Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Ohio.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
*6.17.10*

Default LORCI and parent institute

Okay, I don't really understand the whole parent institute thing. Does only Ohio do this? He is at LORCI right now but they are telling him that they are going to send him somewhere else, to his parent institute. He could go anywhere really but the way it is looking he will probably end up at Belmount. He was telling me that he has heard stories about Belmount and that it isn't the best place to go. I'm getting super nervous because I don't want him to go somewhere like that. LORCI isn't too bad, it is only about an hour away from me so it is easy for me to go there twice a month. I guess I just don't understand why they can't just keep him where he is for the remainder of his sentence, he only got 18 months. Could someone explain the parent institute thing? And tell me if Belmount is as bad as I've heard. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 PM

Default Belmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffer19 View Post
Okay, I don't really understand the whole parent institute thing. Does only Ohio do this? He is at LORCI right now but they are telling him that they are going to send him somewhere else, to his parent institute. He could go anywhere really but the way it is looking he will probably end up at Belmount. He was telling me that he has heard stories about Belmount and that it isn't the best place to go. I'm getting super nervous because I don't want him to go somewhere like that. LORCI isn't too bad, it is only about an hour away from me so it is easy for me to go there twice a month. I guess I just don't understand why they can't just keep him where he is for the remainder of his sentence, he only got 18 months. Could someone explain the parent institute thing? And tell me if Belmount is as bad as I've heard. Thanks.
There are receiving prisons where the inmates are given examinations and it is decided where they will go. Lorain is one of those. Belmont has different "houses". Some are worse than others. House 8 seems pretty calm right now. It can change fast as inmates are moved out and new ones move in. Ohio prisons overall are just plain over crowded. They are underfunded and the whole system is just stressed. He can expect to stay at Lorain until they find room for him at another prison. I think you used to move faster through the process, my bf was at Lorain about 6 weeks earlier this summer and then moved to Belmont. He is in his third house at Belmont (various reasons for the moves)
The Following User Says Thank You to ivorylibby For This Useful Post:
niffer19 (09-09-2009)