Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm his babydoll.

Default He was reclassified as S-3? What does this mean for us?

I got a letter today and he was changed to S-3 on 5/3. He says this means 15 more days of good time a month, how does this factor in?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Loving Life Now!!

If I understood your other post, he's Aggravated, right? If that's the case, the 15 more days of good time a month doesn't mean anything towards his actual time. It DOES however, show parole board "institutional adjustment". Basically, it shows he's behaving himself in there.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. My husband is Agg too, so it means nothing to us either, except the above.

Nance
Old 05-16-2005, 07:23 PM

My fiance is in for a non aggravated case and I'm under the impression that it means nothing anyway for anyone. I was told that Texas doesn't count good time or work time. My fiance has a five year sentence. He is finishing up his fourth year right now and according to his time sheet if they would count all that good time he has served more than eight years. I wish it would count because then I wouldn't be in this bed alone right now.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Loving Life Now!!

Texas DOES count good time. You may want to call Classification to find out about your situation Lady.

Nance
Old 05-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm his babydoll.

He told me it should mean his release date will be moved up, but I have no idea.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Loving Life Now!!

iloveseh, if he is Agg, then NO, it will not move up his release date. Agg has to serve 50% before parole eligible. I'm assuming, because you said it was a revocation without a new charge, that he is serving time from his original sentence. If that is the case, and his original charge is an aggravated crime, then it won't help...unless, someone help me out here, he was charged before a certain year...
Hopefully someone will come along and clarify this. In what year was his original charge and sentencing?

Nance
Old 05-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm his babydoll.

I just called the automated system and they did move it up 7 months from the last time I checked it, so I guess that's a start. He was sentenced back in 87 so who knows, maybe that's why, plus in July of 2007 he will have served 20 years if they count when he was on parole and out. He was 17 when he committed the crime so everything has changed a million times since then. Thanks for everyones support.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Account Closed

If it is a Agg crime good time does not have anything to do with his date moving up. At least for mine it didn't. But then again Herb's didn;t have a short way. I would call classification just to make sure.

Also him being moved up to an s3 he gets more contact visits....
Old 05-16-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm his babydoll.

I guess I should actually call and talk to someone. He seems to think his time will move up quite a bit, but I'm not sure how. He's supposed to get his time papers this week sometime though. As for the contact visits, that's good. Unfortunantly I'm not on the visitation anymore.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Account Closed

Man that bites. I am so sorry.... See my husband was told his time would move up also, but then when it come down to him going to an S3 he was told because he had no short way date and his crime feel under the 78th legislative and that meant his 2nd degree robbery was listed as AGG, even though he isn't that is how it is.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm his babydoll.

Thanks, I appreciate your responses. I'm beside myself with all of this and I'm not sure what to believe and how to get through each day. I just keep going cause he's my whole world and one day I know god will bring him home.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Account Closed

Call Classification tomorrow: 936-437-8942 good luck
Old 08-12-2005, 04:55 PM

My fiance is in for agg robbery 1F, and he is to be coming up for parole real real soon. This is is first offense and not quite sure what to expect. Is classification is S3. I am by myself as well. Just me and his girls. I work in law enforcement and a full-time student. How does the parole board look at all of this?