Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Texas prison & criminal justice system, and join in non-prison related conversations with other people from your state.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:23 PM

Default Newcomer

Hi Everyone,
I have been on this site since my husband learned of his sentence, but just recently began to post questions. My husband is serving 2 years for DWI and we have his parole hearing this Tuesday! We have been married over 12 years and have 3 kids, one is 24 and doesn't live at home anymore. It has been a rough year for us. Our home burned down in January, and he got his third DWI in March. It was an unfortunate circumstance. He wasn't actually driving, but he was asleep in the car with it running so the heater could be on. That is also a no no and with his previous offenses, the DA offered a 2 year plea deal. He took it in hopes of getting out in 4-6 months like his attorney suggested, but now that he is in, we realize it doesn't work quite like that. Just hoping he doesn't have to serve the full 2. We are grateful for the plea deal and are doing the best we can to get through the days. Looking for the opportunities to learn and grow as individuals and as a family. It has been difficult on many levels. He owns his own business and homeschools are youngest son who has learning disabilities. He is a great father and seeing him suffer the loss of his kids and them missing their daddy is the worst pain. We recognize driving while intoxicated is not acceptable and it is deserving of punishment, but I question if incarceration in a prison is the right punishment. I don't have anyone that understands how painful this is and this site brings me a lot of comfort. Thanks for listening and hoping for the best for all of you.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2018, 09:40 AM

Hello, and welcome! I'm sorry you're going through this, it is very stressful, but it will get easier. There is light at the end of the tunnel, it's just hard to comprehend. You're right, no one understands unless they have been through this journey. Hugs!
Old 09-14-2018, 12:39 PM

Hello, I find myself in the same situation as you, my husband is in jail for 3rd DWI and we took a plea for 2 years. I would like to know what the outcome was on you r parole hearing. My husband entered the TDCJ system on Aug 2 and I've had no contact with him since then. This is very hard on me we had barely gotten married on May 5th, 2017. I just want and need my husband to come home. Did you write letters of support for your husband?