Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes Do you have news relating to California's Prison or Ciminal Justice System and related efforts? Post them here! Also discuss 3 Strike laws.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,198 Posts
Default Cate urges legislature to fund AB109

http://www.lassennews.com/home/6934-...und-ab-109-now

“Our current reduction plan does not include the early release of inmates,” Cate said during a televised Internet press conference Monday, June 6. “But it is absolutely critical that the legislature understand the seriousness of the Supreme Court’s decision and support a variety of measures that will allow us to lower our inmate population in the safest possible way. AB 109 is the cornerstone of the solution, and the legislature must act to protect public safety by funding realignment.”
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
vegasgirl1 (06-21-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 04:30 PM
truly, madly, deeply

liberals

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

No longer waiting, the date changed.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,904 Times in 1,019 Posts

I happen to like Liberals and Progressive thinking people I'm one of those myself. Without those slavery, for whites only and women would not be allowed to vote etc.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:12 PM
truly, madly, deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imani View Post
I happen to like Liberals and Progressive thinking people I'm one of those myself. Without those slavery, for whites only and women would not be allowed to vote etc.
The info below can be found through wikipedia to start and many history books, etc

for whites only:

Woodrow Wilson, a southern Democrat and the first southern-born president of the postwar period, appointed southerners to his cabinet. Some quickly began to press for segregated work places, although Washington, DC and federal offices had been integrated since after the Civil War. In 1913, for instance, the Secretary of the Treasury William Gibbs McAdoo—an appointee of the President—was heard to express his opinion of black and white women working together in one government office: "I feel sure that this must go against the grain of the white women. Is there any reason why the white women should not have only white women working across from them on the machines

slavery:

After deftly opposing the expansion of slavery in the United States in his campaign debates and speeches,[2] Lincoln secured the Republican nomination and was elected president in 1860

n 1918, Congress passed what became, when it was ratified by sufficient states in 1920, the Nineteenth Amendment, which prohibited state and federal agencies from gender-based restrictions on voting.

women would not be allowed to vote:

By the 1918 Congressional elections the Republicans, whom former US President Theodore Roosevelt had now strongly backed,[39] easily managed to regain control of the US Senate in this election, as well as control of the US Congress, as the Democratic Party's popularity decreased because of President Wilson's war efforts.

the Republican party would obtain a firmer majority control of both Congressional houses, in the 1920 congressional election, and score a heavy win the 1920 US Presidential Election as well;[42] Republican Presidential candidate Warren Harding, a pro-laissez faire conservative, would also receive a record-breaking percent of the popular vote as well.[43] However, the Harding administration could not bring the economy back to normal.[44] Although the Republicans were able to retain control of both houses of Congress

Just food for thought...............eat up.

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

No longer waiting, the date changed.