Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Mother of two in prison

My son called me again last night. Still no shake down/lock down. He just called to ask me to put some money on his commissary account, which I did. We had a good talk. He's doing pretty well, thank God!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Miss StapeStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestwitness View Post
My son called me again last night. Still no shake down/lock down. He just called to ask me to put some money on his commissary account, which I did. We had a good talk. He's doing pretty well, thank God!
Good to hear. I've also not heard anything if that rumor talked to my husband yesterday. Hope you're doing well. What part of Denv
er do you plan on moving to?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Mother of two in prison

Stapestoneswife, that is my biggest challenge right now. I've never lived in the Denver area, so I don't know where to focus my search. I want a place that will make me a good support person for my son, once he gets out. He'll be a RSO for a long time, but at least he won't have to look for work, as he has had his own business for almost 20 years. Of course, he'll have nothing at first, so it will be a challenge to start the business back up.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
nineironninja

Quote:
Stapestoneswife, that is my biggest challenge right now. I've never lived in the Denver area, so I don't know where to focus my search. I want a place that will make me a good support person for my son, once he gets out. He'll be a RSO for a long time, but at least he won't have to look for work, as he has had his own business for almost 20 years. Of course, he'll have nothing at first, so it will be a challenge to start the business back up.
The downside is they will require him to get a job. Upside is as an RSO, if they can't find/keep employment they don't usually get dinged on their earned time on parole. It really just depends on what kind of PO he has.

why go back to prison when i have this to enjoy out here? Low & Slow
Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 AM
Mother of two in prison

Hmmm...what if *I* own the business and hire him as a worker? Would that work?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Mother of two in prison

There's a new twist for my son. He says the DOC has already deemed him compliant and eligible for a halfway house. Yay!

However, they gave him a document that explains his possible parole situation and it's very confusing. Even his lawyer is baffled by it. The length of the parole is mentioned in three different places in the document, but it's different in all three places. One is a flat three years, one is ten years to life, and one is lifetime parole.

He's concerned that ten years to life and lifetime parole could mean life in prison, if he's violated by his PO.

Is that a significant possibility?

Last edited by Honestwitness; 03-01-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
te amo

Quote:
There's a new twist for my son. He says the DOC has already deemed him compliant and eligible for a halfway house. Yay!

However, they gave him a document that explains his possible parole situation and it's very confusing. Even his lawyer is baffled by it. The length of the parole is mentioned in three different places in the document, but it's different in all three places. One is a flat three years, one is ten years to life, and one is lifetime parole.

He's concerned that ten years to life and lifetime parole could mean life in prison, if he's violated by his PO.

Wow im sorry i wish i had the answer but im just moved with ur situation and all i wanted to say was im sorry n may god give u strength to keep moving forward
Old 03-03-2013, 01:59 AM

My man just went to Bent awhile ago & I'm suppose to go visit this weekend, my application has been approved. I've been trying to find info on what visitation is Like there and about the cards for vending machines. That's all my man keeps telling me to not forget. I've only ever visited him at Larimer County, so I have no idea what to expect. Any help or insight would be awesome. For some reason, I'm really nervous about the whole thing but being pregnant right now, adds to it.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
nineironninja

Quote:

If he's a sex offender, then yes his entire sentence is indeterminate. The flat 3 years pertains to a conviction not related as a sex offense. Lawyers are always baffled by the parole statutes, that's why they're pretty much useless. The Judge should have told him everything at sentencing it's required.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
nineironninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsOfLoveLOL View Post
My man just went to Bent awhile ago & I'm suppose to go visit this weekend, my application has been approved. I've been trying to find info on what visitation is Like there and about the cards for vending machines. That's all my man keeps telling me to not forget. I've only ever visited him at Larimer County, so I have no idea what to expect. Any help or insight would be awesome. For some reason, I'm really nervous about the whole thing but being pregnant right now, adds to it.
You need to call the facility and just ask.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
nineironninja

Quote:
Hmmm...what if *I* own the business and hire him as a worker? Would that work?
They would probably say no and you'd be in trouble for trying to pull the wool over their eyes. If he owned the business prior, then they have record of it most likely in his PSI.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:53 PM
te amo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsOfLoveLOL View Post
Hello and welcome to pto. I can understand how u may feel its like a first date n u dnt wana mess nothing up and the simplest question may be a grate deal n u want it to go smoothly. I felt the same way and b.c.c.f. are getting kinda strict in being able to call and ask questions well u came to the write place PTO is here for all types of questions. So here gose...... u can only take $20 in quarters loose in a clear Ziploc bag and its $20 per person who gose to visit him so if u and someone else gose then its $20 each a total of $40. They have a tables and no benches so they are chairs lol .....and there is bathroom brakes every 2 hours unless u have a baby or prego or an elderly person officer gayegos or officer mata are realy nice and understand,but dont ever get them mad. Wene u get there its a quick kiss (5sec) and a hugs plz plz plz dont open mouth kiss because the punishment is unreal. There is lots more....ooooo and yes u can visit all three days there is a motel near the facility its realy clean nice and cozy i had the number but since my husband is coming home in less than 60 days i erased it but u can goggle it. Im gona pm u and give u my number if u have anymore questions like dress code n stuff like that. Hope this may help u and many others .....god bless u all
The Following User Says Thank You to luvmygreeneyes For This Useful Post:
LotsOfLoveLOL (03-06-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 AM
te amo

