S TIME FOR SOME TYPE OF ACTION!!

Ladydae (05-24-2016), sueshe (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 02:57 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
I think its time to write Loretta Lynch, Attorney General or
Sally Quillian Yates, Deputy Attorney General....

Correspondence to the Department, including the Attorney General, may be sent to:

U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

The Department may be contacted by phone at the following:

Department Comment Line: 202-353-1555
Department of Justice Main Switchboard: 202-514-2000

justice.gov

THIS IS WHERE I'M GOING TO START.. IT'S TIME FOR SOME TYPE OF ACTION!!
I have drafted a letter. This could be revised to be edited and signed by many of us. I have been asked by my L.O. not to do anything using my name, he is concerned about me doing that. I am more than happy to participate anonymously and compile and send this letter for the group of us.

Paragraphs can be added to document specific issues and your name can show at the start of the paragraph if you wish. (I am Anonymous 1)

Does any one have any concerns or issues with this???
Attached Files
File Type: docx Letter to DOJ.docx (23.5 KB, 8 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-24-2016), fbopnomore (05-24-2016), Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

Since your letter is specific to Victorville, and the new warden, think about including the issue of 300 phone minutes a month since it is a bop-wide policy.

I hope someone pays attention to what is happening there.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:14 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

I did include the 300 minute issue do you mean, not to include it?
The Following User Says Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 04:17 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

THANK YOU for your feedback!

I've made a few revisions and moved the 300 minute issue to the end of the letter.

REV 1 attached
Attached Files
File Type: docx Letter to DOJ- rev.1.docx (23.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by sueshe; 05-24-2016 at 04:22 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-24-2016), Ladydae (05-26-2016), Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Wife

Quote:

I've made a few revisions and moved the 300 minute issue to the end of the letter.

REV 1 attached
What about the 300 min are we supposed to get more? We never get to use them they always locked down...I haven't received mail and they won't tell me anything...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydae For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:

REV 1 attached
Wow thank you for doing this!! After people add their opinions and ideas I will have my sister who is an author to go over it and polish it up. By the way how many people are gonna sign it?? I know the silent majority is out there...make your opinion beliefs count!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (05-24-2016), Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:17 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydae View Post
What about the 300 min are we supposed to get more? We never get to use them they always locked down...I haven't received mail and they won't tell me anything...
300 minutes a month, is what they get, if they can use the phone. I'm looking for an avenue for the BOP to revisit this policy, because it isn't sufficient for maintaining relationships.

It's in the letter.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Letter to DOJ- rev.1.docx (23.7 KB, 0 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (05-25-2016), Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:21 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
Wow thank you for doing this!! After people add their opinions and ideas I will have my sister who is an author to go over it and polish it up. By the way how many people are gonna sign it?? I know the silent majority is out there...make your opinion beliefs count!!
PEEPS, please send your names and state and any specific issues to you and your l.o., you have that are not addressed already.

The more people that get behind this, the better. No guarantees, but at least it's a place to start.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:44 PM

The phone limit of 300 minutes a month was set to prevent business from being conducted from inside. That is unfortunately not likely to get increased because of this.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Wife

Quote:
PEEPS, please send your names and state and any specific issues to you and your l.o., you have that are not addressed already.

The more people that get behind this, the better. No guarantees, but at least it's a place to start.
Phylicia Jackson put my name on.n there
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydae For This Useful Post:
sueshe (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 03:44 PM

If you could add my complaints I sent to them:
COMPLAINT: sent Mar 29th, 2016
o whom it may concern:

I understand some changes have been implemented immediately following the recent lockdown. All vending machines have been removed and check-in procedures have been extremely delayed despite visitors being on time or early. There were also no notifications made of the facility being locked down until 1 week after the initial cease of normal operations or upon showing up only to be told there were no visits and to call and then calling only to have the phone ring continuously.

I also understand there are safety precautions, procedures, and protocol to follow when incidents occur, however those abrupt changes do not alleviate the added stresses and loss of money for many of us coming from afar and time taken off of work to visit our loved one who has been afforded these privileges.

There has to be a better way to help make the visiting process more simple and stress free for everyone. Again, I am only sharing my frustrations as a means to work with your facility in finding a solution that best fits everyone.

I would like to know whom to speak with or how I navigate this. I know you receive hundreds, if not, thousands of complaints daily and hopefully if by working with someone there directly or by submitting a proposal of some sort to show suggestions of what issues we face as visitors and proposed solutions in addressing the continued problems then we can work together in a compromise.

ISSUES:

1-inadequate notification of No Visitations/lack of communication

A-March 4th: I called every hour on the hour from 7am-4pm checking to verify of visiting; no answer; just continously ringing

B-March 5th: I called every hour on the hour from 6am-8am to verify visiting; no answer; drove to the facility from my hotel and told by staff member in a truck in the parking lot they were on lock down and no visits until further notice and to call and verify next time; explained that I called every hour on the hour from 6am until I showed up at 8am and staff stated they are trying to work with the Warden to address the problem.

