Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
Does anyone know the current status at USP? I called and the recording of no visits played. Is internet down?
I actually just got off the phone with my bf a few minutes ago. He said they been locking in a little earlier at night (like 7:30pm) but other than that things seem to be getting back to normal. And no the internet isn't down either as I got a few emails today as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaBella View Post
I actually just got off the phone with my bf a few minutes ago. He said they been locking in a little earlier at night (like 7:30pm) but other than that things seem to be getting back to normal. And no the internet isn't down either as I got a few emails today as well.
Oh thank you so much!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 04:26 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_lynn View Post
It was awful! And still no vending machines. Saturday waited about an hour and a half on Sunday I waited for 3 hours and didn't get to see him and today they were being crazy about the dress code I changed into my spare outfit that I had in the car ( jeans that I always wear to visiting and a t shirt) wasn't allowed in along with about 4 other people, they kept saying the pants were too tight. Then I went to the store got a long flowy dress and a sweater but they wouldn't let me in because the straps weren't wide enough even though they covered the full shoulder then had to go back to the store and bought another outfit and I finally got in right before 2pm. The lady up front was extremely rude and when I said this is ridiculous she said if I said another word that she was terminating my visiting.
I'm sure it's the same bitch that gave me a bunch of grief last year. The dress code is a joke...cuz she does what ever she wants depending on who's in front of her at the moment. So yes that can differently change in the same visiting period. I couldn't wear a v-neck shirt even though others were let in with scoop neck shirts that were substantially lower cut than mine. She also said I couldn't wear a watch even though she let someone in that was wearing like 5 watches. She is a complete bitch...ALWAYS. sorry she did it to you too.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:31 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
I visit Victorville USP almost every other month and have been for almost a year. Anything I can help you with let me know.

Does anyone come from San Francisco Bay Area Way???
Hi! My name is Mya... And I'll be coming from the Bay Area to visit in Victorville.. But I'm trying to see if theirs other people driving down from the bay because I would like to either caravan or carpool. Lol or even rotate trips.

I'm so new to this. Personally this is my first prison relationship. So I'm learning as I go... The lockdown was really tough for me. Thank God it's over. But what can you tell me about sending pictures and the dress code? I sent done pictures through Shutterfly. But he still hasn't received them.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:36 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Smile

Quote:

If I may chime in.. My name is Mya and I'm new to the prison relationship. So I have a question for you, does the lock downs ALWAYS happen?

Is it possible that I'll get down there and they just cancel visiting? That would be AWEFUL!.. In addition, do you know how long it takes to get your visiting form approved?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
If I may chime in.. My name is Mya and I'm new to the prison relationship. So I have a question for you, does the lock downs ALWAYS happen?

Is it possible that I'll get down there and they just cancel visiting? That would be AWEFUL!.. In addition, do you know how long it takes to get your visiting form approved?
Hi Mya...lockdowns don't always happen but USP V has a new warden right now so there's a lot of flexing going on. I'd hope things will eventually settle down some. Sadly yes, you can get down there and visits can be cancelled. There's no guarantees, especially right now. Its a real gamble. As far as your form getting approved, mine only took a few days. It may depend on the inmate and the counselor who is approving though.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnimaBella For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-27-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 09:36 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

And here we go again....they've been on lock down since early this morning. ... who knows for how long..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016), Caligirl75 (05-01-2016), Ladydae (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
And here we go again....they've been on lock down since early this morning. ... who knows for how long..
Yep this is getting out of control was planning to visit tomorrow...c/o told me to call tomorrow to see if they are off lockdown. I guess it is easier to run the prison when all the inmates are locked in their cells 23 hours day and given bologna sandwiches. The money we taxpayers are paying is definitely not going to our loved ones....pennies are being spent on them!
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Wife

Quote:
I got a email this morning saying lockdown this is ridiculous
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladydae For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016), Caligirl75 (05-01-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydae View Post
I got a email this morning saying lockdown this is ridiculous
Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:23 PM

This is definitely out of control. I won't even go into what we are dealing with. Over $26,000 they get per inmate and yes we all know our husbands/loved ones are in there for a reason, but to treat them like this is straight ridiculous. My husband's bid is just about over and I thank god for that. My heart goes out to all who still has remaining time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RJB12 For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016), Caligirl75 (05-02-2016), fbopnomore (05-02-2016), Ladydae (05-02-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJB12 View Post
This is definitely out of control. I won't even go into what we are dealing with. Over $26,000 they get per inmate and yes we all know our husbands/loved ones are in there for a reason, but to treat them like this is straight ridiculous. My husband's bid is just about over and I thank god for that. My heart goes out to all who still has remaining time.
The money is not going toward food as I have been told that if it wasnt for commissary he and others would be going to bed hungry....why are animals treated better than our men??????
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016), Ladydae (05-02-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:07 PM

This is just crazy, I went in for visiting today around 8 am and I was waiting in the waiting room and the person working the front desk locked all of us visitors in the waiting room. We were locked in for at least 30 minutes and an ambulance came and fire truck so who knows what happened. They ended up letting us out and told us to try again at 11:30 to see if they were doing visits and of course they weren't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016), Caligirl75 (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
This is just crazy, I went in for visiting today around 8 am and I was waiting in the waiting room and the person working the front desk locked all of us visitors in the waiting room. We were locked in for at least 30 minutes and an ambulance came and fire truck so who knows what happened. They ended up letting us out and told us to try again at 11:30 to see if they were doing visits and of course they weren't.
Still on lockdown and no visits today. I wonder how long this one will be?? Did you see anyone being loaded into the ambulance?
Old 05-02-2016, 10:45 AM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Thumbs down Ridiculous!.

