Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 AM

Default SQ release procedure?

Can anyone tell me what kind of procedure or processing an inmate can expect to encounter on the day they're released? Also, how are they released if they don't have someone waiting to pick them up?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2006, 10:19 PM

This was a couple of years back but i am sure it hasnt changed much. If they do not have a ride or someone waiting to pick them up from the prison then the officer takes them to the San Francisco Grey Hound. They are given there gate money in cash but the money that is on their books i believe is given to them in check form. As for the release process they will go through R&R sign alot of paper work get dressed out if they did not have anyone send them in then they will be released in state parole clothes. Its tan pants and a white shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golrith
Can anyone tell me what kind of procedure or processing an inmate can expect to encounter on the day they're released? Also, how are they released if they don't have someone waiting to pick them up?

Last edited by scca; 10-12-2006 at 10:27 PM..
Old 10-16-2006, 01:04 PM
hopelessly in love

now, if no one is at the gate to pick a person up, they take them to the San Rafeal transit depot, its not too far from San Quentin, when I picked up my husband I saw some guys that didn't have parole clothes in Grey sweats...but I was right there when that bus pulled up to get my husband

Old 11-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Groovin' for Life
Donation Award 

The gate money is a check but they have their privildge card as ID to be able to cash it. They pull the van right up to gate next to the visiting and you tell them who you are picking up and they check them, let them out of the van and you go home.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
OX~Back In His Arms~OX

Dose anyone know when they go on S Time?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:55 PM

Inamtes are placed on "S" time 3 days prior to transfer and 10 days prior to parole.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Releasing from S.Q.

So what gate do we pick them up at and at what times do the release from S.Q. I have the day but where do I go from there

C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDamu415
now, if no one is at the gate to pick a person up, they take them to the San Rafeal transit depot, its not too far from San Quentin, when I picked up my husband I saw some guys that didn't have parole clothes in Grey sweats...but I was right there when that bus pulled up to get my husband
Old 11-26-2006, 02:24 AM

They release from SQ twice a day in the am and in the pm you can call them the day of release to find out which batch your guy is in. The main gate where visitng is.