Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:19 PM

Default Sex offender: How strict are POs around Logan/ Butler county, KY?

So I have a family member who will get out in May. Of course he was unable to do SOTP classes while in jail. So what all can I do to get things in order for release? Does anybody know how strict parole officers are around Logan/ Butler county in Kentucky?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2020, 10:32 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,628 Times in 17,349 Posts

There are usually different supervision styles in every office, ie laid-back; by-the-book but fair; beats one over the head constantly with the book, etc. While there are standard restrictions for newly paroled sex offenders, how long it takes for the PO to lessen those restrictions will vary from PO to PO.

He may have to take SOTP out here. His release paperwork and/or his PO will work out the details, then let him know.

I'm guessing that the Home Placement Inspection hasn't happened yet. The home address should not have any alcohol, drugs or weapons; no minor children, no children's toys, books, movies; the home must be at least 1000' from any school or daycare....the PO could be really strict here and include state / city parks, school bus stops and anywhere minors congregate. Now, Breathe!!

You may want to do some reading, ask general questions in the Loving a Sex Offender forum (LASO) located HERE. Its a soft place to land. Be sure to scroll down past that big white space to see all the sub-forums and threads.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-03-2020, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,526 Times in 3,257 Posts

Is he up for parole in May or will he be served out day-for-day in May?

If he's up for parole, don't count on him getting out then as he will have to complete SOTP.

If he's served out, he'll still have to complete SOTP on the street. He'll also most likely be placed on Post-Incarceration Supervision for 5 years, which is like parole only stricter for SOs. If he is indeed on that supervision, he'll have to follow every single rule very closely or risk going back to prison to finish that 5 year time day-for-day.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:37 AM

I’m not sure what the program resources are in Logan or Butler county, but in the larger metros, all released individuals were required to complete SOTP, regardless of what programs you did or did not complete while incarcerated. Your family member’s experience will depend very much on the PO he is assigned to and the quality of the program administrator. None of that can be known in advance. The best strategy for success is to just “go with the flow” and be super compliant, especially at the beginning. Once a PO gets comfortable that he doesn’t have a high maintenance parolee, the road can smooth out considerably. By the time I completed half my 5 year supervised release period, I did not even have to file monthly reports and received a visit every couple of months, at most. My wife hated it, but it was no big deal. I did have to take a CVSA test a couple of times a year, which did trip a few people up if they were not playing by the rules. Best advice is to just take everything one day at a time and not stress too much in advance until the situation unfolds.