Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues News & Events relating to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Courts, Department of Justice and any legal questions you may have dealing with the Federal system.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 PM

What new at FCI Safford?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 12:09 PM

Default rdap sentence reduction

I have heard that no one ever gets more then 6 mont5hs off . Is this true?

I have also heard that some places give bigger reductions then others, is this true?

Thank you for any help you can give.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,274 Posts

Download the sticky at the top of this thread. Time off depends on the length of the sentence and the waiting list of the program. There are inmates receiving 12 months off, but thhey usually have 5+ years on their sentence. Waiting lists are hard to sort out. PTO hears about them from newly released members, but BOP can transport blocks of inmates in and the news becomes outdated quickly.

What are the circumstances of the person you are writing about?

Last edited by bellisq; 01-17-2011 at 01:11 PM..
Old 02-15-2011, 01:59 PM
I luv my brother

What is the aftercare program that needs to be completed on the outside while on Supervised Release? How long does the aftercare last?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:33 PM

I completed the RDAP program. I was in before they changed the time requirements to get the time off. The change happened while I was in..

First let me tell you a little about the BOP. Inside we call them "backwards on purpose". A lot of things are stupid and make very little sense.

I was at Coleman Low. So, I cant tell you exactly how it is everywhere. You would think that since the BOP is one system that everything would be uniform across the board..well, it isnt....

Where I was, everyone that had a documented (PSI mainly) history of drug or alcohol abuse/addiction was eligible to participate in the program. However, if you had a violent crime in your past (even a misdemeanor in some circumstances) you were not eligible for the time off benefit. You did however qualify for the 6 months halfway house. A gun possession and a gun enhancement disqualify you. Even if you never in your life touched a gun, if in your case you got the enhancement, you are not getting the time off.

The BOP is completely in control of this program. They decided what crimes disqualify you. I know people that sent BP 8-12 or however high it goes all the way to Washington trying to fight some decisions...everytime they refer back to the policy statement where it clearly states "at the BOPs discretion".....

So.. if you have a history of drugs or alcohol you better tell them during your psi interview. Your sentence will not be any more or less because of it. If you smoked crack 5 days a week, tell them. Im not telling anyone to lie, but Im just saying to get in you have to have a history.

Its a pretty good program depending on your DTS. It covers a lot about drug and alcohol abuse but it also gives you tools for everyday living. I am college educated..I thought it would be a waste of time.. but with an open mind you will learn something, no matter who you are...

thats all I got to say about that....
Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd3223 View Post
What is the aftercare program that needs to be completed on the outside while on Supervised Release? How long does the aftercare last?

The aftercare is simple. While you are in the HWH you go to what is called TDAP... Transitional Drug Abuse Program..its typically 6 months but lasts the duration of your hwh stay..

We met once a week for group counseling and once a week for one on one. Its not a bunch of workbooks like the program. I enjoyed it actually. It was a way to get out of the hwh and relax from their craziness...

What aftercare you have after the hwh depends on your PO. Mine has me on a color code right now. I call in everyday. If the color green comes up, I have to take a urine test.. He has told me that as long as I stay clean, I will not have to do any more treatment....
Old 09-20-2011, 05:11 PM

Question

Hello im new to this forum, I have been reading it for a while, but since I found answers to my questions, never had the need to post. Now I need help I need to know how often do the RDAP program starts? My friend is at a fdc but soon will be going to montgomery camp, where they offer the program, but he is being waiting for transfer for like 2 months already. So he is worried that once transfered he will have to wait longer till the next course starts? Thank you in advance
Old 05-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogired22
I completed the RDAP program. I was in before they changed the time requirements to get the time off. The change happened while I was in..

First let me tell you a little about the BOP. Inside we call them "backwards on purpose". A lot of things are stupid and make very little sense.

I was at Coleman Low. So, I cant tell you exactly how it is everywhere. You would think that since the BOP is one system that everything would be uniform across the board..well, it isnt....

Where I was, everyone that had a documented (PSI mainly) history of drug or alcohol abuse/addiction was eligible to participate in the program. However, if you had a violent crime in your past (even a misdemeanor in some circumstances) you were not eligible for the time off benefit. You did however qualify for the 6 months halfway house. A gun possession and a gun enhancement disqualify you. Even if you never in your life touched a gun, if in your case you got the enhancement, you are not getting the time off.

The BOP is completely in control of this program. They decided what crimes disqualify you. I know people that sent BP 8-12 or however high it goes all the way to Washington trying to fight some decisions...everytime they refer back to the policy statement where it clearly states "at the BOPs discretion".....

So.. if you have a history of drugs or alcohol you better tell them during your psi interview. Your sentence will not be any more or less because of it. If you smoked crack 5 days a week, tell them. Im not telling anyone to lie, but Im just saying to get in you have to have a history.

Its a pretty good program depending on your DTS. It covers a lot about drug and alcohol abuse but it also gives you tools for everyday living. I am college educated..I thought it would be a waste of time.. but with an open mind you will learn something, no matter who you are...

thats all I got to say about that....
The way his lawyer explained it to me was that if the firearm charges were not part of the crime he was being procedures for then he is still eligible for rdap. Past crimes dont count against him. Is this wrong information?
Closed Thread