Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-27-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Does anyone know? Camp hill PA prison

Hi does anyone know how much a tv and cable costs? My son is at camp hill in pa and I was wondering because my parents want to buy him one because he is in his cell 23 hours a day because there is another guy there that got prison time at the same prison and my son was a defendant and this guy made threats towards him.
If anyone know the answers to these questions please let me know .

Jen
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2004, 02:57 PM

Cable service is now I believe $18.00 a month and a TV cost about $187.00 ... My guy just bought a new TV from the commissary, and thats what he paid, they raised the cable bill a couple of months aso.. now mind you, this is in Somerset, I dont know if it is the same prices statewide, but Id assume that the cable would be the same price in all facilities....
Old 03-28-2004, 09:46 PM

Thanks so much for the info, at least that gives me more of an idea then what I had before. thanks
Jen
Old 03-28-2004, 10:31 PM

The TV's at camp hill should be $160. I'm not sure about the cable service. I just sent my fiance money for it last week and he ordered it Thursday. He didn't mention the TV costing more than that yesterday when I spoke to him.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:36 PM

my brother wants a tv, as well .. and he's in camp hill. my question is ... once he buys the tv .. can he take it with him to his 'home jail' after he's transferred?
Old 03-29-2004, 06:33 AM

Missyoubro,
I read in the online handbook that they can take it with them when they transferr you can take two record boxes with belongings and your tv, it said that they can pack their clothes around the tv inside the tv box so I guess that means they can take them with them. jen
Old 03-29-2004, 02:24 PM

jennyleigh your right, I believe they can take them with them, the only time they have to get rid of the tv is when they purchase another one... My guy just sent his old tv home to me, so he could get his new one.... Im pretty sure they cant make them get rid of them just because they are moved ya know.... inmates cant afford to keep on buying tv's at the prices the prisons charge.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:02 AM

zew,
so how big are these Tv's? are they decent?

Jen
Old 04-01-2004, 01:32 PM

I am not sure what size, I believe they are all 12 inch, but I could be wrong.... The one my guy got is a flatscreen, not the thin type, its just flat in the front, I will ask him about it... The one he sent home was a 12 inch. He had to send the remote to his new TV home with the old TV because inmates are not allowed to have the remote.... Im pretty sure they are all 12 inch, but when he calls I will ask him just to make sure. I will say, he seems very happy with his new one.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:42 PM

Wow, I didnt even know they could have T.V.s Learn something new everyday. I know where mine is at, they dont offer cable and stuff like that, or atleast i dont think they do. 30 more days!!!!!!!! WhoooHoooo!!!! dont know how to set up the count down thingy! lol
Old 04-01-2004, 04:44 PM

I had the "count down thingy" on my posts, but for some odd reason, it has disappeared........
Old 04-01-2004, 04:53 PM

I keep going to options, says it is there, but... it isnt.. dunno.. by the way, where is your guy? CONGRATS on the 30 more days! You must be very excited
Old 04-01-2004, 10:34 PM

My fiance told me today the cable at Camp Hill is $16 a month.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:50 AM

Thanks everyone .. This is such a wonderful place, i've gotton so much information and comfort and some laughs from PTO. You are all wonderful people, it makes me feel a relief to think that my son could be inside with one of your loved ones, since you are all such special and wonderful people your loved ones on the inside must be as well.
god bless all of you.

jen
Old 04-02-2004, 09:25 AM

Heyy!! thanks for the Congrats!!!! He is currently at the Roach Unit In Childress Texas. Says its not tooo bad there. Pretty laid back, which is a blessing. I rest a little easier at night knowing that. I am trying to get ahold of the parole office. Martin wont tell me EXACTLY what day he is getting out. He said he wants to surprise me. LOL...I DONT do surprises that well. I need to make sure i am all dolled up! LMAO. So i am frantically calling trying to find out now! LOL wish me luck!!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 01:00 PM

I wish ya lots and lots of luck! I thought he was in Pa. however, I grew up not far from Childress, Texas.... I also know how dealing with the Texas system can be.. arghhh!!!!