Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmylove1 View Post
Omg I know!! I Cannot wait for 2018. We are going on 6 year. I never thought this time would come. And it has been so hard, I'm sure you can imagine. I cried SO much. For the first time, I feel relieved smewhat because it is approaching. Yay!
I totally understand your emotions I cry at least every month lol I just canít help it I miss him sooooo much but as we have the last month left to get through and start 2018 I feel that Iíll start to feel more at ease because the count down begins really
The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopswife55 For This Useful Post:
Guccigrl (11-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
HI CHICA. HOLA.
I can pm ya the info or i will try to leave it here.
and
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I just went to(click where mi ticker es chica)
and it shall bring u right there to the site and

follow the instructions, i.e., "pick out your background u want as i did the dark color i like sometimes. and then i chose an event."I've changed mi signature only 24hours ago since mi fiancee/bff is FINALLY after almost five long years of doing this big wit him he is OUT(of prison)at 1/2way house til his transfer go through.he did almost 11 yrs since age 18.
-
It's pretty easy to do the ticker.But if you're still needing help let me know.
Hugs and Blessings! Adios.

Ok thank you! And happy thanksgiving boo 😁😁😁 hope you enjoyed
Old 11-23-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
38 days left of this month, then 2018. Let's get this going!
I canít wait !!!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnmario View Post
My fiancť comes home also in Sept 2019, I'm praying and hoping that he comes home in stated time cuz they want to add more time to his sentence

aw chica. i hope he get out in Fall season of Sept.2019...

I hope he does not end up gettin' more prison time.
-
Please do keep us all posted. God bless u. and your loved one.

Adios. Hugs -n- Blessings.G-night.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:05 PM

Thanked 1,207 Times in 612 Posts

After some crazy weather yesterday, I just dropped my husband off today at Duluth Prison Camp in Minnesota where his expected release is Spring in 2019. We’ll know for sure once the BOP updates their site. Hard day for us, but it’s been a long wait and now we can turn the corner and get this over with. Heading home now to Chicago and my new normal. He handled it ok. I’m the strong one and having a more difficult time than I expected. . I know I will find the support I need on this site; it has been a great resource in helping him prepare what to expect. It was definitely strange to drive right up and not have any guards, wires, guns, etc. Prisoners were just walking around. I described it to my friends as a college campus where everyone was dressed the same in forest green!
Old 12-05-2017, 05:28 PM

Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,252 Posts

At least you can begin the process of putting this behind you. He'll be home soon enough.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:50 PM

July 2019!! We can see the finish line !!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
At least you can begin the process of putting this behind you. He'll be home soon enough.
Hope so! Donít feel weíre quite at the starting gate just yet; the boo inmate locator still shows him not in custody. I assume that only means their system hasnít updated. Does anyone know how long before itíll show up? His release date should then show up too, right?
Old 12-05-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
Hope so! Donít feel weíre quite at the starting gate just yet; the boo inmate locator still shows him not in custody. I assume that only means their system hasnít updated. Does anyone know how long before itíll show up? His release date should then show up too, right?
I am not sure how long it takes. I wish I could help you there. Federal forums may be of more help.

I try to look at it as, court is a memory, county a memory, intake a memory, and where he is now will become a memory soon enough. There were days that felt like they would never end and then wake up to realize it is almost a year.

There is a period of adjustment once everything settles down and it feels like time stops. Constantly waiting for the next date for court or whatever and then it becomes just doing the time. Groundhogs day.

Time is moving regardless. We are figuring out ways to use this time as productively as possible now. We are praying for release in 2019 with a special program, but he could be there until 2023 if he screws up.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
After some crazy weather yesterday, I just dropped my husband off today at Duluth Prison Camp in Minnesota where his expected release is Spring in 2019. Weíll know for sure once the BOP updates their site. Hard day for us, but itís been a long wait and now we can turn the corner and get this over with. Heading home now to Chicago and my new normal. He handled it ok. Iím the strong one and having a more difficult time than I expected. . I know I will find the support I need on this site; it has been a great resource in helping him prepare what to expect. It was definitely strange to drive right up and not have any guards, wires, guns, etc. Prisoners were just walking around. I described it to my friends as a college campus where everyone was dressed the same in forest green!

