Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:21 AM

Default April17, 2018....Anyone else this close and going crazy?

Anyone else this close and going crazy? I go from excitement to fear and back again.... from elation to tears and back again. How do you deal? This emotional roller coaster is driving me batty! He is so close to coming home that I donít know what to do with myself. I wanna be helpful and there for him, but also realistic about the space he will need. He says all his free time will be mine but I donít wanna be blindsided by the ďspace talkĒ, so Iím trying to keep things in perspective....
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
Kwanny757 (10-27-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2017, 11:27 AM

My fiancť is a couple days after your guy comes home. Im excited and nervous all at once. I just pray things fall into place like they should
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsEAllen For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (10-23-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 11:45 AM

Thanked 3,003 Times in 1,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddersgirl View Post
Anyone else this close and going crazy? I go from excitement to fear and back again.... from elation to tears and back again. How do you deal? This emotional roller coaster is driving me batty! He is so close to coming home that I don’t know what to do with myself. I wanna be helpful and there for him, but also realistic about the space he will need. He says all his free time will be mine but I don’t wanna be blindsided by the “space talk”, so I’m trying to keep things in perspective....
How long has he been in??? I asked my husband from day one of he thought he would be suffering when he came home and if he thought he would need time to adjust. He told me exactly what I would have to do to help him not become institutionalized. I've done it plus more. And he is fine. He told me the last time we spoke that he's never been more positive ans that he will probably smother me when he comes home. I said smother away.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
How long has he been in??? I asked my husband from day one of he thought he would be suffering when he came home and if he thought he would need time to adjust. He told me exactly what I would have to do to help him not become institutionalized. I've done it plus more. And he is fine. He told me the last time we spoke that he's never been more positive ans that he will probably smother me when he comes home. I said smother away.
Heís been down 17 years and is so anxious to come home. He has a full ride to a private college and is so focused on that, which shows me he has done his time, he has not let his time do him... The 2016 annual ranking of U.S. News & World Report rates the school tied for the 19th best liberal arts college in the nation, 5th for "Best Undergraduate Teaching," and 7th in "Best Value Schools." The College has been consistently ranked in the top 25 liberal arts colleges in the nation since the publication began in 1983. I am so very proud of him a fully supportive of this next step for him. At our visit on Friday I asked him what I could do to help make his transition easier, what his biggest fears or concerns are and what it is that he is most looking forward to. His reply was heís not really worried about much except maybe reading people wrong because prison ďcodeĒ is so different(donít stare, watch your back, donít call anyone or allow anyone to call you a bi*ch, being disrespected, etc.). He said he knows he will have to check all that and keep in mind heís not inside anymore but other than that heís not worried. Heís had a job outside of prison (in the private sector) for years so he engages with people and is up on trends, electronics, etc. He said he is most looking forward to sex (LOL) and then school. I feel like Iím being bratty and selfish though because in the back of my mind I canít help but think he wonít havetime for me between school and his family. I know thatís horrible to worry about, completely selfish of me, but itís there. I would NEVER say it to him though. I donít want him to feel pressure or see me being needy. Again he assures me that his free time will be with me but we are just getting back into each otherís lives and I feel low on the priority list. Heís my best friend and more than anything I donít wanna feel like Iím losing that connection. Sorry for the long message but I needed to get it out.
patchouli (10-23-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Heís been down 17 years and is so anxious to come home. He has a full ride to a private college and is so focused on that, which shows me he has done his time, he has not let his time do him... The 2016 annual ranking of U.S. News & World Report rates the school tied for the 19th best liberal arts college in the nation, 5th for "Best Undergraduate Teaching," and 7th in "Best Value Schools." The College has been consistently ranked in the top 25 liberal arts colleges in the nation since the publication began in 1983. I am so very proud of him a fully supportive of this next step for him. At our visit on Friday I asked him what I could do to help make his transition easier, what his biggest fears or concerns are and what it is that he is most looking forward to. His reply was heís not really worried about much except maybe reading people wrong because prison ďcodeĒ is so different(donít stare, watch your back, donít call anyone or allow anyone to call you a bi*ch, being disrespected, etc.). He said he knows he will have to check all that and keep in mind heís not inside anymore but other than that heís not worried. Heís had a job outside of prison (in the private sector) for years so he engages with people and is up on trends, electronics, etc. He said he is most looking forward to sex (LOL) and then school. I feel like Iím being bratty and selfish though because in the back of my mind I canít help but think he wonít havetime for me between school and his family. I know thatís horrible to worry about, completely selfish of me, but itís there. I would NEVER say it to him though. I donít want him to feel pressure or see me being needy. Again he assures me that his free time will be with me but we are just getting back into each otherís lives and I feel low on the priority list. Heís my best friend and more than anything I donít wanna feel like Iím losing that connection. Sorry for the long message but I needed to get it out.
I'm sure everything will be fine. Just be there to support him and if you feel neglected tell him.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I'm sure everything will be fine. Just be there to support him and if you feel neglected tell him.
Thank you nygirl17!!!! Itís nice to know there are people out here willing to listen and sympathize!
nygirl17 (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 05:00 PM

