Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:10 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieLynne View Post
Sooo needing to vent to people who understand. LO found out the "mass" they found in his body is growing. Then, he drops a dirty UA and gets phone and email taken away for quite some time. Then today, I get a letter saying he was jumped by 3 guys, his eye was swollen shut, and he thinks his shoulder is broken. So OF COURSE he's the one getting transferred. Not that it matters, he is over a 24hr drive so I couldn't visit anyway, but I get so nervous whenever he moves. And only being able to communicate through letters is the WORST right now. I just need to hear him tell me he's okay. I wish I could just hug him one time. It's been over six years since I've seen him
Lots of hugs to you GracieLynn! I hope your LO has a speedy recovery, with all things considered. Stay strong and continue to keep your letters flowing as these are a godsend for all our LO. I hope hes able to contact you soon and give you some peace of mind that hes ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwiamerican For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (07-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiamerican View Post
Lots of hugs to you GracieLynn! I hope your LO has a speedy recovery, with all things considered. Stay strong and continue to keep your letters flowing as these are a godsend for all our LO. I hope hes able to contact you soon and give you some peace of mind that hes ok.
Thank you!!! I've been writing him every day, but I feel so stupid telling him about my day to day while he's going through all of this, but if I don't, they'd just be letters full of me asking if he's okay over and over. I hate snail mail, feels like we're always 10 steps behind each other. Fingers crossed the mail man brings me something from him tomorrow!!! Much love to you and your LO
The Following User Says Thank You to GracieLynne For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (07-02-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 06:28 AM

Default Newbie... Heartbroken Momma

My son, my 1st born, is facing a long term. He's a 1st time offender, but it was a doozy. I am not making light of the situation. He messed up and he messed up bad. From what I gathered in other posts, I believe I'm not to disclose too much on a current case, correct? I will say (hope it's ok) it's a capital offense. LWOP or DP was a horrible possibility. I am trying to accept this whole thing and accept that the prosecutor waived DP. That is blessing #1. The fact he is even offering my son a plea bargain is blessing #2. I am not happy with the what was offered but, it is still a blessing. Blessing #3 is he will be allowed to request parole after serving 50% rather than being required to do the complete term. (Praying the judge will agree to the terms). I know all these things are blessings. But my baby!!!😭 He has been in county since September 2016. I saw on the website, he is scheduled for plea/final announcement OCA in a couple of weeks. I'm afraid. It is finally about to commence. I honestly don't know exactly what this court appearance entails. Is this where he asks the judge to accept the plea bargain he was offered? Will this be televised? (It's a big case in our hometown) I still hurt and wail when I think on the fact that I walked my son in to turn himself in!!! It is, to this day, the hardest, most painful thing I have ever done. I couldn't allow the Marshals to hunt him down. I gave birth to twin boys Aug 31 (Wednesday). Released Friday without them. (They were 6 weeks early, I spent 2 months in the hospital on bed rest prior to their arrival)... I get home, and literally the very 1st thing I see on Facebook is the Police Chief doing a televised brief, underneath his photo is the description of what he was saying and I see my son's name as a wanted person for this crime. Needless to say, I have not had a normal or easy postpartum recovery. Depression, anxiety and my seizure disorder is in full throttle and has been since that day.
I honestly don't know why I chose to post this. Maybe subconsciously I am crying out for help. My SO hasn't made this any easier either. Don't misunderstand...I have NO DESIRE TO DO MYSELF HARM. But, I do feel like I'm drowning, dying. I have so much in my heart to attempt to let out, but I won't drag this out any longer. I apologise for the long-winded post.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdivine View Post
My son, my 1st born, is facing a long term. He's a 1st time offender, but it was a doozy. I am not making light of the situation. He messed up and he messed up bad. From what I gathered in other posts, I believe I'm not to disclose too much on a current case, correct? I will say (hope it's ok) it's a capital offense. LWOP or DP was a horrible possibility. I am trying to accept this whole thing and accept that the prosecutor waived DP. That is blessing #1. The fact he is even offering my son a plea bargain is blessing #2. I am not happy with the what was offered but, it is still a blessing. Blessing #3 is he will be allowed to request parole after serving 50% rather than being required to do the complete term. (Praying the judge will agree to the terms). I know all these things are blessings. But my baby!!!😭 He has been in county since September 2016. I saw on the website, he is scheduled for plea/final announcement OCA in a couple of weeks. I'm afraid. It is finally about to commence. I honestly don't know exactly what this court appearance entails. Is this where he asks the judge to accept the plea bargain he was offered? Will this be televised? (It's a big case in our hometown) I still hurt and wail when I think on the fact that I walked my son in to turn himself in!!! It is, to this day, the hardest, most painful thing I have ever done. I couldn't allow the Marshals to hunt him down. I gave birth to twin boys Aug 31 (Wednesday). Released Friday without them. (They were 6 weeks early, I spent 2 months in the hospital on bed rest prior to their arrival)... I get home, and literally the very 1st thing I see on Facebook is the Police Chief doing a televised brief, underneath his photo is the description of what he was saying and I see my son's name as a wanted person for this crime. Needless to say, I have not had a normal or easy postpartum recovery. Depression, anxiety and my seizure disorder is in full throttle and has been since that day.
I honestly don't know why I chose to post this. Maybe subconsciously I am crying out for help. My SO hasn't made this any easier either. Don't misunderstand...I have NO DESIRE TO DO MYSELF HARM. But, I do feel like I'm drowning, dying. I have so much in my heart to attempt to let out, but I won't drag this out any longer. I apologise for the long-winded post.
There is nothing harder, but once the plea is actually accepted it get easier. You will still be brokenhearted, but you will less stressed knowing the outcome. I will be praying for you and your son. Stay as strong as you can. Hugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
Samantha004 (07-08-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Donation Award 

