Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:43 PM

Default Mamaís missing her boy

Gosh the pain of missing him sure is worse on some days. My son has turned 20 now and is in prison for 14 more years. I want to stay home on lunch and not go back. Some days are worse than others I guess. Heís at Snake River Correctional in Oregon and adjusting well. Heís got everything he needs in there and we have phone calls and letters but I feel empty out here without him. I know it sounds silly, but it just doesnít seem fair. Heíll be home when heís 32. I canít look at his outdate on the website yet. Iím still trying to grasp this a year and a half later after the news and the robberies and when all this happened. If you pray, can you say a prayer for me today and my son Eli? For strength and peace? I would really appreciate it. Thank you for listening.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2018, 03:09 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,083 Posts

Thinking of you Mama....I know it must be hard I am glad though that you can see he's got everything he needs right now; this is a long journey and it helps if you find the strength to concentrate on the positive things, even if they are small. That is a very good place to start from.

Sending you strength & love, you are in my thoughts

Old 03-24-2018, 03:20 AM
AmyLynn

I don't think it ever gets any easier I just think we find easier ways to cope with having a love one on the inside. I hope PTO can offer you all the support you need and then some. I'm glad he has his mother.
choclgs (03-26-2018), Sarianna (03-25-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 01:33 PM

Default Thank you Sarianna!

Thank you so much Sarianna! Your kind words and thoughts go a long ways
at this moment! Just got off the phone with my sweet boy and he is in good spirits. Always finds a way to make me laugh too. So we will focus on the small things and get through this one step at a time. I really appreciate this website and I appreciate you!! Hope you have a blessed Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Thinking of you Mama....I know it must be hard I am glad though that you can see he's got everything he needs right now; this is a long journey and it helps if you find the strength to concentrate on the positive things, even if they are small. That is a very good place to start from.

Sending you strength & love, you are in my thoughts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nancia79 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-24-2018), Sarianna (03-25-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 01:37 PM

Default Thank you ItsMe81 !

Thank you and I completely agree. I was falling apart in every way when it all happened Iím the first place. We were looking at a much lengthier sentence for his and his codefendantsí crime spree. It has gotten easier to cope. Some days are a little more difficult than others. I have found comfort and commonality on this site. Iím grateful today for your kind words and support. Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
I don't think it ever gets any easier I just think we find easier ways to cope with having a love one on the inside. I hope PTO can offer you all the support you need and then some. I'm glad he has his mother.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nancia79 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-24-2018), Sarianna (03-25-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 01:52 PM
AmyLynn

Your very welcome. There is a forum on here called Parents with Children in prison and its really great. You should check it out if you can. Yes, focus on the small things and take it day by day. Sounds as if he loves his mama ❤
choclgs (03-26-2018), Sarianna (03-25-2018)