Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Ohio.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 PM

Default Mansfield cutting costs???

Has anyone heard that Mansfield will be limiting inmates to one hot meal a day? Or that they now have to buy their toilet paper as well as all hygiene products and laundry soap?? Is it true that they are going to start keeping the cells locked most of the time which will severly limit air flow to the cells? If it is true and they only get one hot meal a day, what about the other two meals? I don't know if this is just rumors or if it is true.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2007 View Post
has anyone heard that mansfield will be limiting inmates to one hot meal a day? Or that they now have to buy their toilet paper as well as all hygiene products and laundry soap?? Is it true that they are going to start keeping the cells locked most of the time which will severly limit air flow to the cells? If it is true and they only get one hot meal a day, what about the other two meals? I don't know if this is just rumors or if it is true.
my husband is at mansfield ...i just left there and he did not mention that...i will ask and let u know when he calls
dave2007 (05-22-2009)
Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 AM

Article on prison meals-http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090605/...prisoner_meals
this was on world news forum I believe. It answers part of my original question. I don't understand why Mansfield inmates aren't telling their family and friends about some of the new things the warden is trying, or thinking of trying. And Collins seems to be behind the meal thing. It wouldn't be so bad, but they feed them off "kiddie trays" instead of adult size trays.
The Following User Says Thank You to dave2007 For This Useful Post:
worriedmama (06-10-2009)
Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 AM

I have a loved one @ Manci. and I THINK that would be horrible to just feed them one hot meal per day..Really! i know how i would feel to not get hot food. i think theyve banned the cigarettes already Right?? i havnt gotten the chance 2 ask my boo but im sure he'll mention it soon other problems we've been going thru lately.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Always put GOD first!

One hot meal a day is crazy..What is Ohio planning on doing starving them to death..
Old 06-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Well, I wouldn't want to see them cut down to two meals a day; however, considering the state of the economy and so much job loss, I don't think one hot meal a day is that bad. After all, I myself have cold cereal for breakfast, a sandwich/fruit for lunch, and usually a hot meal for dinner. I don't spend money I don't have on fancy breakfasts and lunches while at work. So...what's the difference? I'm sure they'll still be offered the chance to buy the specials, like KFC, pizza, etc. once in a while. And if they can't afford it, well, I usually can't either - it's a treat for me as well!
V
Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 AM

The inmates with no outside financial help earn 14. to 17. a month. They have to buy hygiene products and now they want them to buy their toilet paper. Commissary prices have gone up twice in past year, but inmates pay stays the same. How many specials will they be able to buy? Two meals might do it if the portions were for men instead of children. They don't let them go to rec half the time anymore, or they cut it short. At this rate, they will be having family and/or friends paying to have them in prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to dave2007 For This Useful Post:
krayzie'swifey (06-12-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 08:41 AM

The best diet was Judy Hills diet at Ross, I lost 30 lbs and kept it off. she puts jenny craig to shame...LOL
She saved $200,000 one year, and then they spent the food money at the farms. Several farm guys came telling me the same thing. I cited it in one of my greivances to chief inspector.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:24 PM

I called central office regarding a memo posted at London regarding inmates being charged for toilet paper. I have yet to see the actual memo.

Central office called me back stating that the memo stipulates that the state will still provide toilet paper, however, if inmates want softer toilet paper, they can purchase it through the commissary.

I'd like to see a copy of this memo and their commissary list with outragious prices for toilet paper. I was expecting 25 cents per roll, next will be paper towels.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 AM

At Mansfield the commissary toilet paper they pay for is much worse than what the prison provided, and he says he has to buy it to have the #%$ stuff. So he doesn't know anything about Mansfield continuing to provide it.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Donation Award 

mansfield... has reduced breakfast and lunch to brunch... so they can cut on that... and toliet paper and writing utensils including paper has gone up in price... tooo riduculous!