Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:08 PM

Post Son in Camp Hill, will he stay there or transfer to different prison?

hi everyone i'm new to this my son is currently in camp hill in pa . I set up a jpay account and sent money along with a few emails but haven't received any emails back. also mailed him a letter but the last letter I received from him he had asked if I set a jpay account up. He is in L block so I assumed he would get his emails and letters. I was also wondering if he will stay there or will he be transferred to a different facility? any info would be greatly appreciated so lost
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2015, 08:34 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,301 Times in 13,388 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the Parents forum. I gave you your own introductory thread.

There is much information about the PA processing experience for new inmates, and their families, in the PA Prison forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164

another helpful resource is the PA Prison Society in Philadelphia.
http://www.prisonsociety.org/
Old 01-04-2015, 08:44 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,476 Times in 16,818 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO! I've moved your thread to the PA forum where you'll find state/facility specific information

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-11-2015, 06:58 AM

Thanked 2,369 Times in 1,296 Posts

Your son is in the Diagnostic & Classification Center (CDCC) side of SCI Camp Hill. He will be there for a while until they decide where to send him. A few inmates are kept at Camp Hill permanently, but you should expect he will be classified to a different facility. The DOC will try to place him in the same region of PA that he came from, although this is not guaranteed.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:34 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobble60 View Post
Your son is in the Diagnostic & Classification Center (CDCC) side of SCI Camp Hill. He will be there for a while until they decide where to send him. A few inmates are kept at Camp Hill permanently, but you should expect he will be classified to a different facility. The DOC will try to place him in the same region of PA that he came from, although this is not guaranteed.
Hello! This post was very informative, for me as well. My boyfriend is also in Camp Hill and from the looks of it on the DOC website it says beside his name that will be his permanent location. Does that actually mean that is where he will be for the remainder of his time OR will he actually get to be close to home here in Erie? Which would actually be Albion (which I heard was over populated) Thanks!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:49 AM

Thanked 2,369 Times in 1,296 Posts

Very few male inmates are classified to stay at Camp Hill. All male inmates pass through the DCC part -- wearing blue uniforms -- on their way to their home prisons. While in blues, the Inmate Locator will show Camp Hill as their "permanent location" (simply because they have no other location yet.)

As much as possible, the DOC is now trying to place inmates in the region from which they came. So a male from Erie should end up in the Western region.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:01 PM

Thank you! My boyfriend has also said the same in the last two letters he's sent. I was so worried because I do miss him so and I want to be able to at least visit him again!