C-March 6th: I called every hour on the hour from 7am-4p; continous ringing; no answer

D-March 7th: I called every hour on the hour from 7am-4P; continous ringing; no answer

E-March 11th to March 14th: I called every hour on the hour from 7am-3p; continuous ringing; no answer

F-March 18th: I called 7am and recording finally stated no visiting until further notice (2 weeks after the lockdown)

2-Removing of Vending machines

A-The food not only is a benefit for the inmates (as unhealthy as it is), but it helps with the visit and when I have my child with me. Visiting time is scheduled from 830a-3p and it is a long time to not be able to feed my child since we cannot bring food in. Visiting in general helps us humanize the situation we are all in; not just our loved one. It puts us, as a family, in a place of hope and makes us feel like us again.

3-Time & Money loss

A-I have taken time off from work each visit I make. When I have called to verify visiting and no one answers, I am under the impression visitations are still occurring. This has happened to me when visiting in February and last year in February. When I have shown up and they were on lockdown the whole weekend, even after calling to verify with no answer, I lose out on the time taken off from work and the money spent on the hotel, car rental and plane ticket as I am traveling from Utah. It also brings on added stress and frustration when our loved one has these visiting privileges, but is forced to lock down for someone elses wrong doing. I understand if my husband was the actual person causing the problem, but why can't visiting still be run if they have earned it?

Who may I speak with directly? Do I have to make a formal complaint? I truly would like to work with someone in addressing these problems and come up with solutions that help everyone. Thank you for taking time out to read through my concerns. Looking forward to speaking with someone soon.

COMPLAINT #2: sent Dec. 17, 2015

I am writing in regards to a Medical concern on behalf of my boyfriend. He was injured this past weekend and stated he has not received adequate care. I understand, per your Prison Policy, that regardless of injuries sustained in your facility all staff (Medical/Law Enforcement/Corrections) are to provide such care. I am also aware that you do have on-call Medical Staff to assist should the injuries happen on the weekend and beyond the scope of staff knowledge.

I am immensely concerned because he suffered another injury immediately following receiving inadequate care from your staff, which resulted in him having to be taken to a local hospital outside of your facility. This injury should NOT have happened had he been given proper medical attention.

Currently, he is still awaiting to be seen for such care and is still suffering from further issues despite his continued efforts to speak with Medical. I would like to know who I am able to speak with or what the proper procedure and protocol is to expidite this matter to avoid further injuries and conflict.

Respectfully,

Cencira T.

385-313-8358 cell

rootsdeepconference@gmail.com

This letter is a definite start towards change. It's so important to show the numbers especially for those in power. They represent us as constituents, law abiding citizens, and as human beings with the positions they hold and the responsibilities that fall on their shoulders to uphold and maintain those. If it is NOT being upheld then it's our responsibility to make sure they know! I hope we get more people on board, unanimously or not, to voice their concerns. Thank you for drafting this letter and helping us do this together!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-26-2016), sueshe (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 04:49 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsie View Post
The phone limit of 300 minutes a month was set to prevent business from being conducted from inside. That is unfortunately not likely to get increased because of this.
I don't think that asking for an increase is unreasonable... I'm thinking like 100 minutes a week, nothing outrageous. But 4 more phone calls can make a huge difference.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:45 PM

Default Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prisons

Today I came across a legal briefing written by an attorney in Maryland to the Vera Institute of Justice: Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prisons citing several grievances against FCC Victorville (all complexes). The legal document was old (2005) but many of the issues cited are things we are still discussing today. I wonder if submitting our concerns to this Commission and bringing the visibility back to FCC Victorville might be beneficial in what we are trying to accomplish. Thoughts?

I tried to post the link to Vera's site but apparently I haven't posted enough here and am blocked from including links. If you google "Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prisons" you'll find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnimaBella For This Useful Post:
sueshe (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 06:27 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaBella View Post
Today I came across a legal briefing written by an attorney in Maryland to the Vera Institute of Justice: Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prisons citing several grievances against FCC Victorville (all complexes). The legal document was old (2005) but many of the issues cited are things we are still discussing today. I wonder if submitting our concerns to this Commission and bringing the visibility back to FCC Victorville might be beneficial in what we are trying to accomplish. Thoughts?

I tried to post the link to Vera's site but apparently I haven't posted enough here and am blocked from including links. If you google "Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prisons" you'll find it.
Thanks... that's a great link.

http://www.ushrnetwork.org/resources...ericas-prisons
Old 05-25-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I don't think that asking for an increase is unreasonable... I'm thinking like 100 minutes a week, nothing outrageous. But 4 more phone calls can make a huge difference.
I completely agree! I think it should be 450 minutes so we could get 1 call per day for 30 days. I was just saying it's not likely to happen because of that rule.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bearsie For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-25-2016), sueshe (05-26-2016)