Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 05-26-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Southeast Correctional Center

my step-son got transfered to SECC from Mineral Point. he has been there for about 2 months. he just got out of the hole. is there a PC unit there or is everyone out and about. Thanks, Bob
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Bob, welcome to PTO. SECC does not have a PC unit. If your step-son elects PC status, he will be housed in the hole until there is an opening in a PC unit in another prison. They are mostly general population there, except the seg units.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 PM

My man was in "PC" at SCCC. I know you're talking about SECC, but I think they're the same when it comes to pc, so I thought I'd share what I know. They don't have pc and the best they can do is put your step-son in a cell by himself. I was told that if, after 90 days, he still requires pc, he'll be transferred. But when they're in pc, they're really in the hole. One phone call a month, no rec...
Good luck to your step-son. I've gotten to know the system really well in the past 2 years and it sucks.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Donation Award 

Some prisons have seperate wings for PC. In these they have all the privledges of GP, but are kept seperate from them. I know that Bonne Terre has PC (this is where they house the guys that are coming up on a date for execution). I think they have one at PCC, but I believe these are the only ones. I believe there are PC units in the lower level institutions.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM

thanks to all.
Bob
Old 06-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Donation Award 

Bob,
Keep us posted so that we can help you with any other questions you have. It's a hard road to have a child in prison (step or bio) and we are here to help. Have you looked at the forum for parents with children in prison? There are some really wonderful people there.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Some prisons have seperate wings for PC. In these they have all the privledges of GP, but are kept seperate from them. I know that Bonne Terre has PC (this is where they house the guys that are coming up on a date for execution). I think they have one at PCC, but I believe these are the only ones. I believe there are PC units in the lower level institutions.
My husband is in the PC Unit at Bonne Terre and contrary to popular belief, they DO NOT have the same privledges as GP. They are suppose to be they claim they "do not have enough staff". For example, PC is locked down 19 hours out of 24. I think in GP they are out for a longer period of time. They can not participate in any banquets nor do they have banquets (religious or otherwise) for the PC people. They also are not allowed to have jobs outside the PC Unit not can they participate in any programs that meet outside the unit.

I see both sides to this but the thing is, they aren't in PC for the punishment. But seems to be the way it's used sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbwlisahar For This Useful Post:
StormChild (11-24-2008)
Old 06-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Donation Award 

I agree, it seems that PC is another form of punishment. It sucks. And the stigma attached to it is even worse.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
REAL MEN DON'T HURT WOMEN

Sorry,again no true P C unit at SECC. most of what I read about pc here is true. Its just time in the SEG unit till they decide that they can cope with the pressure,or till they transfer somewhere else.The statment short on staff, I guess fits at all MO. camps. They get hired,and it takes some time to get hired, they get to the hill and are overwhelmed, in tur n weve got a lot of tur nover. I see P C as a couple of things, for someone who is soon to get released,and wants to stay out of all of the normal crap that goes on outside the seg unit. And then there are the ones who make stupid bets on silly games and lose more than just tabacco or canteen etc. Then are the ones who commited the unspeakable crimes against youngsters male/female. Those are the ones that really need some help to stay under the radar. I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving,Christmas,and NEW YEAR. May your loved ones enjoy the festive meal that they get on those days,its not like mom would make,but they arent with mom to share it with. HOLD DOWN THE FORT,KEEP THE HOME FIRES BURNING, SHARE ALL OF YOUR GOOD WITH OTHERS.
The Following User Says Thank You to tarzan04 For This Useful Post:
Hardt (03-21-2009)
Old 11-24-2008, 02:11 PM

My brother is in SECC...he was transferred there when the old walls shut down. We've never had the PC discussion in relation to that particular prison but I can tell you that it seems to be a pretty laid back camp as far as camps go. My brother has experienced very few problems there and hasn't had a write up in five years. They have an honor dorm area there that he lives in and the big attraction to that is that they have microwave oven access and an ability to launder their own clothing which means a lot to my brother. To me personally some of the guards seem a little over zealous but it's a relatively new prison and most of the guards there are in the early part of their careers. There is a new Warden there that was posted recently so there's a little bit of a clamp down going on across the board. For instance they recently came to count his clothing articles and took away some for being over the limit but it was no big deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grettashouse For This Useful Post:
Hardt (03-21-2009)
Old 12-17-2008, 01:33 AM
REAL MEN DON'T HURT WOMEN

If you were to think clearly about what p.c is for, you might not really want your loved ones at those banquet functions. If the true gp can go to them, then your loved one would no longer be in a protective custody environment. If they had extra CO'S around them then they would become more of a target. Im sure that there are good reasons for your family and friends to be in p.c. but remember most of them that I encounter put themselves in the p.c. or in the case of SECC, seg. unit.PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES AS WIDE AS YOU OPEN YOUR HEART!