Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:54 PM

Default Effects of Prison on your loved ones? How do you deal with it?

Have you noticed you LO changing since they have gone to prison? What effects are you noticing about your loved one now that he/she is in prison? Have you noticed them shutting down on you? Manipulating you? More distrustful of you....ect. What are you doing specifically to counteract these effects? Is it working?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley123 View Post
Have you noticed you LO changing since they have gone to prison? What effects are you noticing about your loved one now that he/she is in prison? Have you noticed them shutting down on you? Manipulating you? More distrustful of you....ect. What are you doing specifically to counteract these effects? Is it working?
To say the least he is holding his own and doing his best to keep it together and no it has not been easy on either of us
Old 10-08-2018, 06:19 AM

Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,258 Posts

You have to expect some changes because the environment is different. Politics in there is different, stress levels are different.

Mine is more on edge that anything else. He is very aware of everything. Based on his experiences, he feels he has to be.

Is he a jerk to me? No. Manipulative? No. He trusts me, but always has the worry that the time will be too much.
I stay consistent. I call him out on behaviors that may confuse me or concern. For eexamples, on visits he had as hard time relaxing. Always looking around.

Yes, being around the same people and in the same environment will change as person. Most of the time it has to happen for survival purposes.

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Hurley123 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
You have to expect some changes because the environment is different. Politics in there is different, stress levels are different.

Mine is more on edge that anything else. He is very aware of everything. Based on his experiences, he feels he has to be.

Is he a jerk to me? No. Manipulative? No. He trusts me, but always has the worry that the time will be too much.
I stay consistent. I call him out on behaviors that may confuse me or concern. For eexamples, on visits he had as hard time relaxing. Always looking around.

Yes, being around the same people and in the same environment will change as person. Most of the time it has to happen for survival purposes.
Yes, I totally understand what your saying....I guess my question is how do you go about easing his anxiety? to help him open up? How do you help him to communicate with you?