Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Ohio.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Default Richland Info Needed

Hi, My son is being moved from Lorain to Richland next week. He said they are in dorms there. He's not looking forward to that at all. He is very private and does not want any situations that could effect him and his pending appeal or anything. Can anyone give me any information on Richland?

Has anyone successfully requested a specific parent prison? I know he can send a note to request it and I have heard other talk about this but I have not heard than anyone has been successful at requising.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 11:52 AM

good luck with requesting that, i wrote for my man to get moved to grafton havent heard anything yet, my man is in richland, just tell your son to keep to him self, and i also heard there is high stabbings in there,, not good.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM

He can file a hardship if there's something like medical reasons of an immediate family member, but I don't know anyone who has had success with that.

My husband is at Richland. There are worse places to be. Mostly level 1 and 2 offenders who have an end in sight. It deters some from making stupid choices. My husband found a few guys who also want to do their time and get out; he has not had any troubles so far-just one pair of shoes stolen because he didn't lock 'em up one night.

They had a nice dorm, family life, but the director left and the program got stopped. His half of the dorm is now turning into movement (bunk) restriction for hole over-flow.

There are gangs and drugs and booze. He's gotta pave his own path. He can make it through without joining a gang, doing drugs, or having hooch.

Have him sign up for every program-even if it doesn't sound appealing. The lists are long, so best chance to get into something is to sign up for everything. The Education dorm is nice if he's thinking of taking classes, long wait list, but better dorm. The dog program is rumored to have a decent dorm-orderly and anal, but not too crazy. The rest of the dorms are a crap-shoot.

Anyway, he'll get through. You'll get through. Soon it will be a memory.