Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it took a while for me to get my discharge papers from the PO...I don't remember exactly, but it seems like it was at least a couple of weeks. They were not mailed the day after my official release date, although the actual date of discharge was correct on the paperwork. Now....Breathe!!
No,no,no thank you! i appreciate it, bad news or good news, at least it's legit news. My PO said on our last visit , july 23rd he sent the letters out, but my discharge date is august 13. So i wonder if he actually sent the letters out the 23rd or just proceeding to send them out. And i'm breathing!! I promise
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnnyboy1812 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-16-2014), sidewalker (08-17-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2014, 05:22 PM

PO won't answer my calls
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,034 Posts

My son's PO would not only NOT answer his calls, when my son had an order signed by a judge in hand stating he had been off probation for WEEKS, she waited until he drove to the office on his report date. He got a few blocks from the office and she finally answered his call and said he didn't have to come, because he was off probation. It is what it is. Just sit tight... the paperwork will come.
The Following User Says Thank You to southernsarah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsarah View Post
My son's PO would not only NOT answer his calls, when my son had an order signed by a judge in hand stating he had been off probation for WEEKS, she waited until he drove to the office on his report date. He got a few blocks from the office and she finally answered his call and said he didn't have to come, because he was off probation. It is what it is. Just sit tight... the paperwork will come.
Yea it's unbelievable that they don't answer phone calls, but when they call we HAVE to answer. But i guess we messed up and they didn't. And of course he drove up for nothing, just how it works i guess haha. I'm sitting and tight and breathing, patiently as possible haha.

Wow! Just finally got intouch with PO, ok, So im going away next week and always requires a "traversals permit", so i called to see if i needed to get paperwork allowing me to take the vacation and he said "no your discharge date was last week, so your not required to have a traversals permit, your off probation"

I should've asked about my papers , but i got too stunned by hearing I'm off probation. So my question is, Am i technically off? or no, not until i get this paperwork. Even if it still requires the discharge letter i'm okay with that, just hearing he said I'm off is a awesome feeling.

Feelin' like a million bucks right now !
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyboy1812 For This Useful Post:
southernsarah (08-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Donation Award 

Congratulations! You are off probation! My son's never did send him any discharge paperwork. He got a signed order by a judge in the mail out of Nevada letting him know he was off. His TN PO probably figured it would be a waste of time to send him discharge paperwork in addition to it. If you want something in writing (I would), maybe you can send a note to the PO by mail asking for something in writing. But you are no longer on probation... (stern momma look) Now keep on doing the "next right thing" so you don't have to go back on it! LOL
johnnyboy1812 (08-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Congratulations! You are off probation! My son's never did send him any discharge paperwork. He got a signed order by a judge in the mail out of Nevada letting him know he was off. His TN PO probably figured it would be a waste of time to send him discharge paperwork in addition to it. If you want something in writing (I would), maybe you can send a note to the PO by mail asking for something in writing. But you are no longer on probation... (stern momma look) Now keep on doing the "next right thing" so you don't have to go back on it! LOL
Yea i'd figure that PO in TN thought it'd be a waste of time.. i could understand that, i feel like he didn't get anything because of that. I defiantly want documentation saying i'm off, any kind. So i'm off?!?!? :') , can i be called in? or can they show up at my house? and how do i get any kinda signed order by the judge? or is it automatically.
and at the stern momma dukes look, hahahaa, i know man, i wouldn't ever risk it again, i got gratitude from everything. Thanks for talking with me during this processes and still. thank you so much
southernsarah (08-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy1812 View Post
Yea i'd figure that PO in TN thought it'd be a waste of time.. i could understand that, i feel like he didn't get anything because of that. I defiantly want documentation saying i'm off, any kind. So i'm off?!?!? :') , can i be called in? or can they show up at my house? and how do i get any kinda signed order by the judge? or is it automatically.
and at the stern momma dukes look, hahahaa, i know man, i wouldn't ever risk it again, i got gratitude from everything. Thanks for talking with me during this processes and still. thank you so much
I have enjoyed talking with you. And I agree.. paperwork is important. You just never know if they are going to forget to mark it in the computer etc, and you get pulled over and the cops think you are still on probation, etc. I would definitely ask for something in writing.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I have enjoyed talking with you. And I agree.. paperwork is important. You just never know if they are going to forget to mark it in the computer etc, and you get pulled over and the cops think you are still on probation, etc. I would definitely ask for something in writing.
Yeah i loved coming home from work and seeing your responses and everyone elses, kept me it ease i guess you could say. and Exactly. With my luck that will happen. I mean he did say i didn't need a travelers permit, but still, i won't no shake ups or anything when i hit the road next week because ill be out of state. Do i call the court or PO for this paperwork? And can they still check up on me or call me in? Sorry, have to ask.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:30 PM

Probably going to give the court a call tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yeah i loved coming home from work and seeing your responses and everyone elses, kept me it ease i guess you could say. and Exactly. With my luck that will happen. I mean he did say i didn't need a travelers permit, but still, i won't no shake ups or anything when i hit the road next week because ill be out of state. Do i call the court or PO for this paperwork? And can they still check up on me or call me in? Sorry, have to ask.

