Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region III Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region III Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Cooper Street CF, G. Robert Cotton CF, Gus Harrison CF, Huron Valley Center, Huron Valley CF, Macomb CF, Mound CF, Parnall CF, Parr Highway CF, Robert Scott CF, Ryan CF, Southern Michigan CF, Thumb CF

Old 07-07-2003, 09:24 AM

Default Thumb Correctional Facility, LaPeer

Can someone give me any information that might be helpful for my first visit to the Thumb Correctional Facility in LaPeer. He is a level IV and I was wondering if our visits would be face to face or if we would have glass between us? Also has anyone heard anything about this prision?

Thanks for the information,
DansBro
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Hi and welcome to PTO! I have no kowledge of this facility--sorry. You may want to go under Michigan on the first page and check the thred there of "What facility is your loved one at?" PM anyone who says their loved one is at Lapeer. I believe a couple people have loved ones there.... If you pm them, you will get answers quicker or you can wait and people will respond to this. Good luck.

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 07-07-2003, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I look at that thread and did not see anyone saying they had a loved one at the Thumb
Old 07-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Someone from Michigan will come along who's loved one used to be there then... They like to move them around a lot.... Hang in there..

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 07-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Donation Award 

DansBro, We were last there in 2001 but in level II. However they use the same visiting room. As long as you do not have non-contact visits the visiting is nice. They have chairs and tables and vending machines that you can buy sandwiches, snacks and drinks from. You are allowed to bring in $10.00 change. They had cards and board games that you could play when we were there and you could see the TV in the childrens playroom so I got to watch Toystory even though I couldn't hear it. It's a very clean nice facility. Warden Warren (still can't get use to calling her that) is a good warden for the most part. When you go be sure to pick up the rules for visiting the facility. They always have them printed up and sitting out front.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall.
~Confucius~
Old 07-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Hi DansBro,

Welcome to PTO!! From what I've heard, Lapeer is a nice facility....

MaBear answered as best I can. I hope you have a great visit and let us know how it goes!!!

mrs. d
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:23 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansBro View Post
Can someone give me any information that might be helpful for my first visit to the Thumb Correctional Facility in LaPeer. He is a level IV and I was wondering if our visits would be face to face or if we would have glass between us? Also has anyone heard anything about this prision?

Thanks for the information,
DansBro
DansBro, I'm not sure when you did the posting to ask for this help. I have been going to Lapeer(Thumb Correctional Facility) for about a year now. If you don't need the info anymore, hope all is well with ya.
Don't wear alot of jewelry, know your license plate number, have a change purse(can buy at Walmarts) that's see through-no more than $15.00 in change, wear a bra and undies, don't take anything to give inmate directly, as you can't. This is a level11 facility and as far as I know, you will be able to sit with your loved one in a controlled area. Remember that if you have any metal in you,ie, steel plate-etc., you would be better off to have a doctors slip for it. The CO's have all been awesome and very helpful to me. My guy inside has stated that they're very fair. It's a clean facility and if you have kids, they do have a play area for them inside while you're visiting. I think it's a "good, bad place."