Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:46 PM

Question Coastal State Prison Information

Hi Everyone,

I知 new to this site and really not sure how to use it to my benefit yet. I have a question and I知 not sure if I知 in the right place to ask? 🤔 My boyfriend just got transferred to Coastal State prison in Georgia today, and I wanted to know how long before I hear from him? 😢 Also any information you all might have about the 90 day fast track program, visitation, and really just as much information I can get 😬 Does he still have to go through diagnostics? All I致e seen on this subject is old forums, nothing from this year and it took me an hour to find out how to post on here. So I知 in the wrong part of the site let me know! Any help is great help 😊
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2019, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,120 Times in 3,175 Posts

Hi DMansMuffin, and welcome to PTO. I moved your post to the forum on prison information for Georgia.

I don't have answers for you, though I don't believe he'll need to go through diagnostics again. Generally, in the US, once someone transfers to their home institution, it takes a week or so for them to get fully settled in. You'll probably hear from him then, assuming he's got money on his phone account or in his commissary account.

Hopefully someone else will be along soon who knows more about the Georgia system than I do.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
DMansMuffin (09-11-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:00 PM

Thanked 1,816 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMansMuffin View Post
Hi Everyone,

I知 new to this site and really not sure how to use it to my benefit yet. I have a question and I知 not sure if I知 in the right place to ask? 🤔 My boyfriend just got transferred to Coastal State prison in Georgia today, and I wanted to know how long before I hear from him? 😢 Also any information you all might have about the 90 day fast track program, visitation, and really just as much information I can get 😬 Does he still have to go through diagnostics? All I致e seen on this subject is old forums, nothing from this year and it took me an hour to find out how to post on here. So I知 in the wrong part of the site let me know! Any help is great help 😊

Since he has been moved to Coastal he shouldn't have to go through diagnostics. That's just to evaluate them to know where to send them & any needs they might have (medical, mental, etc). Once they're evaluated at Jackson & sent to a facility it should be routine.
Are you on his approved visitation list? He should be able to call you in a few days. If you don't have the phone call service set up then his 1st call will be collect. You can accept it & then set up the phone calls.
I'm not sure about the 90 day fast track program. You might reach out to the advocacy group, The National Incarceration Association. They are based in GA & should be able to give you a bit more info about Coastal & that program you mentioned. Their website is https://joinnia.com/

You can also call them at (800) 589-0241.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-13-2019)