Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:57 PM

Question In desperate need of help about parole!!

My bf is supposed to see parole in October, if they approve it he still has to take a class that is 4 months long. Anyway, he has been incarcerated before and parole has voted in his favor in the past. I believe that he has been given that opportunity because he had a stable home plan and an employment opportunity. This time things are different, he may have to go to a halfway house or treatment facility and he doesn't have a job lined up. My question is, will they hold these things against him and possibly deny his parole strictly based on that? Any help will be appreciated...thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2014, 07:21 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,230 Times in 13,894 Posts

There is no way to know the answer to your questions. It may be possible to find out how the board handled similar cases in the past, but that is no guarantee they will do the same thing for him. Another consideration may be why he is back in prison after being paroled the last time. I hope they vote in favor of his parole application, and he will be eligible for release after completing the 4 month class.

Be sure to check the PA Parole forum for answers too.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=944
Old 09-26-2014, 06:11 PM

Not having an address to parole out to can hold him up, because then he would have to wait on an available bedspace at a HH/TC. The class may or may not hold him up, I have seen it go both ways, but where I was if you were just enrolled in the class when they were ready to parole you, that was sufficient and they would let you go.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:30 PM

The most important factor that they will consider when he is up for parole is his track record while incarcerated (Does he have any misconducts?) and his completion of programs. They may give him a PAROLED UPON COMPLETION of program.

If he does not have a home plan then he will have to go to a halfway house, they will not deny him BECAUSE he does not have a home plan unless he has a sex offense, halfway houses do not accept sex offenders.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:55 PM

Thanked 11,113 Times in 6,009 Posts

Prior incarcerations are more of a problem than the lack of a release plan that includes a specific residence or employment. It sends the distinct message to voters that he simply doesn't care about the rules of a civilized society. Each new felony conviction makes it incrementally more difficult to justify a favorable vote.