Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Do you tell him EVERYTHING
YES 346 67.71%
NO 62 12.13%
SOMETIMES 103 20.16%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2018, 03:46 AM

I canít tell him everything because heís shown and prove he canít handle it!
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyRampage For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-13-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2018, 04:29 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,643 Posts

Pretty much... maybe not about my bowel movements but other than that I can talk to him about anything and everything
a.rare.love (08-13-2018), Sarianna (07-20-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

So yesterday was my late husband's birthday (he would have been 35,) and M could tell I was very down. I didn't want to bring it up because I felt guilty about still grieving over him on these kinds of days even though I've remarried and actually loved M far longer. I finally hesitatingly opened up and M told me that I needed to stop pretending that I didn't love T (we had a very difficult and emotionally abusive relationship because he was autistic and schizoaffective- basically bipolar and schizophrenia at the same time.)

M told me that he knew what he was signing up for in marrying me and that he didn't want me hiding when I'm deep in feelings about this.

I started crying. Unfortunately I didn't have time for a second call yesterday though I could have used one.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:33 PM

Yeah I tell mine everything, sometimes its not the best thing in the world lol but it helps him to really trust me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeanísWife82 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-21-2018), Sarianna (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 10:51 PM
Donation Award 

Since we now live in separate worlds, all we have is love and how we communicate. There's been a lot hurt since all this started, and the only way we worked it out and became stronger was we talked, wrote letters, anyway we had to get the pain out. It takes a lot from each of us to put the pain behind and to work towards healing, our old path of holding onto each other during the night has been taken away. Sharing what is going on in our day, in our heads or hearts is all we have to build on our US. Not giving up on US.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beachgypsy For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-21-2018), fretswife (09-20-2018), Sarianna (07-26-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 12:20 PM

I live by this motto when delivery info to my loved ones, friends included. Is this info necessary, is the info productive and is the info true. If the info does not fall under all three the info is discarded

After learning each other's tolerance levels, I tell my Fiance what I know he can handle. And he does the same for me.

Last edited by BearsLadyBear; 08-12-2018 at 12:28 PM..
Old 08-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Coopers disciple

Yes, he's very sensitive when it comes to lies and secrets so I tell him everything right away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirin For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Strong Heart, Smart Mind

Default No no no

No I do not tell him everything nor does he want to know everything we have no secrets we can talk about anything and everything but do I need to be on check to tell him all NO NO NO or does he me Guess we have trust like that and or do I need anyone including him breathing down my neck or would I his No Thanks

The most unimaginable feelings!
The most unbelievable love!
I have found within you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Oceansdrm For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRampage View Post
I can’t tell him everything because he’s shown and prove he can’t handle it!

Oh i hear you on this one chica, and LOL good evening L Rampage.

hola chica,
yep.
ICAM...
Such deceit/secrets, dis-honor, Dis-trust/Non-Communication, will always KILL a "real"bond developing/and or a loving relationship, nine times out of ten, so i prefer to know "some things, naturally"however, i always count on the man to tell me himself at his own speed, his own pace, long as he do it, within a reasonable amount of time, then i am going to remain there for him/with him/in his life/and we shall continue to blossom. SERIOUS things, definitely invoke it immediate without any further type of delay.
-

Now...

Some people simply can NOT handle us great women, telling them "everything,so i m one who do not."ONLY what is truly relevant et.al., and maybe in "time" i will however, not (yet) as we are taking this all as a slow-burn,but we are getting so much into our closeness we are feelin' more and more all year, and i am even more so loving it more than i wanted to/or expected etc.al.,
He tell me so much about him/about his life/about (but took time doing it) things i would have never expected for a while now,

and i know recently he told me things, again about him, what's going on in his life in jail as we both await his fate to see if he come home any day now this year!(fingers-crossed)wit' a lawyer he has(paid lawyer that is)

and God-willing he is out by winter time."or sooner. I personally never want to know it "all."Only if it has the ability to:

1.)AFFECT me and him and our beautiful newfound 8 months now this mid month, our mature beautiful rare unique bond we are both building/tightening as each day pass by...

2.)Unless it has harmed her/hurting him et.al. and or about the case he has pending in front of us et.al., i really do NOT need to know "everything, ya know."
But it feel so GREAT when a man open up/take his time doing so/then open more all on his own, as i am not one to crowd a man and or want to know it all til' he is again ready to open up/tell me, at his own pace, as this is how i am too.

I am also, (After 2 Domestic V.) early 20s over 10 yrs ago) i simply am not the jealous type at all and for him to be telling me so much (for entire year so far is a nice feelin', so we will see) but yea some men CAN'T take it!(Flip out so quickly)and get real mad at things, i am the complete anti-thesis of that though. But you're right, and have a blessed night. adios.
hugs blessings to you this week."

Last edited by a.rare.love; 08-13-2018 at 11:54 PM..
Old 09-20-2018, 03:30 PM

I tend to tell him everything. Not all the little details of day-to-day life, but my letters talk about what's going on and stream-of-consciousness thoughts. He specifically asked to know about the "hard stuff/bad things," too, so I do tell him things that are tough. And like beachgypsy said, there's a lot of hurt in this that needs to be talked out. We have been able to dig deeper and communicate better via letters than any other way, so we have been talking on a pretty deep soul level. I hate that he's behind the wire but there are ways this has been good. Communication is one of those ways. He shares what's going on with him, too, keeping kind of a running journal through his letters.
The Following User Says Thank You to fretswife For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-21-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 03:32 PM

Oh! One thing I don't talk about is food! LOL! I know it would just torture him to hear about what I'm cooking up So I leave that out If I go out to eat with a girlfriend I just tell him we went out to eat. Not about the juicy steak
The Following User Says Thank You to fretswife For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-21-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 08:13 PM

I tell my boyfriend everything but I usually do not tell him the awful things because I know it will only upset him and thereís nothing he can really do about it. I feel bad and expect to tell him those things if they are of some importance but I try to keep everything very light and cheerful because things cannot be any worse. This is his first charge with something serious so being away for so long is already a struggle for him. I donít want to make the time he already has to do anymore hurtful than it already is.
I hate talking about food but he likes to know what I eat lol I honestly donít know why.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretswife View Post
Oh! One thing I don't talk about is food! LOL! I know it would just torture him to hear about what I'm cooking up So I leave that out If I go out to eat with a girlfriend I just tell him we went out to eat. Not about the juicy steak
aw that's cute chica, hola.

Pero mio, (I said but mine) es diff.
He LOVE to know what i am eating the daytime and evening lol what i cooked,
or bought, or at a restaurant or fast food etc.,al., he love that. and you have a great night now, adios. hugs blessings."

Old 09-22-2018, 06:48 AM

Nope. Saved it all for after the divorce. Just to create for him so so many tormenting questions that he can no longer ask me. HA. But in seriousness. No.