Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
This is so creepy and offputting. You’re trying to purchase her affection and commitment and you clearly will have a problem with it if she doesn’t complete her end of the transaction.
Give me a break. How is it creepy? Because she's younger than me? Because I am sending money or both? I'm not trying to purchase her affection. Any penpal who expects a prisoner to write them without at least funding them with some money for envelopes, paper and pens I think is lame. There should be minimal funding. Yes I am going beyond that but as I said. I like to spoil. They have shit food in there. I've heard time and time again how important it is for inmates to have money on their books. I have sent male inmates money before as well and purchased them tons of books which cost money. It's an experiment for me. I don't care if it fails. I've said that multiple times. Life will move on. I've had nothing but short term flings in which I spent a lot of money time after time in the last decade or so of my life. It's her loss if she doesn't want to be with me.

Love is never a contract in any situation. Even a wife isn't obligated to stay married.

Quote:
you are titillated by what you see on tv.
Titillated by seeing peoples lives destroyed? Ok. Look I started watching some of the prison shows after I started writing her but also I've always been interested in it and it's been a part of my life. I've never been, but that's only because I was lucky. I was a criminal and a drug addict. Many friends have been and still are and have been multiple times to prison. I've written friends there in the past as well. It's not something all new to me. It just adds to my interest. If there was no interest from people in prison and stuff then this site wouldn't even exist. I'm starting to wonder how some people have made it to this site.

Quote:
Whatever though, you’ve got it all figured out.
You sound like me writing to her. lol. No I don't have it all figured out. I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I know that I've been sober and I know what it takes to get and stay sober. I've stayed out of trouble. I've become responsible and independent. I think that my advice is worth something. I'm not perfect by any means. I know what I hope for. I know what she tells me.

If I had it all figured out, I wouldn't be here for support explaining myself and the situation to everyone. I probably won't stop though just because a lot of you don't agree with it. Only way I will stop is if she pisses me off or gives me the total idea that she isn't willing to change whatsoever. So either it'll go somewhere or it wont. It's a rollercoaster. Most relationships are anyway but because of the circumstances, this is even more so. But I do enjoy many aspects of it or I wouldn't be doing it.

I'm here for advice too.

Anyone have any questions I should ask her that maybe I haven't already?

I'm not going to stop sending money or stop talking to her.

What are some other things I should consider or do?

I've been writing her every day for 2 months. I usually get 2 or 3 letters from her a week. Her letters are usually packed with pages that she had written over the course of a few days. I have gotten to know her quite a bit so far and her me as well.

I can see that discussing this on the forum is going to be difficult, just like writing her is difficult because it's hard to really read people through writing. Someone may come off as offensive when they really aren't trying to be. etc. that's what makes it hard

Last edited by Onetruemisfit; 09-10-2019 at 08:36 AM..