Awwww welcome 2019 May seem far but itíll be here in no time , I felt like you being supportive with my husband and preparing him for this nightmare he has to go through but I could say that Iím more Relief that we are getting this over with and not have to go back and forth to court , I also think of where my man is as college as well you know he has school and paint shop keeping him occupied and soon gonna start working out so I just pretend to myself he away in school just to make me feel a lil bit better
Old 12-05-2017, 10:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Mine is Shock eligible April 2019. We are keeping our fingers crossed for December 2019 if not a little earlier. Would be the best Christmas present ever!
Please forgive my ignorance but what is ďShockĒ? And the time will be here before you know it!!!!
Old 12-05-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
I am not sure how long it takes. I wish I could help you there. Federal forums may be of more help.

I try to look at it as, court is a memory, county a memory, intake a memory, and where he is now will become a memory soon enough. There were days that felt like they would never end and then wake up to realize it is almost a year.

There is a period of adjustment once everything settles down and it feels like time stops. Constantly waiting for the next date for court or whatever and then it becomes just doing the time. Groundhogs day.

Time is moving regardless. We are figuring out ways to use this time as productively as possible now. We are praying for release in 2019 with a special program, but he could be there until 2023 if he screws up.
Well said. Time felt like it just stood still between sentencing and today his SS day. Now finally we can countdown!

Good luck to you with a 2019 release, what a difference, 2023 or 2019! That must drive you crazy, one wrong move, omg! I've given mine the business with that as well not to screw anything up to lose his good time, but that is only the difference of something like 70 days. I cannot imagine 4 years difference!
Old 12-05-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopswife55 View Post
Awwww welcome 2019 May seem far but itíll be here in no time , I felt like you being supportive with my husband and preparing him for this nightmare he has to go through but I could say that Iím more Relief that we are getting this over with and not have to go back and forth to court , I also think of where my man is as college as well you know he has school and paint shop keeping him occupied and soon gonna start working out so I just pretend to myself he away in school just to make me feel a lil bit better
I will have to try to convince myself as well that he's at a bad summer camp or something. My husband is an only child so other than when he was in college and graduate school, never really had roommates, so the fact that he has to be in a room of 4 or 6 (I'll know when I finally hear from him), will really be difficult for him. He will have to learn to adapt. It's hard not knowing what he's going through right now and knowing whether he's ok. I just hope he's strong enough to get through this in one piece with few emotional scars. He has to keep busy and get on some sort of routine.

I have to wait 5-1/2 weeks to see him again. That will be so hard.

Thank god they can at least work out!
Old 12-06-2017, 04:25 AM

My man comes home May 10th 2019 and we are getting married May 26th 2018 😍😍 really wishing I could just speed up time right about now lol
The Following User Says Thank You to HisPeaches For This Useful Post:
Snoopswife55 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I will have to try to convince myself as well that he's at a bad summer camp or something. My husband is an only child so other than when he was in college and graduate school, never really had roommates, so the fact that he has to be in a room of 4 or 6 (I'll know when I finally hear from him), will really be difficult for him. He will have to learn to adapt. It's hard not knowing what he's going through right now and knowing whether he's ok. I just hope he's strong enough to get through this in one piece with few emotional scars. He has to keep busy and get on some sort of routine.

I have to wait 5-1/2 weeks to see him again. That will be so hard.

Thank god they can at least work out!
Youíll be ok just keep yourself busy and that 5 weeks will be here in no time I saw my man yesterday and I saw him 3 or 4 weeks ago before yesterdayís visit and it felt fast lol like I just saw him ... itís gonna take your man a while to adapt his first few months there but as long as he has you itíll keep him strong and get through it cause your what heís looking forward too coming home
Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisPeaches View Post
My man comes home May 10th 2019 and we are getting married May 26th 2018 😍😍 really wishing I could just speed up time right about now lol

Awww thatís a day after my birthday lol my man will be here June 2019 wish he could of been for my bday but whatever Iím glad he will be home to enjoy the summer
Old 12-10-2017, 04:14 PM

21 days until the new year!

Old 12-10-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
21 days until the new year!
I know ! I canít wait
Old 12-18-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Youíll be ok just keep yourself busy and that 5 weeks will be here in no time I saw my man yesterday and I saw him 3 or 4 weeks ago before yesterdayís visit and it felt fast lol like I just saw him ... itís gonna take your man a while to adapt his first few months there but as long as he has you itíll keep him strong and get through it cause your what heís looking forward too coming home
Two weeks down! Managing ok. I'm on vacation right now with my kids, so that actually makes things a little better. Busy with the kids so can't think about him being away.

