Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM

Well......it took 3 years but we have finally been approved for visits!! I am so happy that I can hardly see straight! I am planning to go see him around Thanksgiving!! I am nervous and excited and just so so happy!!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Donation Award 

Default visit approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoymoo1 View Post
Well......it took 3 years but we have finally been approved for visits!! I am so happy that I can hardly see straight! I am planning to go see him around Thanksgiving!! I am nervous and excited and just so so happy!!
congratulations!!!!!
INFORMATION
and
to listen!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:36 AM

Hello all =)

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what area code and prefixes I need to get the cheapest local call possible to USP Victorville. A friend of mine was just transferred there so I trying to get everything set asap, including switching cell numbers so that I can get a call soon. How long after they arrive can they make calls? I already got one email from him. Does that mean he can call me soon?

Thanks in advance for any help =)
Old 10-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Donation Award 

The area code is 760. The prefix for the prison is 530. Some people use Google voice, which is free, but has limited availability for the numbers. I use Vonage. I have to pay about $12 monthly for 400 minutes, but since the inmates only get 300 minutes per month it works for me. My LO is at Med 2 and it is probably different at the USP, but they have to wait in line to use the phone or the email.
The Following User Says Thank You to chingobingo For This Useful Post:
LuvlyBayGirl (10-16-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 AM

Thanked 3,991 Times in 1,743 Posts

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself as my husband was just moved to USP Victorville for interferon treatments. He was previously at FCI Phoenix and then at USP Pollock but for the next 11-17 months Victorville will be home.

My name is Kendra and I live in AZ. Having him only 6 hours from home instead of 20 is a blessing! We have 3 children and I run a prison outreach for odinists.

I'm sure I'll be around here often and hope to get to know some of you! May you all have a safe and blessed weekend and hopefully some of you will be spending it in your LOs arms
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Kendra!
So he's at the USP? My husband is in the Med 2. There is a Med 1, Med 2, USP and Camp for females all at Victorville.

What is an odinist?
Blessings,
Lisa
Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM

Hi Lisa!
Yes, he just got to the USP yesterday I guess, he got to the OKC transfer center Wednesday and then was moved right away to the USP. We are hoping that he will be moved to one of the mediums in the next couple of months. He's doing state time right now as well and in a week or two that will be done and his points will drop back down.

Odinism or Heathenism or Asatru is a pagan religion based on honoring the Old Gods of the Norse people. And I hope nobody takes offense to that. While that is my faith, I respect all others and have friends and family in all walks of life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
chingobingo (11-14-2013), lokki (10-30-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 04:27 PM

Has anybody heard from there loved ones at the USP? I havnt heard from mine since Yesturday about noon. Not like him to not call and say goodnight. Just wondering if anybody has heard something?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:40 PM

Sorry, I forgot to post. My husband at the USP told me yesterday morning that something was going down and that they would be locked down for a while. I asked him to call me if he had time before then and he said he probably wouldn't and that was the last I heard from him. This was at about 10 yesterday morning. I got a message from a friend at the FCI letting me know that they were on lockdown at the USP in case I didn't know. Hubby said it would be at least a week but probably longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
LeggieMeggie (11-19-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Donation Award 

Default probably on lockdown

My husband is in Med. 2 at Victorville. He told me someone got murdered at the USP, so at the Medium they are locked in their unit. At the USP they are on lockdown. You can always call the prison, if someone answers, ask "Are you on lockdown?" They should say yes or no. You can ask more questions but they don't always answer them. You can probably rest assured that it is not your loved one who has been killed or you would have been notified. My heart goes out to the family of the man who was killed.
Here is an article from the Victorville Daily Press:
Inmate killed at Victorville prison
November 13, 2013 5:02 PM
Staff Reports
VICTORVILLE • The United States Penitentiary-Victorville was on lockdown Wednesday after an inmate was found dead in a cell, authorities said.

Prison staff found an inmate Wednesday who suffered what appeared to be “a serious assault” and the victim was pronounced dead at the scene Wednesday, according to a news release from the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

The name of the inmate is being withheld until next of kin can be notified, the release stated.

All inmates were temporarily confined to their cells while the FBI investigated the incident. The investigation was still ongoing as of Wednesday afternoon.

