Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:08 PM

Are there any advocacy services for children who are going trying to cope with the incarceration of a parent?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2016, 11:06 PM

Default We are everywhere

Omg it is so hard for me to figure out how to reply....lol...i want to say thanks for the advice i got earlier...also i agree that inmates are humans.i dont think of my brothers crimes anymore.21 plus years has been long enough for him to pay for what he did.no matter what he is just my young brother. He dont even act like hes locked up.we talk several times a week and we mostly joke around and laugh at stupid things. He acts like the recording is a real person and we talk back to it. I sometimes worry about maybe people tryin to hurt him cuz he is in a wheel chair now and he is very well known and has been involved in some not so good things and he did kill his roomate. Altho i think of it as self defense. This other inmate had a family and frens also. People who loved him no matter what..at least i hope he did. But alot of people would prolly try to hurt my bro cuz hes well known. Him being in total lock down for 21 yrs has givin me a piece of mind that may be selfish on my part but so be it. Im scared someone might try to hurt him. My father was a chief of police and killed his wife 21 yrs of age and then killed himself. Theres alot of people that prolly hate my family. Anyways its a new feeling for me...and i dont like it. I dont condone my brothers actions but i feel myself maybe justifing it a little. Not the crime itself but the reasons he lost contro. Ya no...i dont no if im making sense but my brother has a great heart and good sense of values. And has kept a positive attitude for so long i guess i admire his courage just to continue living life everyday...anyways i feel he deserves a shot at life with his family till he dies..hes never even seen a cell phone..lol thats crazy...he hasnt had the chance to even try alot of foods..anyways my other brother made him a fb page and im prolly gonna take it over but im so stupid when it comes to this stuff but maybe u guys can befren him and help me learn what to do.his name is david a lee lifer in sdsp..thanks for letting me ramble.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christy lee For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-15-2018)
Old 01-29-2017, 12:20 PM

Post Yuma to red rock

New to this website. Anyone know anything about Red Rock in Az? My man is in Yuma. Is but thinking of transferring to red rock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soldbyk For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-15-2018)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:43 PM

I read just the other day that inmates are faring badly in the heat right now, in Az. red Rock was highlighted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Threadbare For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-15-2018)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy79 View Post
i believe everyone deserves a second chance no matter their crime. i currently have about 40 pen pals i write monthly, i have had more than that to be released & i do anything i can to help them when they are released, even if it means help getting a job or a place to stay. We are all human & make mistakes
I agree, for the most part. I do think from what I have learned studying psychopathy, that there may be some people who are never safe on the outside. A hardened predator, particularly those who take advantage of the vulnerable should probably not have a second chance.

Unfortunately, these predators are sometimes the ones who do the locking up! So, the dilemma is, who gets to choose who earns freedom?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Threadbare For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-15-2018), SpaciKC (06-29-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ray View Post
>>>ALL PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT INMATES, BUT EVERYONE CARES ABOUT MONEY<<<

There's the bottom line! Attack the pocket book and you'll get some attention.

The ONE area, that could get the most attention, as I see it, that would bring this "mass" of FREE people involved, together is the injustice of the ..................phone system...........that effect just about every one of there pocket books!

To unite a mass of people there needs to be a simple cause that doesn't reguire major law changes. If a "group" can get or make DOC, to allow inmates too be able to use toll free numbers and or prepaid phone cards, they would see how "united" can get things done and bigger things can be gone after.
I totally agree, at this moment my daughter is in county jail and the money I put on her books goes strait to medical. So I can't talk to her where she's at. Hopefully getting moved soon. My son is also incarcerated but he is in prison. With him I'm being drained by commissary and phone calls. My man I met while visiting my son I'd good, occasionally I have to put money on for him to call me. It's just to much. The majority of family has cell phones which dont allow collect calls. The county jail where my daughter is at does not allow you to buy phone cards. Most do. I don't think it's fair to take out what an inmate owes for medical when a family member puts money onfor a phone call. You have to risk putting it on someone else's books. When they get out they will be swamped with paying what they owe for their care anyway. Am I making sense?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake2/18 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-15-2018)
Old 07-18-2017, 05:00 AM

I also tried a prepaid phone card for my son, but of course that didn't work either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake2/18 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-15-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 01:01 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KConnor56 View Post
We are everywhere--

For those who forget that the incarcerated humans in this country are indeed just that - HUMAN - I would like you to think on this the next time you talk about "inmates, criminals, convicts, etc...". These humans have families and those who love them despite whatever they did. Look around you and wonder, because this is who we are....

We take care of your children and grandchildren in nursery schools, we give them shots in the doctor's office, we are dental assistants, we are school teachers and Sunday school teachers, we stand behind you in the grocery store, we prepare your medicine in the drug store, we work in banks, we approve your loans, we service your insurance claims, we work for newspapers, TV stations and radio stations, we read your electric meters and water meters, we are your landlords, your neighbors, we take care of your elderly parents in nursing homes, we are nurses, lab technicians, X-ray technicians, we own beauty shops, flower shops, printing shops, we are welders, plumbers, tree trimmers, we work for the IRS, the State Dept., in the courthouse, schools, churches, drug stores and toy stores, we are legal secretaries, lawyers, school board members, we are bus drivers, we prepare meals for your kids in school, we are city council members, bank tellers, we process your checking account, your saving account, we work at your Social Security office, your insurance company, we take care of your IRA, stocks, bonds, we sell your kids bikes, school supplies, clothes, shoes, eyeglasses, we repair your cars, we are real estate agents, car dealers, college professors, psychologists, administrative assistants, safety engineers and ranchers. We work at Ralphs, Albertsons, Trader Joe's, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Macy's, Nordstrom and Saks 5th Avenue. We sell Avon and Tupperware. We are not all "on welfare", no matter what the government would like you to think.

There are two million people in prison in America and twice that many on parole and probation. Add in mothers, fathers, children, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends and about sixteen million people are personally affected by the prison system in the United States.

We are tired of letting ourselves feel humiliated or embarrassed because our loved one is in prison. WE did nothing wrong, and they are paying for their crime!

We are tired of fearing the loss of our jobs or evictions from our housing should anyone find out we have a loved one in prison.

We are tired of being made to feel inferior or unwelcome in churches, clubs, organizations or society in general simply because we refuse to abandon our loved ones.

We are ready to unite, to come out of hiding and openly support each other and our loved ones. It's a new day, America and we're here to prove it!

We are ready to speak out against the "they deserve what they get" attitude we hear you talk about in stores, theaters and restaurants.

We number in the millions, we are everywhere, every state, county, city and town. We may even live next door to you.

Sixteen million & counting. We are everywhere.

Think about it.
I needed to hear you tonight, Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to beachgypsy For This Useful Post:
jmdivine (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 01:50 AM

YES!!!