Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Ohio should be posted here.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:25 PM

Default Served 17 years of 15-Life; parole denied. What our next step?

I have a fiance who is doing a 15 to life sentence in an Ohio prison for a crime he didn't commit but was an accessory to. Although I believe my fiance should have received some time, I don't believe 15 to life , the same as his co defendants, who did commit the crime, was a reasonable sentence. But I know thats the way the system is set up. To make a long story short, he has done 17 years, has been " flopped" once and goes back up to the board in four years. During these years he has never given up on researching his case, reaching out to prison activist, prison reform groups, prison ministries, ex parolees, the govenors office & No one has returned a letter of concern or advice. He wrote the Ohio parole board after his appeal. He got a letter back from Cynthia Mausser who sat as head of the Ohio parole board in 2013, She told my fiance to stop complaining and just do his time Although my fiance has taking every program offered, has started his own group for thosee going up to the board, has abided by the prison rules, has stayed out of trouble, no tickets, has a supportive family he among 349 others were all "flopped". You mean to tell me that out of 350 inmates, not one was eligible to be released back into society. The statics shows the amount of eligible parolees has decreased by 24% in the last 5 years. The prisons are now overcrowded with 30% more inmates than there should be in a prison. There is a 7 to 1 ratio of inmates to guards. We as taxpayers spend over $22,000 to house, feed & provide medical to inmates. Yet not one inmate that goes to the board is ready to be released back into society? The numbers just dont add up. I wont stop fighting, I just need help with my next move
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nikkibowles2016 For This Useful Post:
dime10 (01-13-2016), RaRi (04-02-2018), scoopster (04-07-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2018, 11:11 AM

Thanked 1,150 Times in 307 Posts

Your LO's case is very similar to mine and this post scares me! Do you have any update to add? The only thread I am hanging onto is my LO has Transitional Control which I am praying will help him be released at his first hearing.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:44 PM

Default Updates

Hello RaRi! June 2020 is his 2nd parole hearing. We are still praying. Gathering support letters to send to the parole board. Continuing to get family to visit. I plan on going to a parole board meeting soon. Good luck with your LO