Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 AM

Default Visiting Dress Code

So below is the rules posted online for FCI-LA TUNA
I am really trying to figure out what to wear.
When they say "no sleeveless tops" does that exclude everything? So pretty much saying anything that shows your armpit is not allowed. I have a long dress and I believe it appropriate, but there are no sleeves :/ if I put on a cardigan will that be okay?
Also what is "tight fitting" if you have a booty everything is tight fitting in a sense. What is acceptable. Do you think if I have a pencil skirt with a shirt that covers my bottom it will be okay?

****Any clothing which is tight fitting, or revealing, skirts or dressesabove the knees, sleeveless tops, midriffs, spandex more than three

inches, culottes, shorts, see through clothing, halters, hats, clothing with gang related or suggestive logos, or any apparel of a
suggestive or revealing nature will not be permitted. Hair pieces or wigs that can be easily removed will not be permitted, unless
medically needed and accompanied by a physician's letter. Clothing which resembles inmate or staff clothing, i.e., khaki colored, all gray sweat suits,
camouflage, or BDU’s will not be authorized in the
visiting room. If the Visiting Room Officer or Lobby Officerdetermines that the visitor is improperly dressed, the visitor will be asked to change and return. Visitors may be denied a visit when
supervisory staff (i.e., Lieutenant, Duty

Officer, etc.) determine a visitor's dress is inappropriate for the institution setting.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,027 Times in 7,142 Posts

I always dress for visits as if I were dressing for church, a job interview or lunch at a snooty country club- knees covered, no cleavage at all, sleeves at least "T-shirt" length, usually to the elbow if not long sleeves.

The cardigan is tricky because some officers will accept that and other will consider it a "jacket" and assume that you'll remove it at some point and this is one of those things that's entirely at the discretion of the staff.
Give it a shot but take another outfit with you, just in case.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
LBee (07-16-2013), ssuz (07-18-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts

Altho not from your state, when I want to wear a sleeveless top, I just wear a long sleeve blouse, shirt or sweater underneath. I haven't had any problems doing that. I hear you on the problem of everything being tight. Just make sure your skin is covered and nothing is showing. Dresses or skirts should be below the knees when sitting down, We have footwear requirements here, you may want to check those out in your prison.
As above poster stated dress like you would for church. Here is you wear a dress or skirt they want to make sure you have a slip on and do check it, no slip = no visit.
Good luck to you.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
ssuz (07-18-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 31,981 Times in 15,954 Posts

In some facilities they wont let you layer things either.
It may depend on the weather conditions as well.
In CA any skirt or shorts must be no shorter than I think its 2 " above the knee.

I'd agree with Lebeau. Bring an extra change of clothing that will for sure let you thru.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
ssuz (07-18-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 AM

I always dress modestly-- if I wear something that's even close to one of their no-wear rules, they determine it inappropriate. Always bring a change of clothes. What I do to make my clothing more visually interesting for my buddy at visit is, I wear pretty, girly colors because I know that, outside of visit and TV, he doesn't get to see things like that. Pinks, purples, florals, things like that. I avoid plain black because it's so boring and everyone wears that. The shortest pants I wear are clamdiggers that go just past the knees. No cleavage, no armpits. At the last facility I saw him at, we weren't allowed to wear a short-sleeved shirt under a sleeveless dress, but at the current one, we are. It's very random, facility by facility, officer by officer. Bleah!
Mt. 25:34-36... "...'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in...I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"
The Following User Says Thank You to LBee For This Useful Post:
ssuz (07-18-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 PM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 822 Posts

Once I was wearing a very nice blouse that was like a tank top with a cardigan but it was one of those kinds where it's like sewn together so the cardigan actually CAN'T come off...they made me change even when I showed that it can't come off. And yet there were women in there dressed in clothes so tight they looked like hookers.

I agree with another poster about wearing color. My man loved to see what I was going to wear and how I would accessorize my jewelry and what color my nails were. Haha! He just liked seeing something that wasn't khaki, white or gray, but it made me feel like a million bucks!
The Following User Says Thank You to NeverDull For This Useful Post:
ssuz (07-18-2013)