Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Mount Pleasant INFO

Can one of you fine folks provide me with the address to send personal mail to Mount PLeasant.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2007, 08:57 AM

Yeah here yah go, my man is there so i know tha addy by heart.

Mount Pleasant Correctional Facility
1200 E. Washington
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa

Old 02-01-2007, 11:30 AM

Thank You, My son is also named Justin so your I love Justin was kinda cool. Thanks again
Old 02-01-2007, 03:37 PM

Is there ever a time they get sent to Mt. Pleasant first instead of toward the end?
Anyone know how often they get sent to a prison in their own town?
Thanks
IGIT
Old 02-01-2007, 06:49 PM

I honestly couldnt tell yah. My man was originally in newton, hes from burlington. He put in for a transfer to get closer to home, and it took forever, plus they wanted a ligit reason. But yah never know , they may get lucky and get put right at home. Good luck

Old 02-01-2007, 06:54 PM

Which did he like best as far as prisons go?
IGIT
Old 02-02-2007, 11:31 AM

Get this for a ride. Scott County Jail to Pekin IL to Scott County to Oakdale to Fort Dodge to Scott County again, then Cedar County to Oakdale and I hope the final stop on a very long journey Mt.Pleasant. All for forgery of $60
Old 02-18-2007, 03:14 PM

My man liked newton tha best. He didnt like mt pleasant at all. But now he is in anamosa. I hope he likes it there, cz thats where hes gona be for tha next 2 years.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:49 PM

Do they just keep changing them around? Do they have a say at all?
IGIT
Old 02-19-2007, 10:18 AM

My man put in a request for a transfer to be closer to home so his mom could visit. So thats why he got moved to mt pleasant, but he said that place was horrible. So he just said forget it, and wanted to go somewhere else.
I dont think they would keep moving inmates around unless there is a ligit reason. But my man kept requsting transfers

Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Thank you for that information. Do they have to be in one place for two years before they can move? Has anyone ever stayed in one place for a long time because they wanted to?
IGIT
Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 PM

No they dont have to stay in one place for 2 years before he can be transfered. I dont think so anyways. Yeah i have a friend thats been locked up for a while, and he likes it where hes at and he dont plan on movin

Old 03-03-2007, 04:57 PM

I'm praying for my husband to be here for the whole time. Thank you for the response.
IGIT
Old 03-04-2007, 11:01 PM

Hello everyone! My baby went straight to MPCF from oakdale in sept. we were told that he would be home by summer on a 5 yr sentence but now they are pushing that to fall becauce of bep/drug classes not being started until may. the way i understand it he still goes in front of parole board in may so what would be the chances of them letting him out to finish classes on the outside? any suggestons on getting him paroled back home with me being his victim? this is all a first for us & i am sorry if i sound nieve...any help would be greatly appreciated i am willing to do anything to get him back home where he belongs. I also want to say in case i was the only one who din't know this i was spending 50-75$ a week on phone calls & then found out that if you have a cell phone & have the number changed to a local # where your loved one is the charge goes from the 6-7$ a call to $2.00 a call!! huge savings. we are not allowed visits yet so all we have are letters & calls it's been the longest 6months of my life. i'm also starting on letters to parole board any suggestions there?? thanks for the support. Angie
Old 11-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Hi! Im new in this forum. Im here because Im desperate and need to talk to someone. My boyfriend is in Mt Pleasant for burglary 3rd degree and I havent heard anything from him for 2 weeks, he was moved there like 3 weeks ago, hes been in Newton, Fort madison, Burlington,IMCC and now Mt pleasant . It was supposed he received the money order to make calls but he hasnt called me...plus im in spain so imagine how expensive calls are...well just wanted to hear from someone who has lived the same experience. Also we got no idea how long he will have to be in prison. hes been in jail since April and this has been the most horrible year of my life...
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM
<3

This has probably been one of the worst years of mine, as well. I wish I could tell you it's gets easier.. but like I've told so many before, it's only gotten harder for me. Good luck! He has to get your phone number approved first, and that can take up to a month
Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Missing Him...

Spain?! Really? Are you just visiting, or do you live there? Thats cool. Ive never been across the pond.

As soon as hes got the money and your # approved he should be able to call you. Good luck!

Like frky said For ME it only gets harder.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 AM

Thank you for your responses, its good to talk to someone who knows what you are feeling. I live in Spain, Im a Spaniard who fell in love with an American :-)
The thing is that last time he called me, more than 2 weeks ago, he called me from Mt Pleasant so its supposed my # is already approved, it has to be any problem with the money, hope is not that they dont let him call...btw how long it lasts usually to make calls since they receive the money?
sorry for my english, its not my first language, I do my best though :-)
Old 11-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Account Closed

Welcome to PTO!! Have you checked out the DOC website to see what it says for his release? Here is the link:

http://www.doc.state.ia.us/OffenderInfo.asp
Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 AM

thank you Greengirl :-)
End Date is in blank...but the duration says 5 years, I checked that site before and told him about it but he said he wouldnt have to be there so long, I dont know... Last time we talked he said he could be there for 8 more months or just one, they still didnt know. I wonder what do they usually do in Mt Pleasant? do they have treatment programs or something like that?
On the other hand, is it normal to be moved to so many different places in a short period of time? since hes in jail hes been moved like 7-8 times :-(
Old 11-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Missing Him...

I wouldnt say that the IDOC has a "normal" rutine. Anything is possible. Have I heard of anyone being transfered to so many different prisons in such a short period of time? No. What does it mean? I have no idea. Is it possible? I guess so! The best thing would to call his counselor (if you can) and ask him. Just call Mt P and ask for your boyfriends conselor. Whoever answers the phone should be able to look it up for you and transfer the call.

Dont worry about the language. English is my FIRST language and I cant talk it or spell it very well !

For IDOC, someone with a 5 year sentence usually has their time cut in half. That would make it 2 1/2 years. As long as he doesnt get into trouble he will recieve good time as well. In Iowa thats 1 1/2 day. Meaning that if he serves 2 days, hes really serving 3 days. Understand?

The IDOC also likes the inmate to serve 20% of his time before hes paroled. But because the prisons are so over capacity, anything is possible. I hope I didnt confuse you anymore.

So how did you guys meet, if you dont mind me asking?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:35 PM

I was a exchange student. Good news, today he tried to call me while I was at work, too bad I wasnt at home but I hope he calls again anytime soon...
Old 12-01-2007, 08:54 PM
OnlyDustins

MSTV...i'm from burlington too! my guy is all the way across the state in clarinda, so count your lucky stars that your guy is only a hop skip and a jump away from you.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:55 PM
OnlyDustins

shanenbabyk..your guy looks FAMILIAR but i just cant see that picture too well.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Hi Angie - I was reading the posts on this and noticed your info about the phone thing. My friend is in Ft Madison and he calls my cell phone and yes it's costing me about $7 a phone call and I am in 712 area code and he is in 319. I have his cell phone that I have "suspended" thru Verizon while he is there - so would I be able to get that number changed temporarily to a 319# and therefore reduce the cost of our calls? And if so, do I just have to call Verizon to get that done and also change the phone number on the money I send for the calls to be made in the first place? Thanks a million for your advice!!