Default Alone

Reaching out, feeling isolated and the idea that someone understands would be a comfort. I miss my husband so much it hurts. Everyday there's a list of things I have to do, decisions that used to be his have now become my to do list. When my first husband died, no one expected me to do more than I was ready for, but this isn't a death. It's a loss so great no words can explain it. My husband is my one true love. He is the only person that I have given my whole heart to. I miss him every second of everyday.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Yvette
Donation Award 

Ever had a bad phone conversation with him? or visit or letter? its not all 100% good. We had a bad phone call today. I'm really down over it, one of those times that makes you question yourself and the relationship.
He's calling me again on Friday, I'm more the 'give me space type' when I'm upset but he's more the frantic lets deal with it right now type.
I'm just feeling down over things said, Thanks for listening.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:54 PM

Ladies

Having another one of those days!
& this time it's so much harder because we had an argument yesterday & before you know it "you have 60 seconds" and then the call cut off . Now I'm here regretting saying the phone time especially cause I don't get paid til the end of the week .

He keeps calling today which is making it harder cause I don't want him thinking anything else .

All these emotions no one to talk to *sigh*
The Following User Says Thank You to Mxoxox For This Useful Post:
Yvettee805 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Thanked 2,565 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxoxox View Post
Ladies

Having another one of those days!
& this time it's so much harder because we had an argument yesterday & before you know it "you have 60 seconds" and then the call cut off . Now I'm here regretting saying the phone time especially cause I don't get paid til the end of the week .

He keeps calling today which is making it harder cause I don't want him thinking anything else .

All these emotions no one to talk to *sigh*
That sucks. Write to him and hopefully he will get it in a few days. It will also give you time to think out the argument a bit.

If we have big things to talk about we save them for letters or visits. Phone calls are too short.

I have learned to really access if something is bothering me or not. Picking and choosing battles and how to communicate. It is so not easy, but the lapses in time because he can only call 2x a day for a short amount of time force you to do things in a new way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Mxoxox (09-03-2018), Yvettee805 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 08:42 PM

Just needed a virtual hug! My fiancé is 301 days away from release and we are not getting along so well. I don’t know if it’s resentment, anger, anxiety, or just the feeling of being tired and overwhelmed ☹️.