Quote:
From my husbands experience in n out of codoc for 10 years ....he has had no problem in working for his parents every time he comes out on parole or granted HWH. MY INLAWS own a mexican restaurant for 15 years and my husband thanks to the family business has been able to put that on his parole plan or his form of work for the HWH iys just something you may consider because with out a plan its kinda hard to make the bord release him especially if hes in B.C.C.F. hope this helps
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
te amo

Default learned something new

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineironninja View Post
If he's a sex offender, then yes his entire sentence is indeterminate. The flat 3 years pertains to a conviction not related as a sex offense. Lawyers are always baffled by the parole statutes, that's why they're pretty much useless. The Judge should have told him everything at sentencing it's required.
Wow this is something i did not know! In a way im glad cuz a chomo charge is not something i ever wana need to deal with my LO or any LO ...thanks nineironninja
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Mother of two in prison

Luvmygreeneyes, not every sex offender is a chomo. My son's offense involved an adult female, not a child. Indeterminate sentencing is NOT good. It's unconstitutional.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Honestwitness For This Useful Post:
alohagirl123 (03-08-2013), LotsOfLoveLOL (03-07-2013), nineironninja (03-08-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
You need to call the facility and just ask.
I have called they weren't that helpful & couldn't tell me much. They told me to call back the next day & talk to someone else, three days in a row. But, I think I have a basic understanding to attempt my 5 plus hour drive in the morning to call halfway & make sure they are having visits. As of an hour ago, they weren't sure. But, my fiancé has been able to finally call out today. If my phone service won't drop my calls it would be great.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:02 PM
te amo

Quote:
Luvmygreeneyes, not every sex offender is a chomo. My son's offense involved an adult female, not a child. Indeterminate sentencing is NOT good. It's unconstitutional.
Sorry but im not gona change what i feel for any type of sex offenders thats my personal opinion n my feelings no man/woman need to take something from anybody .i may not know his case but its a sex charge n thats just not ok in my books ....chomo is a chomo to me big or small like i said this is just me!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 PM
nineironninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygreeneyes View Post
Sorry but im not gona change what i feel for any type of sex offenders thats my personal opinion n my feelings no man/woman need to take something from anybody .i may not know his case but its a sex charge n thats just not ok in my books ....chomo is a chomo to me big or small like i said this is just me!!!
You seriously have no right to judge other people or their situations. Sheesh. Seriously?

Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 PM
te amo

Default close to home

Quote:
You seriously have no right to judge other people or their situations. Sheesh. Seriously?
I realy dont care what any one thinks i should or should nt feel a chomo or sex offender what ever they are is something or someone i have no compassion for it hits close to home and things could be prevented. Ppl like that just have problems and create problems and trama for ther victims sooooo sheesh ya what ever .......you will never know what i have been through unless you have walked in my shoes.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM
nineironninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygreeneyes View Post
I realy dont care what any one thinks i should or should nt feel a chomo or sex offender what ever they are is something or someone i have no compassion for it hits close to home and things could be prevented. Ppl like that just have problems and create problems and trama for ther victims sooooo sheesh ya what ever .......you will never know what i have been through unless you have walked in my shoes.
Your violating the PTO rules. We are not here to judge people, we're here to help them.

PTO wasn't set up to only help certain offenders and their families, it was started to help ALL of them. Please keep your opinions to yourself, they're not welcome here.

My wife had a really good friend on here who's husband was wrongfully convicted of a sex offense with a child. A false accusation made by his EX- WIFE. The first two trials were mistrials and then after they were BANKRUPTED by the system they went to trial a third time with a public defender. This time he was convicted. Then came the appeals process, which he eventually won and his conviction was overturned and he was released after spending 3 years in prison. The DA declined to go for a fourth trial, it seemed that one of the witnesses against him had committed suicide (the ex-wife's husband) and now the ex-wife is more interested in getting child support. Go figure.