I'm pretty much always on and I barely sleep at night. Message me anytime. I'll answer back as soon as possible.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
My fiancť is a couple days after your guy comes home. Im excited and nervous all at once. I just pray things fall into place like they should
Is he excited and nervous as well?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Is he excited and nervous as well?

Yes very much. Heís nervous about finding work
Old 10-23-2017, 03:07 PM

I feel your excitement! 49 Days left till my wife comes home... I can’t wait to give her all her duties back, and more haha!
The Following User Says Thank You to BriBri08 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriBri08 View Post
I feel your excitement! 49 Days left till my wife comes home... I canít wait to give her all her duties back, and more haha!
49 days????!!!! Thatís so close and so exciting!!! Congrats!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:16 PM

93 days 08 hours 45min .....After 15 yrs hes coming home
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrybelle For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (10-25-2017), Chaddersgirl (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrybelle View Post

That is very exciting!!!! Congrats!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsEAllen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I feel your excitement! 49 Days left till my wife comes home... I canít wait to give her all her duties back, and more haha!

Congrats! Very exciting!!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:16 PM

40 days ��������
Old 10-24-2017, 11:39 AM

Well disregard my previous post of 49 days left. The BOP just notified my wife like most of the others about to be released that she is no longer granted halfway house time. I can only assume by looking up online this has to do with budget cuts and reducing halfway houses. So at this point her release date is sometime in 2018 and I have to break the news to our young daughter that mommy won’t be home for Christmas. Total heartbreaker however dealing with all this since 2014 nothing shocks me anymore. I’ve become numb at this point....
Old 10-24-2017, 05:14 PM

Congrats to all whose LOs are coming home very soon! I can't wait till it's my turn..
Old 10-24-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Well disregard my previous post of 49 days left. The BOP just notified my wife like most of the others about to be released that she is no longer granted halfway house time. I can only assume by looking up online this has to do with budget cuts and reducing halfway houses. So at this point her release date is sometime in 2018 and I have to break the news to our young daughter that mommy wonít be home for Christmas. Total heartbreaker however dealing with all this since 2014 nothing shocks me anymore. Iíve become numb at this point....

That is so crazy. I am sorry that the BOP told her no halfway house time now. That is messed up. Iím waiting for them to transfer mine from one USP to another one and praying itís closer to me and his son (my stepson).
Old 10-24-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Well disregard my previous post of 49 days left. The BOP just notified my wife like most of the others about to be released that she is no longer granted halfway house time. I can only assume by looking up online this has to do with budget cuts and reducing halfway houses. So at this point her release date is sometime in 2018 and I have to break the news to our young daughter that mommy wonít be home for Christmas. Total heartbreaker however dealing with all this since 2014 nothing shocks me anymore. Iíve become numb at this point....
Oh no Iím so sorry to hear this!!!! What a crushing blow. I am so glad heís not doing fed time although I do have another family member who is and this worries me for him when his time comes.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrybelle View Post
That's AMAZING!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Anyone else this close and going crazy? I go from excitement to fear and back again.... from elation to tears and back again. How do you deal? This emotional roller coaster is driving me batty! He is so close to coming home that I donít know what to do with myself. I wanna be helpful and there for him, but also realistic about the space he will need. He says all his free time will be mine but I donít wanna be blindsided by the ďspace talkĒ, so Iím trying to keep things in perspective....
I been feeling the say way as you, she gets out April 25 and I been Happy or nervous, Scared. I been telling her I can't wait to show you around my friends, Go to the beach, Movies, out to eat, I sound more like the female in the relationship lol. But I also talked with her about when she get released, Would she like to stay with her family for a little, she been gone from them for 5 years, and I can't be selfish, just say Me, Me , Me

The Following User Says Thank You to Kwanny757 For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (12-03-2017)