Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > NEW YORK CITY HUB - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW YORK CITY HUB - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the NEW YORK CITY HUB - Sing Sing, Edgecombe, Fulton, Lincoln, Queensboro, Bayview, Arthur Kill.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Default Journalist Looking for Interview About Marrying While Incarcerated

Hello PTO,

I am a journalist with the podcast The Heart looking to speak to someone in the NYC area who plans to marry someone who is currently incarcerated. I am interested in telling a story about the emotional, legal, and practical issues associated with planning to marry someone who is in prison.

I have read the PTO media guidelines and I want to be as clear as possible about my intent. I am a producer on The Heart, a show that takes a close and personal look at the intricacies of love and relationships. To hear examples of our work, please visit our website at link to website removed per policy

I have also previously done a news story about a man who was incarcerated in Massachusetts. You can hear that story on my website, link to website removed per policy

If you are interested in being part of this story, please either comment on this thread or send me an email at email removed per policy, use PM system. Just to be clear that I am adhering to the guidelines--that is a work email address, not a personal one.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and I wish you all the best!

Samara

Last edited by sass4221; 12-09-2014 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: removed links to outside sites and email per policy
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator on Leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,160 Times in 3,058 Posts

Representation of PTO
We are proud of our community and welcome members of the Media or Researchers to enter into dialogue with us about our aims, objectives and site structure.
As this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature towards the families of those incarcerated.
PTO is not a dating site nor is it in any way a campaigning or political community. We are not affiliated to any religious organisation and operate an open door, equal-opportunity environment.
Any representation that suggests otherwise is not acceptable and we ask that you do not use our name in any such article or presentation.

Disclaimer for Members (Media Representatives)
PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any researchers or involved research institution.
PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from a research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.
Members contact media representatives at their own risk and under their own cognisance.

Media/Journalist/Researchers – Requirements for PTO Membership/Acceptable Conduct
PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.
We do, occasionally, allow media/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members.
Any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members.
Members of the media must obtain permission from PTO Administration before posting requests for information and/or contact details.
Media/Researchers who send unsolicited messages or post requests for information without express permission may be removed from this community.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:30 AM

I was married on October 20 2017. At Shawangunk Correctional Facility , what would you like to know about the tideous nature of Loving a Wrongfully convicted Man or is it That you are curious about Love having No Boundaries Im Available
Old 09-06-2019, 12:59 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,418 Times in 4,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedee Redd View Post
I was married on October 20 2017. At Shawangunk Correctional Facility , what would you like to know about the tideous nature of Loving a Wrongfully convicted Man or is it That you are curious about Love having No Boundaries Im Available
Hi there this journalist posted back in 2014 and they dont appear to visit this site any longer ,not since 2015 so you may not get a reply. However you are free to post your story if you would like to.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.