The Following User Says Thank You to TASSSSH For This Useful Post:
Mxoxox (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASSSSH View Post
Just needed a virtual hug! My fiancé is 301 days away from release and we are not getting along so well. I don’t know if it’s resentment, anger, anxiety, or just the feeling of being tired and overwhelmed ️.
It's probably all the above honestly...
After thinking about the argument me and my bf had the other day , I realized for me it was out anger & and being hurt & for sure resentnent .

Sending hugs your way
The Following User Says Thank You to Mxoxox For This Useful Post:
TASSSSH (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxoxox View Post
It's probably all the above honestly...
After thinking about the argument me and my bf had the other day , I realized for me it was out anger & and being hurt & for sure resentnent .

Sending hugs your way
Srry to hear I think we all have our days of emotions sending hugs back at cha hope you guys chat soon

The Following User Says Thank You to TASSSSH For This Useful Post:
Mxoxox (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvettee805 View Post
Ever had a bad phone conversation with him? or visit or letter? its not all 100% good. We had a bad phone call today. I'm really down over it, one of those times that makes you question yourself and the relationship.
He's calling me again on Friday, I'm more the 'give me space type' when I'm upset but he's more the frantic lets deal with it right now type.
I'm just feeling down over things said, Thanks for listening.
I understand where you are. You would love every interaction to be perfect, but in reality, the stress is soo high on both sides. You just have to do the best you can. In a normal situation in life, couples are challenged with communication. You add prison into the mix and takes it up a notch. All you can do is be patient with this journey and look for opportunities for you to communicate better and hope he can do the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcthomas0527 For This Useful Post:
Mxoxox (09-07-2018), Yvettee805 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Donation Award 

A hug right now would be so welcomed. This week I have lost my very closest friends. So I graciously let them go. No need to debate or go back and forth. Being in my life requires a great deal of love, tons of compassion and a willingness to understand and believe in me. I have chosen to stay and support my husband and I know this path is not for the faint of heart.

It's moments like this that I am in awe of how our souls are created, just when I don't think I can take any more pain, pain comes. It has drenched me to my core, yet here I am. Still standing.

To all the ladies out there, I am in awe of your strength. Thank you for lighting the way so those of us behind you can see that there is a path to the other side. Namaste
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beachgypsy For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (09-08-2018), Mxoxox (09-07-2018), Yvettee805 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Yvette
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgypsy View Post
A hug right now would be so welcomed. This week I have lost my very closest friends. So I graciously let them go. No need to debate or go back and forth. Being in my life requires a great deal of love, tons of compassion and a willingness to understand and believe in me. I have chosen to stay and support my husband and I know this path is not for the faint of heart.

It's moments like this that I am in awe of how our souls are created, just when I don't think I can take any more pain, pain comes. It has drenched me to my core, yet here I am. Still standing.

To all the ladies out there, I am in awe of your strength. Thank you for lighting the way so those of us behind you can see that there is a path to the other side. Namaste
I'm sorry you are going through this, things right now are rough with me and my husband and not being able to talk every day and long waits on mail can ad to "my" depression. Hugs to you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yvettee805 For This Useful Post:
beachgypsy (09-06-2018), Mxoxox (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvettee805 View Post
I'm sorry you are going through this, things right now are rough with me and my husband and not being able to talk every day and long waits on mail can ad to "my" depression. Hugs to you!
Hugs to you too
Old 09-06-2018, 10:00 PM

Default New to this and need to understand Mail

My friend was recently locked up and I sent a letter a week ago and still no response him and I are on good terms as well. I don't know why it's taking so long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanne251 For This Useful Post:
Mxoxox (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 10:38 PM
Yvette
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanne251 View Post
My friend was recently locked up and I sent a letter a week ago and still no response him and I are on good terms as well. I don't know why it's taking so long.
If the letter was sent a week ago you will most likely here back from your friend early next week. Hang in there, mail is tricky in most prisons.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yvettee805 For This Useful Post:
Mxoxox (09-07-2018)