Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:08 PM

Default Has anyone ordered a tablet?

I'm trying to order a tablet for my husband and these sites are confusing me. Has anyone ordered them? Also, is there a way to purchase extra Ebooks, apps, games,music?

Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2017, 08:19 PM

I'm not sure how the tablet works I'm only purchasing my husband one special order and that is a tv... but I will say that we have been using access securepak! It has been a wonderful website for his packages and for the special order. His package got to him in less than 2 weeks! He says that most men where he is say that's the best site for orders cuz some have said they tried other websites and that it's been 3 months and they still haven't received anything. So accesssecurepak as been our go to! I hope it helps a bit
Old 05-22-2017, 10:00 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,281 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916 View Post
I'm trying to order a tablet for my husband and these sites are confusing me. Has anyone ordered them? Also, is there a way to purchase extra Ebooks, apps, games,music?

Thank you so much!

I've never ordered one, but I will be ordering it from Union Supply.

You can do a Special Purchase package order. All apps, games, ebooks and music is ordered through them as well.

The tablet can only be ordered through Union Supply an approved vendor. The item is a U-TAB 7

https://www.californiainmatepackage.com/home.aspx

Hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
I've never ordered one, but I will be ordering it from Union Supply.

You can do a Special Purchase package order. All apps, games, ebooks and music is ordered through them as well.

The tablet can only be ordered through Union Supply an approved vendor. The item is a U-TAB 7

https://www.californiainmatepackage.com/home.aspx

Hope this helps.
You can also order one from Walkenhorst. They have a really good one. - esp now with the upgraded model.

I would warn you that those of us that already have a tablet- Union supply is HORRIBLE to deal with. Nothing but problems.

if I had it to do all over again- I would order the Walkenhorst tablet in a minute! their customer service is unbelievable when compared to Union Supply.

Just MHO
Old 05-23-2017, 08:47 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,281 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
You can also order one from Walkenhorst. They have a really good one. - esp now with the upgraded model.

I would warn you that those of us that already have a tablet- Union supply is HORRIBLE to deal with. Nothing but problems.

if I had it to do all over again- I would order the Walkenhorst tablet in a minute! their customer service is unbelievable when compared to Union Supply.

Just MHO

Thank you for your input, I will definitely look into Walkenhorst's Android Tablet more closely.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:42 AM

Default Walkenhorst and the Illusive Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post

Just MHO
This is in reply to a pretty old post, so probably nobody's going to see it, but here goes anyway...

I always prefer to order from Walkenhorst; I won't go into the reasons right now, but they are many and significant.

I have been trying to find a facility that allows inmates to order the tablet from Walkenhorst, but I can't find any. It doesn't come up on their ordering website. I'd like to know to what prison anybody was able to get the tablet sent.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:57 PM

The problem with walkenhaurst tablets is you are stuck with x amount of games (which can get old when you have y amount of time). Union supply allows you to order new games without replacing the entire tablet. Supposedly movies soon.. supposedly. You can order books and songs whenever for the utab but again walkenhaurst isn't update user friendly.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:37 AM

I ordered a tablet, a JP5 7 inch, through JPay a year ago. We've had problems from the beginning. At first it wasn't configured properly. They had set it up as a JP4 (an earlier tablet with less functions). Eventually they said they corrected that through a software update via the kiosk. It still didn't do all the things it was supposed to do. A few months ago the tablet died completely. My fiance sent trouble tickets and I sent emails to JPay. They did nothing, only sent back vague messages saying that issues are dealt with in the order they are received and implied that they might fix it or replace it. They never gave a timeline as to when they would resolve the problem. They don't like dealing with family members, even if you're the person that purchased their product. Only when I contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a formal complaint, did they take it seriously and offer to replace the tablet. It is supposedly on its way. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will work properly from the start and that all his content will transfer over to the new tablet.

If you buy one from JPay, you should know that the warranty is only 90 days from the date of purchase.