Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:32 AM

Default Arapahoe County Good Time

Hi, does anybody know how much good time you get at the Arapahoe County Jail? I've heard bad things about the place and was wondering how much good time you get. Can you get a job if you're in there?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

You would have to call the jail and ask them. If it's a county jail sentence and not a state prison sentence, each county does their own thing.

As far as jobs, that would depend on their security level and whether or not there are any jobs available.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:37 PM

Jobs are usually reserved for people actually convicted and doing county time. Seldom do you get a job if you are waiting for trial.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 PM

CO laws gives sentenced county inmates 2 days for every month served, if your a trustee you can get more depending on the job and county policy. In jeffco outside trustees get 50% off of their sentences but you work your butt off.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
CO laws gives sentenced county inmates 2 days for every month served, if your a trustee you can get more depending on the job and county policy. In jeffco outside trustees get 50% off of their sentences but you work your butt off.
Yeah and I'd still like to know why people awaiting disposition on their felony charges are not given earned time off the jail time! 2 days or 10, they should be earning something while they're waiting in there. If they are convicted DOC should have to give them that time. Mine should have been eligible for earned time off of it because he was on parole and still never received anything. The people who are in jail long-term because of parole holds and/or high bonds should get that time. My two cents!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 AM

So after you're sentenced and they put you in the kitchen or something is that the same as being a trustee? Arapahoe County Jail sounds like it sucks. I hope they give you time served if you're just sitting there waiting for trial or to be transfered.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Usually you get jail time credit, that's up to the Judge. If you're on parole, the Judge can either order the parole be served concurrent with the new sentence or consecutive, which basically means that none of the jail time credit goes toward the new sentence. The earned time should be ordered as well, but that's up to DOC not the court. The courts have no jurisdiction over whether or not DOC awards the earned time. When someone has sat in jail for 8 months (normal) awaiting a disposition on their case, they should get that earned time. That's 2.5 months off of their prison sentence.