Since your PO is not great about returning calls, I would fax a request to the office. Just call the main office and request a fax number. Request that discharge paperwork be faxed to you (provide a fax number.. Pony Mailboxes, UPS stores etc have them).. and ask that a hard copy be mailed to you. Also offer your email address if emailing it is easier for them.
Make it to the PO's attention and to the supervisor's attention.
Include a phone number in case they want to ask you anything.
David (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Donation Award 

If you have been told you are off probation they won't call you in.
johnnyboy1812 (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,841 Times in 1,601 Posts

Probation / Parole discharge papers were the only paperwork from my ole' ordeal that put a smile on my face.. While I don't have them framed and hanging on my wall I know I have them in a file someplace..

Definitely good to have..
johnnyboy1812 (08-19-2014), southernsarah (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Since your PO is not great about returning calls, I would fax a request to the office. Just call the main office and request a fax number. Request that discharge paperwork be faxed to you (provide a fax number.. Pony Mailboxes, UPS stores etc have them).. and ask that a hard copy be mailed to you. Also offer your email address if emailing it is easier for them.
Make it to the PO's attention and to the supervisor's attention.
Include a phone number in case they want to ask you anything.

Awesome info. I'm going to give an email for them and a number, and if i have to, ill get a hold of a fax machine. I know i defiantly have to keep pushing for it, and make it to there attention, i just try not to be pushy on them, even though i probably should be. It's not my "determiner" to be pushy and i always get scurrrdd with PO's to be honest aha. And i wasn't the best probationer on probation, i always cooperated and was respectful, just the Urine tests in the beginning weren't good.
southernsarah (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Probation / Parole discharge papers were the only paperwork from my ole' ordeal that put a smile on my face.. While I don't have them framed and hanging on my wall I know I have them in a file someplace..

Definitely good to have..
Yeah i figure it's just good to have if i run into any trouble.

And i also want to have it just to be 100% i'm off. Yes, my PO said i'm off and was Discharged as of last week and said "your off probation" and is letting me travel without a permit, but couldn't the judge still say, i want it extended due to the fail urine screens in his beginning of probation, or call me in. I'm probably over thinking it and sketching my self out, maybe it's just a "too good to be true" thing with me, being off probation haha.

Thank you all for responses. Seriously, it's appreciated.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yeah i figure it's just good to have if i run into any trouble.

And i also want to have it just to be 100% i'm off. Yes, my PO said i'm off and was Discharged as of last week and said "your off probation" and is letting me travel without a permit, but couldn't the judge still say, i want it extended due to the fail urine screens in his beginning of probation, or call me in. I'm probably over thinking it and sketching my self out, maybe it's just a "too good to be true" thing with me, being off probation haha.

Thank you all for responses. Seriously, it's appreciated.
No sweetie.. the judge won't do that. You are off for sure. But it is nice to have paperwork. Was it misd or felony probation?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
No sweetie.. the judge won't do that. You are off for sure. But it is nice to have paperwork. Was it misd or felony probation?
OK, phew. Yeah, because my PO said like a month ago that everything should go fine when the judge reviews it. and I believe a misd. Almost 100% sure it wasn't a felony. It was my 3rd time getting a marijuana possession charge. All charges were only a gram or so.
southernsarah (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Crazy Cajun Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 19,749 Times in 7,641 Posts

Hon, I'm going to celebrate as much as you when you get your official papers. You're stressing yourself to death!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-20-2014), johnnyboy1812 (08-20-2014), patchouli (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
Hon, I'm going to celebrate as much as you when you get your official papers. You're stressing yourself to death!!
Hahaha! I'm just stressing and overthinking things because i'm so excited to be finished with this shit honestly. And it's almost a "too good to be true" situation for me.

Cmon'nnnnnnn papers!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnnyboy1812 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-20-2014), patchouli (08-20-2014), southernsarah (08-21-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 12:13 AM

Discharge Papers? Are you there? It's me, Jon.. Hey so.. Won't you show yourself so I know your real? Myfaith remains strong, but give me a sign your there!

haha
southernsarah (08-21-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 02:02 PM

Still no papers......... and the PO didn't call me back. Agh :/
Old 08-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,230 Times in 13,894 Posts

They're certainly not in any hurry to get you the release papers, but Aug 13 was just a little more than 2 weeks ago. It might be a normal bureaucratic delay, or something more than that since they know how much it is upsetting you.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:44 PM

Yea I can understand they're in no rush to get me those papers. But I called about the papers last week and received no call which is suspicious to me, or again maybe I'm overthinking things.. I've been humble about the papers for the most part. Only called once asking for them and said "I was told that it'd be important to have just incase I'm pulled over or anything and run into any problems ", was going to call again but don't wanna be too pushy. Unless they're reading this I don't think they know it's upsetting me, trying my hardest not to let it show lol. And yea it's only been two weeks, I've heard it taking 2-6 weeks generally. Guess I'll patient and just believe the universe has a reason for making me wait for these damn papers haha

Last edited by johnnyboy1812; 08-30-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Old 08-31-2014, 07:27 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,230 Times in 13,894 Posts

I totally understand. The formal "you are finally finished" letter was a huge relief for me too. I will keep it handy forever.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:34 PM

Exactly. 100%. The temptation to call is crazy, but like you said I don't wanna appear to be upset or desperate for their papers.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:50 PM

Ugh the holiday....... no holidays damnit! Keep the judge working!!
patchouli (09-01-2014)