Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 02-02-2018, 08:09 AM

Default Intro--shaylee60 from Oregon

Hello,

Our life was great we have a home in a small town. We have a very supportive family and with no warning my husband was accused, charged of a sex crime by a step grand daughter that never happened. The accusations were fabricated and now my daughter who is married to the father of this girl is no longer in my life. Our entire family and friends know her history. No one not even her parents believe her to be truthful. DHS and authorities I feel have given them no choice but to support her or risk losing custody of their children. The trial happened and the public defender completly dropped the ball and did not bring about witnesses that could testify. Brought no professional witnesses that could have testified nothing. He was thrown to the wolves and now faces a long prison sentence, I am crushed. My husband is not the father to my children he is their step dad. When I married my husband all of my children loved him, their dad having moved on with his new wife's family. My daughter now things this man whom she called Dad has done a 180 and no longer calls him Dad. My other daughters still love my husband, still call him dad and thinks this step grand daughter is a liar and crazy. Her own parents have not even treated her well and I feel as if she is doing this out of a desperate attempt at getting attention that her younger brother and sister gets. My loves all the grandkids and we are all crushed. He is so hurt by her accusations and can't imagine what has caused this. Worse yet we feel that there is someone elsethat may have done inapproiprate things but because he is a friend to my daughter and her husband we feel she is hiding the real perpetrator. I know that seems wild but her own Dad constantly talks about kicking her out and to save her own skin, get sympathy maybe she thinks NOW her parents will finally show her attention. She is rude and disrespectful, says whatever comes to mind and is mean to her siblings. Even relatives on the Dad's side do not believe her. She is always fabricating and embelishing her stories. It is really quite sad. My now faces sentencing for a crime he never committed. Handed down by a judge that once was a prosecuting attorney. We are doing our best to stay strong. I visit him and talk with him as much as I can he is the love of my life. Wehave had 11 very happy years together. But we have a new life now. No evidence she accused him of touching her breasts. Time line was all off. There was even one account where I was right there and she completely lied and gave a different account. All of this is a nightmare. My only relief is when I am sleeping. We are now just trying to stay positive. We are fighting this injustice. We will appeal. This is clearly to those who know this child and my husband a complete micarriage of justice. Not to mention she was 17 when she made these allegations she is now 18 and she claims they all happened 4+ years ago. She is angry teen. Does not have many if any friends her own family feels she out of her mind and now that she has done this she uses her power over her parents stating that she will call DHS or the detective shouldthey attempt to disipline her in any way. This is stuff that I have heard not directly but from other family members. I do not understand her evilness. Why she picked the only person that actually showed no favoritism loving our kids and grandkids all the same. I really don't know what to do I feel we are at the mercy of a broken system. My life stands still now and waiting for the next step. 😒
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,449 Times in 1,531 Posts

Hello and welcome to Prison Talk though I'm very sorry to hear about the circumstances that bring you here. You will find a community of knowledge, support and understanding. I hope you are able to get this trial appealed and get some reliable, credible witnesses on the stand to support your husband. (((BIG HUGS)))
xolady (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,998 Times in 11,194 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for what happened to your husband, and to you. Innocent people definitely are regularly convicted of crimes they never committed, especially "he said, she said" sex crimes with no other evidence. I hope he is finally able to get justice from our broken prosecution system.

Be sure to check the Loving a sex offender forum to meet other members who have also encountered false convictions.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101
Old 02-04-2018, 11:22 AM

So sad all around. Sorry your family is going through this. But, also feel empathy for this obviously messed up kid. Praying God shows his sufficient grace and mercy in your situation. Leave it in the hands of a just God.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:43 PM
Supportive Mom

I'm so sorry... this is a broken world and we just have to keep moving forward. As my AS (amazing son) has been saying, life isn't over... just rearranged a little bit.

I'm in Oregon also. Where is your son? PM if you'd like...
The Following User Says Thank You to MsFish For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-16-2018)