Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Asia and Pacific Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Asia and Pacific Prison & Criminal Justice Topics Discussions and Information about Asia and Pacific-region Prisons, Jails, the Criminal Justice System, etc.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Busy Dizzy Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 21,590 Times in 5,574 Posts
Smile Welcome to the Asia-Pacific Forum

Welcome to the Asiapac forum.

Once this little (?) corner of the PTO "world" is up and running you will be able to find all of the latest information on prison issues in this region.

It is also a place to find and connect with other members who have an interest and/or loved one in the Asian/Pacific prisons.

We welcome contributions from any members on relevant issues; and if you can't find what you are looking for here, we will do our best to point you in the right direction.

I am based in Singapore and as such I am in the corresponding time zone (GMT +8). It might be that if you are posting from the US it may take a little while for me to reply. This is because when you are awake; I'm asleep! So please bear with me!

I look forward to seeing you in this forum and receiving any suggestions or feedback you may have. Please feel free to PM if I can help in any way.

Rachel x
Old 03-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Busy Dizzy Admin
Donation Award 

Exclamation Just something to think about..

Some of the people who post on this forum may be residents/guests of countries that do not have the same attitude to "free" speech that other parts of the world enjoy.

All I ask is that you post thoughtfully if the issue is sensitive. Some countries are not keen to discuss their criminal justice systems with their own citizens, let alone those from outside.

If you have questions that you don't wish to air publicly; please feel free to PM me at any time.

Thank you.
Rachel

Last edited by Rachel; 03-28-2005 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: spelling?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Frenchy Member

Congrats on the opening of this new forum, and good luck Rachel !!!

All my best wishes.

Phil
Old 03-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Donation Award 

Congratulations Rachel! And congratulations on this new forum- so exciting seeing PTO expanding like this!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:21 PM

Congratulations Rachel!!! I know that you will be a fabulous job here!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Busy Dizzy Admin
Donation Award 

Just a quick update!
I shall be trying to post as much info on Asian/Pacific prisons as I can in the coming weeks.
If you feel that there is anywhere I may have missed; please let me know.
Even if you have no link to prisons in Asia, some of these articles make for food for thought. Many thousands of people are incarcerted in conditions that truly are beyond belief.
When I have shared some of these stories with my friends in US prisons* they are horrified at the plight of these people. (*And as you know they take some shocking!!)
My aim is not to horrify or upset anyone, but just to show you how other parts of the world treat their prisoners.

I look forward to any feedback.
Rachel x

"The true measure of a society's greatness is the extent to which the society recognises and protects human dignity and human rights and ensures the well-being of all its members" Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo
Old 03-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Closed

Hello... a brief introduction...

I am a 24-year-old Canadian woman living and working in Hanoi, Vietnam. I was researching information for a story about the execution of foreign citizens, and found this site a couple of months ago. I've been addicted ever since, particularly as many close people in my life have come up against the criminal justice system, though luckily, not in Asia. *knock on wood*

ladyarkles... thanks so much for this board. Asia has a particular notoriety when it comes to lock down, and this is a vital and important source of information, especially for those of us that just can't access accurate information about the place where we're living!