Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > World Prison News
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

World Prison News Post info (IF it doesn't belong in another PTO forum) about the prison system, prisoner support, criminal justice, etc., that you learn firsthand, through the media, from an inmate, or any other source. News can be local, state, Federal, or int'l.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 11:23 PM
MTWT Florida

Location: For the time being, in Atlanta GA, much warmer than WI.
Default MAKING THE WALLS TRANSPARENT Class Action Proposal

SUING THE DOC FOR FAMILY HEALTH RELATED ISSUES

Lindy Shelby, mother of a youthful offender, is filing suit against the DOC for the wrongs they have done to her and her son, Matt. Case No. 02-3484RX has been sent to the Florida Attorney General and can be seen at http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/fci/lindyssuit.html

I do not think that two million families have to sit and take the abuse dished out by the American prison system.

I have long urged the families to instigate a class action for pain and suffering caused by worrying about their loved one's
treatment in the DOC. I would like to begin preparing for such an action now.

If you have now or in the past had a loved one in prison, and felt the frustration and fear that goes with dealing with an unconcerned omnipotent authority like the prison system,
Please pass the word.

We need brief notarized letters, not only for Lindy's suit for Florida, but we'd really like to take the class action federal.

With these letters, we can and will find a concerned attorney who will instigate a class action on behalf of all families who have suffered unwarrented grief at the hands of the Prison Industrial Complex.

Send notarized Florida letters by snail mail to:
Lindy Shelby
P.O. Box 554
Coffeeville, MS 38922

and/or

Kay Lee
Institute of Criminal Justice
4900 Olson Drive #69
Eau Claire, WI 54703
715-831-0076

For more info, contact us by email:
Lindy Shelby
lindylou0728@aol.com

Kay Lee
kayleeusa@yahoo.com

LINDY'S LAWSUIT CAN BE SEEN AT:
http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/fci/lindyssuit.html
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2002, 11:29 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,830 Times in 1,600 Posts

Great info... Hope you don't mind if I move it to the Prison News forum. Hopefully more people will see and act on it there.

David
Old 07-15-2003, 08:50 PM

Hello:

I am filing a lawsuit against TDCJ for abuse of my son who is a mental impaired inmate. He was supposed to be paroled out after September 1, 2001 and the TDCJ guards jumped on him. Then the Kelly Weeks who husband is the District Attorney allowed them to file on my son.

This is nothing more than a cover up for their wrong doing. I need help.

If anyone can help me please do so. I can be reach
at (e-mail address & telephone number removed per PTO policy - member may be contacted via Private Messaging on PTO).
Closed Thread