Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news and information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news and information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Illinois, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:34 AM

Default Are Illinois inmates receiving an extra 180 days due to covid19?

Has anyone heard that illinois inmates are receiving an extra 180 days due to covid19?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasa View Post
Has anyone heard that illinois inmates are receiving an extra 180 days due to covid19?
Yes they are releasing some within 6 months of their release dates and medically needed furloughs are supposed to begin as well. They’re moving very slow.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 04-13-2020, 02:32 PM

So if someone has 4 years will they receive the 180 days also?
Old 04-14-2020, 02:03 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasa View Post
So if someone has 4 years will they receive the 180 days also?
Most likely no. Release dates within the next six months are the target.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (04-14-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 09:07 PM

Here it is the end of November 2020 and covid is on the rise big-time here in Illinois. My man in Vandalia has reported that they've been on lockdown for weeks due to covid outbreaks. Entire dorms having tested positive. The CO'S are not wearing masks properly. When someone tests positive they KEEP them in the same dorm and do not offer medical attention. In fact there are 2 of the 60+ people out of 70 in his dorm, that are still very sick. Other inmates change his bedsheets and such. I joined this site to find some information about what is being done. If anyone else has had same reports from inmates in IDOC. Also. I have parole questions with all the covid shit. Are they even offering sentencing credits these days? Outbreaks are at their peak, and no one talking about early releases. My man has been on quarantine for months. Its ridiculous.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:06 PM

Sorry you havent been able to get much input e.g. for your loved one etc. This is a really great site, but I'm sorry to say it seems so underused; those of us who have loved ones locked up; especially with all this covid going on, want to get any and all info we can. My L.O. has been in Cook county for a year now, came to an agreement, and is still waiting to sign the papers to make it official, so he can move on to NRC (which is hell in itself) and finally to an IDOC location that will have openings. I never hear or read anything about the status of what's gong on in IDOC. As terrible as it is in Cook County, it's the lesser of the two evils rather to be stuck in NRC for months waiting because of these lockdowns. I pray all will work out for your man there.