Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Does your man every cry to you?
Yes 224 65.88%
No 116 34.12%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2008, 10:38 PM

Default When he cries to you

*sorry for the typo in the poll, supposed to be "ever", not "every"*

I felt so helpless tonight. I got a surprise phone call b/c he's only allowed one per week and last week it was Sunday, tonight is Friday but it definitely made my night.

Before I get totally into it, let me say he's in shock incarceration which is a program in NY for non-violent felons. It's basically boot camp through prison. They take classes, do all the boot camp physical stuff including COs in your face, screaming (slapping, he's got smacked in the back of the head. A guy got smacked across the face for fighting), it's a rough program but it lets him come home in 6 months flat instead of his 1-3 sentence.

He calls me and says hey baby and we talk (he's only allowed 10 minutes) like how are you and stuff and I ask him and he stops short... pauses and then he starts bawling basically and saying baby this is the hardest thing I've ever done. (Big change from Saturday, he was all enthusiastic) "I NEED to see you tomorrow, every chance I need you. I've been crying every day" I told him I'd try and then he absolutely broke my heart when he said "No you won't, you never fail me. You ALWAYS find a way. You will be here, I know it" (Keep in mind, he doesn't get money or anything b/c I can't afford it)

His mom was supposed to take me but she has to work and was short on $$. I have money but her working prevents it. So I found this out after we talked. My mom's car is... in rough shape and it's a 90 mile round trip so I was unsure about taking it. I didn't think I was going so I just went into my room and bawled... and bawled.. and bawled into my pillow. At 9 I came downstairs and talked to my mom and she said it will be fine, that I need to go see him (esp after I told her how our phone convo went). We're young, we're only 20 (me) and 24 (him) so this is really hard on me... moreso than it should be but I love him and in a short 6-7 months he'll be home. Thankfully I'm going to see him for 6 hours tomorrow now.

Does your man cry to you on the phone or ever tell you he was? It seems like a lot of women here have big tough guys who don't show emotions and my baby is on the complete other side of the fence, he's an incredible softie. What do you tell them? Tonight I told him I'd see him tomorrow and he'd have 6 hours of bliss to help... *sigh* It's mixed emotions, I hate seeing him hurting and can't do a thing to help it, it seems. On the other side I'm bouncing off the walls cuz I'm going to see him tomorrow.

Last edited by silvergirl0007; 01-18-2008 at 10:39 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvergirl0007 For This Useful Post:
mkc'swife (03-19-2010), NC_Dragon (03-22-2010), sage26 (03-22-2010)
Sponsored Links