Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
soontogo

Default Self surrender

If anyone can give info, iwas sentenced to 37 mns. i self surrender somewhere, i am not sure what the judge was doing, he did not give a surrender date nor did he request i be close to home. i am hoping it will be marianna, fl.camp. if anyone has info to pass along. ihave been out on a personal recognizance bond this whole time, not in coustdy any.

thanks soontogo
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2006, 09:08 AM

What was your sentencing date?

You may receive a letter but you should be in touch with the Federal Marshall's if it has been several weeks. Often you will get a phone call instead of a letter.

You may also check www.bop.gov regularly for your name. Once you show up on the BOP locator, your letter of call should follow very soon. Typically you will have about two weeks from notification to surrender to the facility. T

he BOP will put you wherever they choose regardless of the judge's recommendations.

We're glad you found us. This is a life changing experience that you will get through as many of us have.

SusanT

Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics

Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 AM
soontogo

i was sentenced 2/21/06, and i have called the Marshal's office and was told they are working on it but it will still be awhile, when i am in the bop system the marshall's will send me a letter.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:57 AM

It was four months before I received my letter but be prepared as it could come any day. If you will continue to check the BOP inmate locator, you will at least have a day or two to mentally prepare before you actually receive it.

This is a tough time...this living in limbo. Take time to read the threads regarding preparation (self surrender, the strip search, contact list, sending yourself money, notifying family regarding your clothes being mailed home, etc.)

Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics