Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 07-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Default Clemency Crud

My heart is broken as I just found out that my brother's clemency hearing did not go well yesterday. He got 10 years for stealing a watch. (His cell mates have committed crimes like attempted murder and get the same sentence!!) Yes, he had a history of drug use and theft, but his original judge said that he was going to make an example of him. The joke was on the judge when my brother started turning his life around. The good news it they are counting his time served towards his sentence. (I do not know all the technical terms) but the bad news is he has to serve the full sentence.
My heart breaks for him. He really is a good man. Drugs does not make someone bad, it is just poor choices. I miss my brother.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 04:18 AM
Moderator On Leave

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,766 Times in 1,194 Posts

Yes, I know that it’s hard, Jenny. I have a brother who’s been away in prison now for almost 30 years and so……I know. He’ll get out one day, though, and it’s important to realize that day is coming. It may not be in the next 15 minutes, but his day will come. I’ve done almost 15 years in prison here in Texas, myself and so it’s all a process to be gotten through and a matter of keeping one’s perspective in the positive as much as possible. Your brother is fortunate to have someone that cares and thinks of him such as you.