Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:01 PM

Default He has visiting restrictions, can we gain exception for his kids?

Hi, I am not sure what category this topic needs to go under but I am seeking some help. I have a loved one in the system right now. He is not allowed to have his minor children to come visit him in prison because of his charges. Is there any way I can petition or his family can petition him to be able to see his children while he is in prison? Does someone know what I or his family can do or point me in the right direction? I don't know if it matters but we are located in Michigan. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,233 Times in 7,893 Posts

If his visiting restrictions are because of his charges, it's unlikely to be changed. Are you sure it's all visiting or just contact? In California, inmates with minor restrictions are permitted to visit with minor family members via non-contact arrangements (behind the glass).
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 08:31 PM

Someone changed the title of my post but to clarify, he does not have restrictions on minor children visiting. This has nothing to do with a sex offender/predator case of anything of that sort. He is just restricted on seeing his children by his charges. His family and his children's mother want him to see his children and have nothing against him seeing his own children.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,233 Times in 7,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenaalexaline View Post
Someone changed the title of my post but to clarify, he does not have restrictions on minor children visiting. This has nothing to do with a sex offender/predator case of anything of that sort. He is just restricted on seeing his children by his charges. His family and his children's mother want him to see his children and have nothing against him seeing his own children.
Minor restrictions aren't limited to sex offenses or predatory charges. Domestic violence or a crime involving child endangerment can limit visitation with minors, as well.

Is he allowed visits with other minors? Are his charges such that a non-contact order is in place?
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,835 Times in 11,078 Posts

Was it some form of child endangerment charge, or something else that prison officials might interpret as detrimental to his children?

If so, it might be good to get a therapist involved, someone who can officially evaluate the ill effects of not seeing Daddy, or who might, on the other hand, give you solid reasons that it's not a good idea.
Fridyrr.Likn (05-10-2018), miamac (05-09-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Was it some form of child endangerment charge, or something else that prison officials might interpret as detrimental to his children?

If so, it might be good to get a therapist involved, someone who can officially evaluate the ill effects of not seeing Daddy, or who might, on the other hand, give you solid reasons that it's not a good idea.
It was a DUI and his kids were in the car. Very stupid decision on his part but not allowing to see his kids at all? He asked them about it today and they said he is an endangerment to his children but what can he possibly do to endanger them in the visiting room? He said there's a person in Lansing he can write a letter to but his counselor will not give him that information. His mother already wrote a letter to the warden but we have no hear anything for months. We are guessing g that they probably just threw the paper away without considering it.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:03 PM

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,743 Posts

If it was a condition of his sentence then there's likely nothing the warden could do. The prison would just be following court orders. I'm not sure how he'd go about getting that reversed.
Ms Sunny (06-07-2018)