Quote:
Hi Mya...lockdowns don't always happen but USP V has a new warden right now so there's a lot of flexing going on. I'd hope things will eventually settle down some. Sadly yes, you can get down there and visits can be cancelled. There's no guarantees, especially right now. Its a real gamble. As far as your form getting approved, mine only took a few days. It may depend on the inmate and the counselor who is approving though.
I think I'm going to send out a visiting form everyday for 5 days and see if the counselor ever receives it.. I even sent it priority mail.! Smh Well right now he has been transferred to a different county for a separate case so that maybe holding up the process as while.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I think I'm going to send out a visiting form everyday for 5 days and see if the counselor ever receives it.. I even sent it priority mail.! Smh Well right now he has been transferred to a different county for a separate case so that maybe holding up the process as while.
Mine took about 2 months to get approved so I guess it was not on the top of the to do list for his counselor.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:52 AM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:

Thank you!
Old 05-02-2016, 11:05 AM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
Mine took about 2 months to get approved so I guess it was not on the top of the to do list for his counselor.

No way!. That's too long.. Its really sad how they do whatever they want and however they want to..tcc
The Following User Says Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
No way!. That's too long.. Its really sad how they do whatever they want and however they want to..tcc
Yes it took awhile and now due to all the lockdowns I havent been able to see him but 2 times in the last 2 months.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
It's so hard to tell. I submitted mine and I had to call after 6 months of waiting and a lady on the phone felt bad for me & just looked it up to tell me that I was on his visiting list. There's really no telling what goes on and why they do things the way they do...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-02-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
It's so hard to tell. I submitted mine and I had to call after 6 months of waiting and a lady on the phone felt bad for me & just looked it up to tell me that I was on his visiting list. There's really no telling what goes on and why they do things the way they do...
It is a bureaucracy and a broken one at that!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (05-02-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 02:29 PM

My visiting form was approved in about a week and I did not see anyone get loaded into the ambulance. They let us out of the room around 9:30 and the ambulance was still there and it was empty but the fire department had left at that point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-02-2016), Ladydae (05-02-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I'm sure it's the same bitch that gave me a bunch of grief last year. The dress code is a joke...cuz she does what ever she wants depending on who's in front of her at the moment. So yes that can differently change in the same visiting period. I couldn't wear a v-neck shirt even though others were let in with scoop neck shirts that were substantially lower cut than mine. She also said I couldn't wear a watch even though she let someone in that was wearing like 5 watches. She is a complete bitch...ALWAYS. sorry she did it to you too.
It's always the women who work the front who are awful about dress code...it's just so inconsistent that I never know what to wear!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016), Caligirl75 (05-02-2016), Ladydae (05-02-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Wife

Quote:
My visiting form was approved in about a week and I did not see anyone get loaded into the ambulance. They let us out of the room around 9:30 and the ambulance was still there and it was empty but the fire department had left at that point.
Mines took a bout a week or two as well o visited 3 wks ago right after the other 3 lockdowns and I got to see my hubby all 3 days. They were sending ppl away about dress code and letting some in the same way they turned others away. They was on our back the whole visit in our mouths standing behind us we ignored them totally. It's hard to visit bc the weekly daily lockdowns and I paid over 1,000 to get there I'm Thankful it worked out but get insurance if u fly bc this place ain't no joke when it comes to canceling visits. My husband only been there going on 4 months...we can't wait til he get back on the East Coast and I can drive to him... Prayers Up to all those that traveled and couldn't visit they really don't care..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladydae For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-02-2016), Caligirl75 (05-02-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydae View Post
Mines took a bout a week or two as well o visited 3 wks ago right after the other 3 lockdowns and I got to see my hubby all 3 days. They were sending ppl away about dress code and letting some in the same way they turned others away. They was on our back the whole visit in our mouths standing behind us we ignored them totally. It's hard to visit bc the weekly daily lockdowns and I paid over 1,000 to get there I'm Thankful it worked out but get insurance if u fly bc this place ain't no joke when it comes to canceling visits. My husband only been there going on 4 months...we can't wait til he get back on the East Coast and I can drive to him... Prayers Up to all those that traveled and couldn't visit they really don't care..
Was Monday bad too? The monitors were really chill on my visits...they just stay up in the desk area but yes they are watching. I hope no one traveled far this last weekend. I think that this is gonna be the new norm for awhile. If anyone wants to join me and a few other ladies...we are going to do an inmate concern email about what has been happening recently. My man said to go for it if we do not stand up for what is right who will?? I cannot sit by and let this happen without some sort of protest. Whose in with us??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
801Melody (05-02-2016), Ladydae (05-03-2016), Lytebryte (05-05-2016)