Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:41 PM
Loving you since 1995

Default Our experience with IPTC

I am someone that likes to be informed. So hopefully our experience will give you a little insight of what to expect.

My loved one just completed his 2nd month at IPTC so we are still learning. My husband moved to IPTC 2 months after getting his parole answer. But dont quote me on that as things always change. He was transferred to Garza West then transferred that same night to the IPTC unit.

We were informed that if my loved one qualifies for the 1b program he can do aftercare at home. One of the small qualifications is he needs to have attended 2 family time sessions within 30-60 days of his arrival to IPTC. Then attend a 3rd session when he is close to completing the program. About the 4th month in. The family time session is in a group setting for 1 hour and is with you, your loved one, other inmates and their family member. Only 1 family member per inmate can attend during the session. The unit my loved one is at recommends to be at the unit by 8am because it is limited seating and on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. Once checked in you will have your visit and be called for family time at 10am. If you didnt complete your visit before the family time session starts, you will be allowed to continue your visit after the session. I also believe his level of addiction is also a factor for the 1b program.
They will do work while in IPTC. They have 3 phases. My loved one told me he had to write an autobiography on himself and about his hobbies. He has also asked for directions and maps to a treatment center here in my city and NA/AA meeting locations closest to our home. He has also requested to find a sponsor.
Im not sure if the maps and directions have to do with the home plan for the 1B program but it only makes sense to have a plan in place in order to succeed. He will be told if he qualifies for the phase 1b program about 60 days before completing IPTC. If approved for phase 1B program he will be released and can be picked up from the IPTC unit.
If he does go to an Aftercare program he will be sent to one closest to his home of residence. During aftercare he will be required to get a job. He can also be awarded a weekend pass after a certain time frame there.

It's silly to say, but I like the COs and the IPTC unit my husband is at. They are friendly, cordial and speak to you with courtesy. I've too many times come across COs at other units treat visitors like inmates and have no empathy. So my experience visiting goes very well also.

Good luck and Best Wishes.
dtmom2013 (06-17-2018), Jackie.hdz (06-25-2018), LifeTraveler (06-17-2018), nimuay (06-17-2018), patchouli (06-17-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2018, 11:16 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,712 Times in 14,626 Posts

Thank you so much for posting this! This is what PTO is about Member helping member navigate various processes, sharing experiences / knowledge, information, support & understanding

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
nimuay (06-17-2018), SAGIRL (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,781 Times in 10,762 Posts

Ditto what patch said! Many thanks!!
patchouli (06-17-2018), SAGIRL (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 05:42 PM
Loving you since 1995

You're welcome!
patchouli (06-17-2018)