He has acclimated pretty well considering. He is still awaiting a job. I think he will find out tomorrow or Wednesday. Has been reading a lot and keeping himself busy watching the news, sports, etc. Doesn't sound like he's suffering and as I've said somewhere else, it's more of a punishment to the family and society than to him really. He wasn't a threat to society by any means, he volunteered regularly, was more helpful in the community than out. Instead he is essentially locked up and sitting around on the tax payer dime being fed, getting as of now decent medical care - has gotten his regular meds (without having to go through a line, they just gave him bottles), have performed EKG, xrays, etc., said the food is decent, watches TV including sports and news regularly, I think he said there's a pool or ping pong table I think. I heard him say someone was playing Floor hockey recently.

One thing I find annoying is that he did tell me that I find annoying is that men are belching all the time just out in the open without saying excuse me. Such pigs. So basically with no women around they feel it's ok to not have manners I guess. Disgusting. Then he told me today that not only is the belching an issue, but they also just walk around farting and spitting. Jesus. I mean come on. What is this? A bunch of 16 year old boys going through puberty? Thank god he told me he does it in private, because I told him if he comes home doing that without minding his manners (major pet peeve of mine) he will be banished to another room until he cleans up that act. So basically, prison is not teaching civility, in fact, anything but. And um, isn't the idea of prison to teach rehabilitation? This is a minor thing obviously, but clearly if you can't teach or enforce proper manners, not sure how the heck you can teach rehabilitation for those who need it.

Also, people in there know about the delays in HWH placement or that they aren't going to them, but all still want to go to them without understanding that the restrictions there may actually be worse. I must get emails from my husband 3 or 4 times a day. I haven't once heard him say that he can't email me or he will get in trouble. Actually, haven't even heard him say, if he does x he will get in trouble. He does at least seem to appreciate what he had before he went in and obviously when his time is over in early 2019, will not be looking the same at things as he use to. In the 2 short weeks he is there, he said he has definitely learned a new appreciation for a lot of the things he took for granted before. So it has been good for that. I guess we'll what happens as time goes on.

Still no news on what his release date is and the no job thing is annoying. Hopefully soon.

5-1/2 weeks so is now down to 3-1/2 weeks so that will be good to finally see him!
Old 12-19-2017, 06:56 AM

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,788 Posts

Quote:
Two weeks down! Managing ok. I'm on vacation right now with my kids, so that actually makes things a little better. Busy with the kids so can't think about him being away.

He has acclimated pretty well considering. He is still awaiting a job. I think he will find out tomorrow or Wednesday. Has been reading a lot and keeping himself busy watching the news, sports, etc. Doesn't sound like he's suffering and as I've said somewhere else, it's more of a punishment to the family and society than to him really. He wasn't a threat to society by any means, he volunteered regularly, was more helpful in the community than out. Instead he is essentially locked up and sitting around on the tax payer dime being fed, getting as of now decent medical care - has gotten his regular meds (without having to go through a line, they just gave him bottles), have performed EKG, xrays, etc., said the food is decent, watches TV including sports and news regularly, I think he said there's a pool or ping pong table I think. I heard him say someone was playing Floor hockey recently.

One thing I find annoying is that he did tell me that I find annoying is that men are belching all the time just out in the open without saying excuse me. Such pigs. So basically with no women around they feel it's ok to not have manners I guess. Disgusting. Then he told me today that not only is the belching an issue, but they also just walk around farting and spitting. Jesus. I mean come on. What is this? A bunch of 16 year old boys going through puberty? Thank god he told me he does it in private, because I told him if he comes home doing that without minding his manners (major pet peeve of mine) he will be banished to another room until he cleans up that act. So basically, prison is not teaching civility, in fact, anything but. And um, isn't the idea of prison to teach rehabilitation? This is a minor thing obviously, but clearly if you can't teach or enforce proper manners, not sure how the heck you can teach rehabilitation for those who need it.

Also, people in there know about the delays in HWH placement or that they aren't going to them, but all still want to go to them without understanding that the restrictions there may actually be worse. I must get emails from my husband 3 or 4 times a day. I haven't once heard him say that he can't email me or he will get in trouble. Actually, haven't even heard him say, if he does x he will get in trouble. He does at least seem to appreciate what he had before he went in and obviously when his time is over in early 2019, will not be looking the same at things as he use to. In the 2 short weeks he is there, he said he has definitely learned a new appreciation for a lot of the things he took for granted before. So it has been good for that. I guess we'll what happens as time goes on.

Still no news on what his release date is and the no job thing is annoying. Hopefully soon.

