Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Ohio.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 AM

Unhappy What do i need to do to talk to my daughter (Ohio Reformatory for Women)

MY NAME IS TAMMY WELLS , MY DAUGHTER WAS RECENTLY SENT TO THE MARYSVILLE WOMENS PRISON AND I HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO CONTACT HER OR HOW TO GET MONEY TO HER OR WHEN I'AM ABLE TO VISIT.PLEASE,ANYONE WITH ANY INFORMATION THAT CAN HELP ME WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED . I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SLEEP OR THINK STRAIGHT SINCE SHE WAS SENT THERE. I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT HER AND I DONT THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO EAT, SLEEP, OR THINK UNTIL I KNOW SHE IS OKAY. IS THERE ANYONE THERE THAT CAN HELP ME IN ANY WAY AT ALL? I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY INFORMATION. I DONT HAVE ALOT OF MONEY BUT I HAVE MANAGED TO GET SOME DONATIONS FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY FOR HER AND I AM SURE THERE ARE THINGS THAT SHE WILL NEED TO PURCHASE AND I DONT WANT HER TO THINK THAT IM NOT TRYING TO HELP HER. I KNOW THAT SHE IS VERY SCARED, SHE IS A SWEET GIRL AND WOULD DO ANYTHING TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE IF SHE COULD BUT SHE JUST GOT THERE AND HAS NOTHING. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Default try is website

Tammy,
Try this website: http://www.drc.state.oh.us/Public/orw.htm

If you click on 'Offender Information, you can read about what to send and other information. If this doesn't help, just type in 'Marysville Womens Prison' and go to the above site.

Hope this helps! I'll be praying for you and your daughter.

Nancy

Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,964 Times in 6,338 Posts

Hi with a hug!
In reading about this place, it looks like a mostly minimum security place. Your daughter will learn the rules and will have to adjust. She is probably missing you as well. I would imagine she has a counselor and you might be able to call the prison and ask to speak to the counselor. My son's counselor in both state prisons he was in, was very helpful to me.

Your daughter will be supplied her basic needs. You can find out if there are other things by asking the counselor as well. do not worry about a lot of money, she will not starve and will make it thru this time. she will probably need to buy her own soap and toiletries though. the big thing about the money is being able to afford a phone call now and then as you will want to hear her voice. I am sure she has already been told how that works. be sure to write to her as well. letters cost only 44 cents. it can be done daily and you can let her know you love her and will be there for her.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:40 PM

thank you , i will call i do have the phone number, although all i have is a prepaid cell phone and i dont have alot of time on it but im sure my friend will let me use her phone. thank you again, and god bless you and yours.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 PM

Default Daughters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Wells View Post
thank you , i will call i do have the phone number, although all i have is a prepaid cell phone and i dont have alot of time on it but im sure my friend will let me use her phone. thank you again, and god bless you and yours.
Hi Tammy, My 22yr old daughter is in FCI Dublin for nearly 5 months now and I was panicked just like you are at first. They will survive...If it helps, she told me that she is ashamed at how easily she has adapted, and this is her first anything dealing with the Justice(what a joke) system. Right away people start helping the "Newby" because they still remember how it felt. There really are nice people all over the prison system. Hang in there, and let us know how it is going.
Bernie

beccasmom

My love as her mother, is instinctual,
unconditional, and forever.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,417 Times in 588 Posts

RE: Moved thread from "Parents With Children In Prison" Forum.
I moved your thread to the Ohio Prison Forum where you will get more answers to your questions.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:56 AM

Hang in there Tammy, It is really hard when you don't know how your child is doing and what's going on with them. Hope this little bit of info helps. All female inmates go to Maryville for classification and then will either stay in Marysville or be sent to another facility. They be checked out medically, socially, educationally etc. It takes about a month for this to happen. You can look up her inmate number on the DRC website and send her a letter, money order and 3 prestamped envelopes from the post office. She can call and set up an account for calls. All the instructions are provided for them. Once they get settled it will be easier for her and you too. Just remind her not to get involved in all the drama. She'll get into a routine, a job, school, programs etc. Try to stay positive and remember she's there because of her own actions.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Loving Mother

Smile ORW - Ohio Reformatory for Women, Marysville, OH

Hi TAMMY WELLS ~ My name is Awesumdove. My daughter just got out of ORW, Marysville, OH and then FPRC, Columbus in April of this year.

If you click on my name (awesumdove) it will take you to my profile and then click on "statistics" and you will see all of my threads where I give some info on what it's like inside, correspondence, money, visitation, phones, healthcare, etc. Hope this helps somewhat & that it's still accurate...

She hasn't been in Marysville since late November, 2008, and was just released on JR 4/8/2009 from FPRC (Franklin Pre-Release Center) in Columbus, so be sure and check to see if the visitation is still the same at ORW, etc. Good luck, and believe me things will get a little easier as time passes by. (((Hugs)))

PS: You've come to a good support group. There is none better!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:53 AM

Default Hello

I spent time at Marysville and later the Frankline Pre-Release Center. I was young and had never been in trouble before. As punishment/ disapproval of my drug problem that led me there, my family had zero contact with me. My entire stay I had no letters, phone calls, visits, or money. I survived it but it was very difficult due to lack of support. Your daughter will be okay as long as she gets a letter from you sometime soon. A phone call- even better. If you have $10 so she can get the basics she'll think she's being spoiled. Even if you aren't able to do much, as long as she knows you are out there and thinking of her it will mean the world to her.

Her first few weeks will be spent in Hale House, the large dorm where all new inmates are kept. Then she'll be moved to a smaller unit.

She can go outside during most of the day. There is a library. Like I said, she's probably terrifed, but so are most of the other new inmates. She'll get a state-provided envelope once a week so she'll be writing you ASAP, I'm sure. Just let her know you love her.