Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Hello ladies!!!!! After reading all of these threads makes me feel soo much better knowing that i am not the only one missing our loved ones.......my husband got sentenced 3months ago and we got a long way to go until we are complete he is my other half and i miss him so much i hope these 15yrs go by fast!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 05:00 PM
It's official! 5.14.10

I miss him a ton!!! And am scared we won't have contact visits for a really long time which sucks even more that we have a one month old daughter. I don't want her to forget her daddy. Hoping she can see him soon. I just wish my family could be together without all this crap, BUT...at least we have a solid loving family that can and WILL make it through all of this.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:58 PM

Okay here it goes... My man is still in county. He got sentenced yesterday to 13 months and its killing me. I know that 13 months doesn't seem like a long time but to me it feels like an eternity. People say that overtime things will get easier but that just doesn't seem realistic to me. I cry every night and am sick of it. I just feel so lost without him ..... God I miss him so much!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:17 PM

I am sorry to hear you lost your baby and cant tell him. Hopefully you will get to visit soon to tell him! Best of luck hun!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 PM

I'm having one of those kind of days. I had my nursing program orientation today...got my scrubs, books, schedule etc. and I am so excited, and I just wish he were here to share my excitement with. Also found out that due to school, I have no idea when I will see him again, and its getting to me. I had hoped to see him in the next few weeks, but its not a possibility. I'm just, missing him.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Jon'sBabyLola

I miss him so much it hurts me deep inside... He has been locked up for ten years. I can't believe it's been that long, and I still would drop everything and run to him if i only could... I met another guy after he had been locked up for four and a half years. Please understand, we were only 18 yrs old when he was sentenced...to a twenty year sentence. I loved him so much even though we were young...we grew up together and he is and was my world. my best friend...

So I met the other guy, and he cheered me up, but he wasn't Jon... But I ended up having a daughter with the other guy, my only child... And now six years later, I sent Jon a Christmas card and we have been writing and talking and picked right back up, the love is still there.... I went to visit him three times and we talked and talked and laughed and cried, and we are back together! It feels so wonderful to have him back in my life, I am so grateful! But it has opened up this emotional can of worms. I miss my Jon so bad, I can barely take it. I have to function for the sake of my daughter, but lately all I want to do is sleep and cry and write letters to him. But his words are so encouraging and kind hearted, it has deepened our bond so much. He has to serve mandatory 7 and a half more years. Because in our state (MO) you must serve 85%. Even though he hasn't had a write up in 5 yrs, this was his very first offense, and he was only 18 and had gotten into drugs.... We are now 27 and still very much in love and want to get married, but want to have a nice wedding and not have our celebration in prison because we want all of our families there.

Sorry this is so long, I am missing him so much... I hope he can call soon just so I can hear his voice... :::::Tears::::

His Wife 4 Life
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 AM

I miss my man too. He means the world to me. He also has been moved since my last visit, over 7hrs away. That is the worse part, besides not having him home. He has 3yrs left, my first bid with him. I never in my life had been around anyone that has been locked up. This is all new to me. I don't care how long he would have, I would wait for him. We are planning to be married, that keeps me going, Lol! I understand what every lady has said about, missing their men. We are strong individuals, and we will get through this. Just cherish every call, letter, visit, that we get and just know our men miss us just as well, maybe even more. God Bless us All!
The Following User Says Thank You to BLLB58 For This Useful Post:
jasonswifeyaz (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 AM

My hubby went in late August (missed our daughters 1st birthday!!). In total he will be gone about 2 years (he got 10 with 5 suspended). I hate every minute that he is gone. I want to hold him, touch him, smell him and just look in his eyes. I am a single mom like most on here and it sucks. I talk to him maybe twice a week and sometimes we have good talks and some times we have bad talks. I had to go 7 months with out seeing him and when I did he was in Ad Seg so yeah behind glass and on the phone. All because they caught him with a cig. My daughter, myself and my in-laws will be going to see this weekend.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM

I feel sad when I've something to tell him and I've to wait for him to call me .,,
Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 AM

Default emotional day, i miss my man!

Uugh one of them bad, emotional days today! I have been reading alot of post the last few days about our men and its just getting to me today. It has been making me think alot more about him and i miss him so much, it makes me a little angry that we have to be put through this! I pray to the good man above everyday to help guide me through this the right way but as it goes some days are easier then others. I just want him to be here to hold me like he use to when i were down, i miss EVERYTHING about him he is so wonderful! I just need to hear his voice and hear that sweet i love you right now
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
*~His Angel~*

I hope your day gets better, we all have our up and down days! Just keep praying and hold your head high! Remind yourself of the love y'all share, and think about the good times you've spent together.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 05-04-2012, 10:29 AM

Take a bath, eat some chocolate and read a good book. Helps me feel better.
Hope you feel better! (((Hugs)))
The Following User Says Thank You to GuerosMama For This Useful Post:
jasonswifeyaz (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 AM

yes, you ll get through it, my husband has been on lockdown 5 days today and i'm losing it. I need his voice at least!

Hope it gets better
Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Thanks guys
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonsBabyLola View Post
I miss him so much it hurts me deep inside... He has been locked up for ten years. I can't believe it's been that long, and I still would drop everything and run to him if i only could... I met another guy after he had been locked up for four and a half years. Please understand, we were only 18 yrs old when he was sentenced...to a twenty year sentence. I loved him so much even though we were young...we grew up together and he is and was my world. my best friend...

