Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:14 AM

Default Anybody know anything about Rifle?

My husband was transferred to Delta and was told he will be moving to Rifle. Does anyone have any experience with Rifle? I read an older thread where we can actually bring stuff to BBQ? Thats crazy! My husband LOVES to bbq so it would be awesome if that were the case. I'm so glad he ended up there, from what I have been able to find its a pretty nice place.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 PM

Default RCC-Rifle Correctional Center

I wanted to post this in case there is anyone searching for information on RCC, as I was a couple weeks ago. There probably won't be many since there are only about 150 inmates there. I guess if you went to prison this is the place you would want to be!

-Life there is pretty laid back. There is no fence aroud the facility. There is no controlled movement, they can move around as they please. My husband spends a good portion of his day(when he's not working in the kitchen) walking the track. He sees a lot of wild turkeys and deer. He hasn't been down to the rec room yet, but he thinks they have pool tables and ping pong tables. There is also a gym, but its always full. The rooms are more like a college dorm, no bunks. They get a key to their room and can buy a padlock to lock their things in a cabinet. He heard that they take them on nature hikes once in a while too.

-Wednesday-Saturday they can use tokens purchased with their canteen money to buy extras. They can buy hangers for their room, ice cream, burritos, totinos pizza, etc.

-Visiting is really cool. 9-3:30 saturday and sunday. We can bring food in(everything has to be store bought with a receipt, or from a restaurant with a receipt). They have BBQ grills outside with picnic tables, you just bring your own matchlite charcol. Inside they have toys and a tv for the kiddos. My husband is able to hold and feed our baby, and get down and play with our toddler. There are soda machines and a vending machine, although the vending machine wasn't very full. I guess it doesn't matter if you bring your own food. You can not bring drinks, but you can bring cups and make instant coffee or hot chocolate, etc. Once you open something you can not bring it back the next day, so only get the small bags of chips, or small bottles of ketchup, etc. The only thing she let us bring back the next day that were opened were plates and plasticware.

We keep saying its really not that bad other than you can't see your family every day! Feel free to ask any questions, if I don't know the answer I will try to find out for you.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:21 PM
te amo

Wink

Wow that is a nice place to be at sounds better than bent county correctional facility were my man is at, well i thought wer he was at was nice, but rifel sounds lots better. My mom lives in craig n wed pass through ther we wed go to gunction i would never have thought theyed have a prison ther. Well i wish u n ur fam the very best n may god keep u strong
Old 05-19-2013, 02:38 PM

WOW! This is GREAT information! Thank you so much. My husband is eligible to transfer to a minimum security facility now and Rifle is the closest to where I currently live. It has been a hardship for me to drive 3 hours to see him each week. But he likes working on the dairy at FMCC so he told them not to transfer him yet. NOW, however with this information you posted, we are seriously considering this transfer! Thank you again!