5-1/2 weeks so is now down to 3-1/2 weeks so that will be good to finally see him!
Your visit will be here before you know it
My husband said they do the same thing where he is (belching farting etc) he hates it. No respect. He said their a bunch of young punks who will definitely end up back in prison not to mention alot of drugs. Hope they put up his release date so just so you know and can start counting down.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Your visit will be here before you know it
My husband said they do the same thing where he is (belching farting etc) he hates it. No respect. He said their a bunch of young punks who will definitely end up back in prison not to mention alot of drugs. Hope they put up his release date so just so you know and can start counting down.
He hasnít mentioned drugs or other contraband, however, on his first phone call and emails he immediately told me there is something about his roommates he has to tell me but he has to do it in person, so Iím assuming itís something about that. He also said he was the first in his room to go to bed at night and I joked ďare they the partiersĒ and again he said, Iíll just have to tell you when I see you. So whatever it is it was bad enough that he didnít want to be recorded saying it for fear he could get in trouble. At that time he was in a room with 5 other people. After one week, he did get his room moved and now heís only with 2 other people which size wise is much better (thereís an empty bed) but a lot more space but he told me the issue is the same and again will tell me when he sees me, so god only knows! We heard before he went in there are a lot of smokers there and cell phones so that would be my guess. We didnít hear there were drugs there. Many of the guys are in their 40/ I think and two are even older than 75. Yikes!! And my hubby who is not an outdoorsman at this point said he would be fine working in the kitchen. I think he just wants a job. There are no jobs in education and they are laying 30 people off. Kind of funny in prison they are ďlayingĒ prisoners off! So much for rehabilitating people once again. They are also short staffed there.

But the consensus is that it is one of the best camps there is and hey my husband has now learned how to do laundry better than when he was in college! I guess the government should be proud of itself - if they wanted to punish my husband, maybe thatís how they think they did it. You know, all judges and prosecutors as part of training should spend a month in the different level of prison and see what a waste of time and tax dollars some of these are because quite frankly and I know many people feel the same, it is a complete joke that these prosecutors sit there on their high horses saying blah blah blah about the people they are sentencing when they donít know jackshit about them. The biggest joke in my husbandís sentence was this prosecutor who was a great draw for us because we were told by our previous lawyer and sentencing lawyer and others we knew that we were lucky because he was so lazy, is that he had the nerve to say my hiusband was a threat to society. Please! A threat how? Really? My husband made a stupid decision to help a client in 2006. One time. This is 2017. Never did it before or again, yet heís a threat to society now? What an asshole. Even the judge laughed at that one. This guy also lied to the judge when asked if the client was going to be prosecuted and said no. Of course my husband cooperated and told them everything they needed to go after the client but the government blew the SOL so by then all they could recover was such a nominal amount of $ they deemed it not worth it. Ugh! Ok sorry Iíll sorry my bitter pill for the day. My point, for what is meant to punish these people is not doing jack to punish them. Maybe emotionally scarring them perhaps and weíll know that in a year but so far the punishment is on us the Family.

One other thing that for a prison I find strange, he can basically email me anytime he wants as often as he wants. Has timenlimits and then just has to wait half hour in between) and can all when he wants although the phone is sort of a nuisance and canít really say what you want in 15 mins. So even in that sense weíre not cut off.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:

See time is going and my husband told me the same thing about drugs and the farting and young dudes acting tough in there but as long as your husband stay to him self read the COs respect him more in there and also itíll just help his mind escape the outside world time to time and he will get a job soon most likely after the new year start
Old 12-19-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
See time is going and my husband told me the same thing about drugs and the farting and young dudes acting tough in there but as long as your husband stay to him self read the COs respect him more in there and also itíll just help his mind escape the outside world time to time and he will get a job soon most likely after the new year start
Yep he has found some men to hang out with and when I see him will definitely fill me in on that and a whole lot more. Said there are a lot of big trump supporters in there (surprising based on all the cutbacks and new head of bop plus shortages there, etc) but whatever, plus there is a white supremacist group there that he has definitely avoided thank god, because In no way do we share any of those views period and that has just got to be so uncomfortable. He is pretty liberal (probably dying over the tax cuts) so it is probably hard to keep his mouth shut but two weeks down and thank god no issues. He wants to instead know all about the sexual harassment stuff and whatís going on out here, so I view that as a good thing!
Old 12-25-2017, 12:02 PM

Merry Christmas! 6 more days until the new year!

Old 12-25-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Merry Christmas! 6 more days until the new year!
Merry Christmas ❤️💚❤️💚 ! I know Iím ready to get the year started !!