Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 04:22 AM
notsohappywife notsohappywife is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: colorado
Posts: 5
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question How can an inmate apply for a transfer?

Hi does anyone here know how can an inmate apply for a transfer? How long does it takes, I am from Oregon and I want my husband to be closer to me so I can visit him, now he is 2.5 days drive from me.

Thank You

Last edited by notsohappywife; 10-09-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 38,376
Thanks: 38,620
Thanked 31,409 Times in 14,507 Posts

I've moved your post to the Federal forum and have given you your own thread so you may receive answers to your questions

Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 26,447
Thanks: 39,384
Thanked 19,316 Times in 11,358 Posts

The usual policy in the bop is that he can request a transfer from his unit team after 18 months of clear conduct there. One other (slim) possibility to move sooner would be for him to be accepted into a "residential" program that is available in a prison closer to you, but not where he is now. Very few of those options are available in the bop, so the opportunities to use that are difficult to find. RDAP (drugs) and LCP (Life Connections Program) are two.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics