Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romom View Post
Hi, I'm new here and my son is also at Crowely. I'm so happy i stumbled across this web site. I too am very concerned about my son. They were recently on lockdown and I was so worried to not hear from him. Now I haven't heard from him again in the last few days. It terrifies me to know that the are so many drugs there. Any recent info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Romom,
Welcome! I'm sorry you had to find us, but I'm glad you did. My son is at Crowley too and there are a few others here as well. Stick with us, it's good to know there are other worried mothers out there. My son has only been there for just over a month so I'm a little new to this too. We'll learn together.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somom View Post
Hi all, I got a message from my son last night at about 8pm saying they're on lock down again. He didn't say why. Last time they were on lock down they turned the tablets off, so I'm glad he got that message to me. I'll put an update here if/when I hear from him again.

It's definitely not a friendly place in there.

Last time they were on lock down I asked my son what would have made things nicer for him in his cell during lock down. He said having a coffee maker in the cell makes a HUGE difference because they can not only make coffee, but they can make rice or ramen noodles for snacks. So he got that. Also having a tv is nice because they often shut the tablets (including the music and games) off... Always having books from the library helps too.

Let's hope this lock down doesn't last as long.

Prayers for all of them, inmates and guards alike. I pray for my son's cellmate all the time, that he'll be calm and kind. So far he has been.
I just got on here to see what's going on because I haven't heard from my son today which is unusual. So apparently they are on lockdown. This site has been so helpful to me in coping and getting true information, so I appreciate all you moms! He actually doesn't mind lockdown so much because he has a tv and his cellmate can't get drugs on lockdown. Weird how things work sometimes. I hope they don't stay on too long because he has a meeting with his case manager Wednesday. Thanks for letting us know!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:01 AM

Mom6868, we don't have many support systems as mothers of convicts. I think we need to stick together as much as possible. I will make every effort to share support and information as often as I can here, and I've definitely received the same. I am eternally grateful for all of you here.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:13 AM

Much love to all the moms here for sharing what little bits of information you have to this page. I know for me any tidbit of information is comforting. My son also got a few calls out yesterday from his tablet to say they were on lockdown. We're thinking they allowed the inmates access to their tablet so they could get their canteen order in. Hopefully this lockdown ends soon.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:10 PM

Thanks to all you moms. I'm also so glad we found each other! I haven't heard anything yet, but will post as soon as I do. I'm praying for all of you and your sons. Take care of yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to mom6868 For This Useful Post:
Phoenix88 (10-31-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 12:51 PM

My son's fiancee just texted me and said it says online that visitation has been cancelled Thursday through Monday at Crowley. We're wondering if they'll be on lockdown that long. Anybody know anything at all?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:59 AM

Dang, I had been watching the DOC website & that didn't show up until the 31st. I can't imagine that it would mean anything different. :/ that's an 8 solid day lock down. Dang... 4 days was hard for my son last time...
Old 11-02-2017, 08:24 PM

Seriously they are still on lockdown ugh well God Bless our boys praying for patience and calmness. I cant imagine how it gets with them stuck in a cell knowing us girls get crazy the boys its like a lion in a cage well hoping all is wel and cant wait till this is over hang in there my friends they will get through this thank you for the update!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:54 PM

Hi to all the other uses of this forum. I just want to say that I am so happy to have found this place. The people here are truly wonderful. I recently reached out to a couple of people here (you know who you are) and the responses that I got were truly comforting. It's good to know that this is a place where I can ask questions and not be judged. There are not a lot of people in my life that really sympathize with what I'm going through. So thank you to everyone here for sharing your information . My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your loved ones doing tome.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:34 AM

I agree Im so Thankful for this thread there is not a lot of people I can go to outside of this forum and so happy to be able to tAlk to yall here! I tried calling the facility but got nowhere I hope we here from our boys soon. God Bless you all stay strong!
Old 11-04-2017, 10:08 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix88 View Post
I agree Im so Thankful for this thread there is not a lot of people I can go to outside of this forum and so happy to be able to tAlk to yall here! I tried calling the facility but got nowhere I hope we here from our boys soon. God Bless you all stay strong!
I've called there before, and they'll confirm that they're on lockdown but they don't know or won't say for how long. Hope you're all hanging in there OK. Through our prayers, I believe God's watching over our boys and comforting us through things like this forum. It's always good to have someone to talk to that knows what you're going through. And yes, you can't talk to just anyone about this. Take care everybody and keep in touch.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:52 PM

Just called and they are still on lockdown
Old 11-06-2017, 03:26 PM

That's crazy long, I worry about their state of mind being locked down that long.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:40 PM

I worry about their state of mind too. I'm getting really stressed now. He's supposed to be up for reclassification on Nov 11th. I think if they happen to still be locked down I'm going to get in touch with his Case Mgr. I'm hoping and praying he can get out of this place.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:03 PM

Good luck mom 6868, I'll say a prayer.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:28 PM

Last time the DOC website said visitation was cancelled through Monday, they got out of lock down Tuesday. That's kinda what I planned on happening this time. I kinda feel like it's a nice indicator for us out here to know when they might be let out because there isn't even visitation on Mondays, but they say lock down is through Monday... Maybe that's not accurate all the time, but it was last time. I can't think of another reason why they would say visitation is cancelled through Monday?

