Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 PM

Default Release procedure

MY bro is getting released.....I wanna know what exactly happens

He gets held somewhere before being processed? (paperwork etc.)...where he goes from there....and where I go to pick him up etc.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 AM

I'm sure someone will reply soon who knows how it works at SQ but I would suggest calling the prison and finding out. When my man was being released from DVI before, I called and they confirmed his release date and told me to be there early in the morning and to go in with my ID and tell them I was there to pick him up because if they do not know someone is there who is OK to pick him up, they will take him to a bus station. Anyway, I was all set to go and then he called me from a bus station two days before his release date. I'm hearing at SQ they are not releasing people on their release dates anyway, they've been late so I really think you should call there and find out what they suggest you do. Good luck and Congrats on your brother getting out!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Anthony's Mom

I think it depends on if he is being released because he has served all his time or because he is being COP'd from a parole violation. My experiance was as follows; I called the prison they got me through to the right person who could confirm if he was going to have a morning or an evening release. I asked what time I should be there (I can't remember now maybe 6pm) I drove to SQ and pulled up to the main gate that goes in the prison. If you go at night, make sure you stop before you get to the gate, and turn your lights off. The CO who was there the night I went was on a good one about those two things. If you go during the day, you still need to stop before the gate. Then I told the CO who I was there to pick up. He called R&R and let them know, then asked me to park on the gravel part right before the post office. It took a couple hours (Maybe 1 and a half, but it seemed like a lifetime because I had to pee) but they finally drove the guys out in a white van, stopped and let out the guys who had rides and continued on with the others.

That is the best I know. Let me know if you have anymore questions