Located at 13777 Air Base Road, USP-Victorville is part of the Federal Correctional Complex in Victorville and Adelanto. It was activated in 2005 and currently houses approximately 1,300 high-security inmates, according to the release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chingobingo For This Useful Post:
njoymoo1 (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 PM

Omg ladies this is terrible news. I hope it's not any of our loved ones. I just seen this and the prison won't answer. I was planning on flying in to see him this wknd. The vm is saying no visits for this wknd. Did they release a name? I'm so concerned!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:21 PM

if you look up the article you will see the comments from the man's daughter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
chingobingo (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 06:42 PM

Default Oh this is sooo terrible.

God be with the family of the man who was killed. What a horrible thing to happen. I hope that the c .o.s themselves did not do this but, it is possible. God be with all of our men there tonight and always and keep them safe.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 PM

So sorry to the family of this man!! I was planning on going to visit next weekend...for the very first visit with my man after 3 years.....I pray that they are off lockdown by then!! I can't imagine that they will be....how long were they down for last time a few months ago? It was a couple weeks wasn't it?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 PM

We are going to be missing our guys lots I found sending Moonpig cards is easy and cheap to do. For 3.99 plus postage you can get 2 cards sent out from them and there is lots of selection. You can upload your photos or personalize cards. I write whole letters on em because then I dont have to go to the post office they mail em for me.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 PM

Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoymoo1 View Post
3 years? Congrats! Hopefully they will have visiting again by then!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:10 PM

I'm new on this site.. And my boyfriend was recently transfered to Victorville USP and I also haven't heard from him since yesterday night.. Kind of worried.... don't really know too much prison but i'm hoping and praying that everything is okay. can you update me when or if the lockdown is over? thank you
Old 11-14-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzb View Post
3 years? Congrats! Hopefully they will have visiting again by then!
I sure am praying that they do!!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
We are going to be missing our guys lots I found sending Moonpig cards is easy and cheap to do. For 3.99 plus postage you can get 2 cards sent out from them and there is lots of selection. You can upload your photos or personalize cards. I write whole letters on em because then I dont have to go to the post office they mail em for me.
Thanks for the heads up on this site.....just got 2 cards sent out. Personalized them with some of his favorite pics of me! I hope it helps him while he is locked down!!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc0326 View Post
I'm new on this site.. And my boyfriend was recently transfered to Victorville USP and I also haven't heard from him since yesterday night.. Kind of worried.... don't really know too much prison but i'm hoping and praying that everything is okay. can you update me when or if the lockdown is over? thank you
Welcome!! Just keep checking back here we will let each other know as soon as we hear from our loved ones.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:35 PM

No word yet and can not find any new articles on the internet. Only one said the man was 53 so I don't know if I believe the age. Just saying I will worry until I hear from my husband. Hope you all are waiting through this ok.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
No word yet and can not find any new articles on the internet. Only one said the man was 53 so I don't know if I believe the age. Just saying I will worry until I hear from my husband. Hope you all are waiting through this ok.
Same here. I'm going to keep worrying until I hear from him, I've been keeping my phone with me at all times..
Old 11-15-2013, 11:06 PM

Default Wait and worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc0326 View Post
Same here. I'm going to keep worrying until I hear from him, I've been keeping my phone with me at all times..
I cant bring my phone to work with me so it is a long day before I can check it. But, I could see after work if he had tried to call so that is some relief even. I know if they are locked down they likely are locked down for awhile so will wait for a letter which can take a long time during lock down also. I think this makes two murders and a suicide there this year as well as one inmate tried to escape and got beaten and raped for it (not by inmates). You think the BOP would start to wonder if something is really really wrong there that these things keep happening. Other prisons have some fights but murder is not so common. Or maybe it is and we just don't hear about it. If someone was murdered on the street there would be articles all over to read all about it. When one of the inmates is murdered it is super hushed up. A little leaked article then you never hear about it again. Swept under the rug. The sad part is you have to wonder if in fact it is a inmate on inmate or some other suspicious thing. They are great at writing reports of fiction so you will never really know.

Well the minute anyone hears from some of their men, probably in a week or two, please post so we all have a little hope.

Night all.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,951 Times in 4,555 Posts

Its terrible news that a man has lost his life , many condolences and prayers to his family...

I have to say I worry about my man everyday that he is in there. I am hoping to visit in the next few weeks, I have tried calling but no one is answering. Lets hope this lock down is over soon so we can all hear from our loved ones. Our communication is slow as it is , but the lock down makes it slower than ever.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Every second that he is there and I am here is a moment of worry for me!! I cannot wait until the BOP is just a memory and we aren't faced with the threat of violence and mayhem anymore!! I just want him home!!