There are many, many people who are guilty of the crime they committed and there are just as many people who become victims of spiteful and hateful people. Some of those people are women that don't have enough sense to leave a bad relationship.

Unless you yourself know the history of each individual case you should just be quiet.

The Following User Says Thank You to nineironninja For This Useful Post:
alohagirl123 (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:39 AM
te amo

Im not changing nor am i sorry for how i feel and there is no way im braking no rules on anything i am not talking down nor am i insulting no ones by pointing out what a exact person has done. My feelings tuards any sex offenders is my personal feelings if u or anyone else dont like what i feel for they are my personal feelings then dont judge mei am and have been a victom of this type of things n i can not nor will i ever feel compation tuards ppl like that. .anybody is entitled to there opinion but wene someone has had a past u or no one in this wourld can tell me what im expected to do feel say or live. Yes everyone case may be diff but if what i said insulted anyone then the shoe fit. If in any case it did not then we can talk about it and find ways to help like i did in a case here in pto do dont tell me im braking rules. Its called freedom of speech dont like it to bad. As u can all read in all my post im not here to judge and have always helped but as i am human and have my past and feel ....this is my only strong n most difficult subjec. So dont ever ever tell anyone who is in any case a victom of any type of crime that they are wrong gor feeling how they do. You never know how there lives have been or what they may be capable of doing. Not all cases have the victims have had counseling. For me it has taken me years so thank god i can speak out and stand for what i feel if its wrong, write .......im happy i dont let no one tell me what im expected to feel and no im not sorry and no i dont care what anyone thinks im a alive i did not die im breathing .....thank you god.

Last edited by luvmygreeneyes; 03-09-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 AM
te amo

Quote:
Your violating the PTO rules. We are not here to judge people, we're here to help them.

PTO wasn't set up to only help certain offenders and their families, it was started to help ALL of them. Please keep your opinions to yourself, they're not welcome here.

My wife had a really good friend on here who's husband was wrongfully convicted of a sex offense with a child. A false accusation made by his EX- WIFE. The first two trials were mistrials and then after they were BANKRUPTED by the system they went to trial a third time with a public defender. This time he was convicted. Then came the appeals process, which he eventually won and his conviction was overturned and he was released after spending 3 years in prison. The DA declined to go for a fourth trial, it seemed that one of the witnesses against him had committed suicide (the ex-wife's husband) and now the ex-wife is more interested in getting child support. Go figure.

There are many, many people who are guilty of the crime they committed and there are just as many people who become victims of spiteful and hateful people. Some of those people are women that don't have enough sense to leave a bad relationship.

Unless you yourself know the history of each individual case you should just be quiet.
so eho is judging who u are judging something that happend to ur wife's friend and making it seam that all women are like that as for what u said that i dont know all cases no i dont nore do i ask i dont need to shutup this is a free website and u are the one judging me. Do u know anything about me have i not helped ppl in these cases look at my postings so tje one who needs a reality check is not me. I dont care what u want me to feel or if im wrong eho are u to judge my feelings. Like i said not all cases are this way i know that men and women put falls accusation at times because of anger but that is not my problem. U will never understand how a person feels unless u have someone in ur family (god forbid) that has gone through this trauma. LIKE I SAID IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I FEEL DONT READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.UR BRAKING A RULE FOR TELLING SOMEONE THAT THEY ARE WRONG AND FROM MOST OF UR POST LOOKS LIKE U HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME BAD DAYS BECAUSE U HAVE BEEN VERY BLUNT TUARDS MANY SO CALLED HELPFUL COMMENTS. Take a chill pill relax if u dont like what anybody writes then move on but u aint god and and u are judging me. What i have said is for me no matter what they have been convicted of child or grown person i personaly dont have compation for them.AND I HAVE NEVER INSULTED YOU OR ANYBODY SO ID APPRECIATE YOU ACT YOUR AGE AND GOD BLESS YOU AND GIVE U UNDERSTANDING

Last edited by luvmygreeneyes; 03-09-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM
nineironninja

Good lawd! Could you please go back to school and learn how to write and spell? OMG!

Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
nineironninja

Apparently you didn't bother reading the PTO policies when you signed up. Here's the link for you. You can be banned for your posts if enough people flag them.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23755

Old 03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
nineironninja

Honest Witness should be able to come here and post and feel comfortable doing so. I'm sure she has enough to deal with on the outside without some of the things you're saying. If you've had that kind of experience, then I suggest you get some counseling...and soon. You have some major issues going on. As for experience, my step-daughter was molested numerous times on the school bus over an extended period of time when she was in kindergarten. We just feel the need to "label" everyone out there because of what happened to her.

Last edited by nineironninja; 03-09-2013 at 04:58 PM..