So I met the other guy, and he cheered me up, but he wasn't Jon... But I ended up having a daughter with the other guy, my only child... And now six years later, I sent Jon a Christmas card and we have been writing and talking and picked right back up, the love is still there.... I went to visit him three times and we talked and talked and laughed and cried, and we are back together! It feels so wonderful to have him back in my life, I am so grateful! But it has opened up this emotional can of worms. I miss my Jon so bad, I can barely take it. I have to function for the sake of my daughter, but lately all I want to do is sleep and cry and write letters to him. But his words are so encouraging and kind hearted, it has deepened our bond so much. He has to serve mandatory 7 and a half more years. Because in our state (MO) you must serve 85%. Even though he hasn't had a write up in 5 yrs, this was his very first offense, and he was only 18 and had gotten into drugs.... We are now 27 and still very much in love and want to get married, but want to have a nice wedding and not have our celebration in prison because we want all of our families there.

Sorry this is so long, I am missing him so much... I hope he can call soon just so I can hear his voice... :::::Tears::::

His Wife 4 Life

First off Congrats on getting back together and best of luck with everything. I know that it is hard but if you two still have the same amount of love as you did before than everything will work out. Also congrats on the future marriage. I hope all goes well and i'm sure as soon as he can call he will. I pray for you that things become easier soon
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Default Hi all

Having a really down day today. Went to visit my husband earlier and it was lovely, we were laughing and we hugged and kissed... and then it was over and I had to come back to our flat alone to the quietness.
Ever since then I've just thought about how much I miss him and want him home.
It's only been 24 days and I haven't felt this down about him being away since the first few days.
The night I found out he had been sentenced, I started to get ill and I've only just started to recover now- I had flu, conjunctivitis, an ear infection and glandular fever nearly all in one go- one part of me thinks 'i hate you for leaving me' and the other part just loves him too much to be angry.
the day he comes home will be the happiest day of my life.
14 months to go.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Love my husband <3

Default I miss him so much!

So I finally got to talk to my baby today after not being able to for a week (I had no money to put on the phone). He told me like a bunch of times how much he missed me (: But now I'm super sad. I HATE THIS! It's dragging on it seems like forever! I miss hugging him, kissing him, him picking me little flowers, etc.
Anyone else down in the dumps tonight?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Hi! I miss the same things about my husband that you wrote about! The calls are not long enough. The letters are too short. The visits are too far between! The list goes on and on! I miss him tonight and every night! Sure will be glad when we hear those doors click behind his heels!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Love my husband <3

I'm still waiting on a letter. Ugh. And yeah calls are not long enough. We got 13 minutes today yay which flew by! I always wanna cry when he says he has to go. He's supposed to try to call tomorrow but only to find out when I'm sending money cuz the last little amount I sent they took away from him! I am never dealing with DOC again when he gets out! Well at least not as a prison girlfriend since I'm gonna be working in corrections hopefully after I graduate.

Me...
I miss him sooooo much.. we can't speak til Tuesday he lost phone privileges for 2 wks.. needless to says its gone by quickly but Ugh can't wait to hear his voice

<3 missing sha<3
Faithfully Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegirl1008
So I finally got to talk to my baby today after not being able to for a week (I had no money to put on the phone). He told me like a bunch of times how much he missed me (: But now I'm super sad. I HATE THIS! It's dragging on it seems like forever! I miss hugging him, kissing him, him picking me little flowers, etc.
Anyone else down in the dumps tonight?
Glad to hear you finally got a call. Stay strong girl, I know this is hard for the both if you and the weight on your heart can be unbearable at times. Just remember you are a strong woman because you chose to wait and stand by him and this will only make your relationship stronger. Hope u feel better, sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Love my husband <3

@manda: I hope Tuesday comes super fast for you!
@scotties: thank you. Sometimes I wanna just give up, like the times when he doesn't call. But then I hear his voice and everything is right in the world.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Faithfully Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegirl1008
@manda: I hope Tuesday comes super fast for you!
@scotties: thank you. Sometimes I wanna just give up, like the times when he doesn't call. But then I hear his voice and everything is right in the world.
Yea its truly amazing how a letter or call can set the mood for your entire day, that just means you truly love him & that's a beautiful thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotties_Girl21 For This Useful Post:
mrs.nielsen (11-04-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 10:34 AM
hIS #1

My man has been locked up for 10 months, it was hard at first but i would visit him every week we would talk on the phone for hours, he was in a holding facility which was only 15 minutes from my house so it was like we were apart but we were still close. Last week he was transferred two hours away which is like the closest federal facility to me so i am thankful for that but it feels as if i have to get use to him being away all over again. I'm glad i found this site because other people really don't understand what we go through or even have a small clue as to how we feel. My friends think i'm crazy for waiting for him (two more years) and I tell them i wouldn't trade my man for all the free men in Maryland <3
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM

Default Really missing my husband!!!!

Hi, my husband says i can go online and see when/if his parole gets approved...is this true and where can i go or am i even able to find out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
Missing your man? And need to just let it out to people who understand? We all go through moments where we miss our guys and just don't have anyone on the outside who understands. Who better than the H/B PTO members to help you out during your difficult time.

So, if you are missing your man and need to get your thoughts off your chest, this is YOUR thread to do so.

Chin up, ladies. We'll get through this together.