Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Default Thumb Correctional Facility..?

It turns out Wayne County Jail told me the wrong information My man is at Thumb Correctional Facility like the judge and the HYTA program stated. He's not at Boot Camp. I don't understand why they got my hopes up I feel like he's trying to call me because I keep getting blocked calls but no one says anything and just hangs up. I have money on my CBS account, I'm wondering if his calls aren't coming through..? Does anyone have a loved one at Thumb? If so, do you have a CBS account and does your loved one's calls come through on your phone? Thanks.

Last edited by teapotlove; 01-13-2011 at 05:44 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapotlove View Post
It turns out Wayne County Jail told me the wrong information My man is at Thumb Correctional Facility like the judge and the HYTA program stated. He's not at Boot Camp. I don't understand why they got my hopes up I feel like he's trying to call me because I keep getting blocked calls but no one says anything and just hangs up. I have money on my CBS account, I'm wondering if his calls aren't coming through..? Does anyone have a loved one at Thumb? If so, do you have a CBS account and does your loved one's calls come through on your phone? Thanks.
I have a loved one at Thumb and yes I have a CBS account and have never had any problems with receiving phone calls. Has he received his
pin# so he can place the call? Check with CBS and see why the block calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercream For This Useful Post:
teapotlove (01-13-2011)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
I have a loved one at Thumb and yes I have a CBS account and have never had any problems with receiving phone calls. Has he received his
pin# so he can place the call? Check with CBS and see why the block calls.

How is it there at Thumb? Has your loved one talked about any problems there? I don't think he received his pin # yet since he just got there most likely on Friday. But I'm getting blocked calls and I usually don't get blocked calls ever. I called CBS and they told me my account is fine, so I don't know.. I guess time will tell =/ Thanks!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:20 PM

My friend was at Thumb for 18 months and he says the youth program is very well run-he helped alot of them in the library. Of course if he has any problems with authority he will have a problem because they are strict but that's what most need at this point. I used CBS as well on my home phone and cell phone and never had any problems. CBS can tell you if he attempted to call...maybe the blocked calls are something else....Good luck and I'm so sorry they got your hopes up with bootcamp...hang in there
The Following User Says Thank You to Troy'sfriend For This Useful Post:
teapotlove (01-23-2011)
Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy'sfriend View Post
My friend was at Thumb for 18 months and he says the youth program is very well run-he helped alot of them in the library. Of course if he has any problems with authority he will have a problem because they are strict but that's what most need at this point. I used CBS as well on my home phone and cell phone and never had any problems. CBS can tell you if he attempted to call...maybe the blocked calls are something else....Good luck and I'm so sorry they got your hopes up with bootcamp...hang in there
Thank you! I'm sorry about the late reply. I just saw your post. My fiance's judge actually told him that if he's ticket free & stays out of trouble, he will be out in 18 months just like your friend! My guy sent me a 6 page letter and said he's doing great there so far The reason why he hasn't called is because the money order his dad sent him hasn't gone through in his account yet. So I'm being patient. Things have gotten much easier. Take care