This is only my son's second lock down, he hasn't been there all that long. It's definitely unsettling.

There's a saying in NASCAR - 'Cautions bread cautions'... in a car race, when they have a caution, all the cars bunch up and drive slow & close together until whatever caused the caution is taken care of. This 'bunching up' causes more accidents, leading to more cautions... I just keep thinking that a lockdown this long may wind up causing more fighting (assuming that's what caused this lockdown too), and then more lockdowns... In our case 'Lockdowns bread lockdowns'... I hope this isn't the case.

Let's all hope we get calls from our boys tomorrow. Fingers crossed over here.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Last time the DOC website said visitation was cancelled through Monday, they got out of lock down Tuesday. That's kinda what I planned on happening this time. I kinda feel like it's a nice indicator for us out here to know when they might be let out because there isn't even visitation on Mondays, but they say lock down is through Monday... Maybe that's not accurate all the time, but it was last time. I can't think of another reason why they would say visitation is cancelled through Monday?

This is only my son's second lock down, he hasn't been there all that long. It's definitely unsettling.

There's a saying in NASCAR - 'Cautions bread cautions'... in a car race, when they have a caution, all the cars bunch up and drive slow & close together until whatever caused the caution is taken care of. This 'bunching up' causes more accidents, leading to more cautions... I just keep thinking that a lockdown this long may wind up causing more fighting (assuming that's what caused this lockdown too), and then more lockdowns... In our case 'Lockdowns bread lockdowns'... I hope this isn't the case.

Let's all hope we get calls from our boys tomorrow. Fingers crossed over here.
Crowley has visitation Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday of each week. What the facilities will usually do is see how it went through the week and then determine if there will be visitation the following week.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:33 PM

Oh wow I've been given some crazy misinformation (imagine that). Wish it was the first time. Their website has only Fri-Sun. Weird. Regardless, hoping for a call tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:08 AM

I heard from my son last night finally! They unlocked the tablets so he called from that, although it kept cutting out and dropping the call. He thinks they're on lockdown due to violence and drugs, and thinks they may still be through this week. I figure if that's the case, he's safer on lockdown! Hope yours are doing well. I wanted to let you know what I heard at least. God bless!
Old 11-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Yay glad you got to talk to him! Mine called too he only had a few minutes but got to let me know they gave them a little break then back to lockdown but wanted to let me know hes doing fine *phew* I can rest easy know knowing that. God Bless y’all
Old 11-08-2017, 06:27 PM

So happy for you both! I had stopped checking ConnectNetwork because it just kept saying no new messages and it was depressing so I didn't see that my son sent me a message yesterday too! He didn't call, not sure why. I sent him a message back asking about that. He may not want to call with his cell mate right there, I'm not sure.

He said he's heard a lot of rumors, that they may be on lock down until the weekend, or until next Monday, he has no idea. I'm just glad he can at least send messages.

ROMOM, any word from your son?
Old 11-11-2017, 08:02 AM

Hey all, have any of you heard rumors of DOC coming in & taking over to any extent? My son said people there are talking about that because Crowley has let things get so bad. Just wondering if there is news anywhere about that? Could totally just be a rumor so I thought I'd ask if any of you have heard anything.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Hey all, have any of you heard rumors of DOC coming in & taking over to any extent? My son said people there are talking about that because Crowley has let things get so bad. Just wondering if there is news anywhere about that? Could totally just be a rumor so I thought I'd ask if any of you have heard anything.

Those rumors have been going around for years for both Crowley and Bent. I don't see it happening, but you never know.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:17 AM

I have not heard that. I wish they would, but haven't heard that.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
So happy for you both! I had stopped checking ConnectNetwork because it just kept saying no new messages and it was depressing so I didn't see that my son sent me a message yesterday too! He didn't call, not sure why. I sent him a message back asking about that. He may not want to call with his cell mate right there, I'm not sure.

He said he's heard a lot of rumors, that they may be on lock down until the weekend, or until next Monday, he has no idea. I'm just glad he can at least send messages.

ROMOM, any word from your son?
Yes Somom I have heard from him, thank you. Sorry I didn't get notifications that there were new posts. Thannk you all for sharing.